Forum

New players/teams - we need to do more!

Created 28th June 2011 @ 17:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from dauk

just curious: approx. how many players came to competitive scene after update and how many will come? It might be worth to make etf2l mentor forum where would be a list of volunteers that are willing to help new teams/players. I could help with that as I was mentoring everyone who asked for it.

I agree with this, a mentoring forum where people volunteer for mentors then new players can post requesting one and look for one that is free. (ensure to let people know that THEY have to find their mentor from the list, not the other way around).

Sketch

MM

I am currently talking to a new team about mentoring. And I know of several others who are doing similar things, either with old friends who were inactive, like myself, or with new community pub players.

Stuff is being done, you just aren’t hearing about it.

New teams shouldn’t be scared of asking for help, there are a lot of players that can give good advice. If you are keen to improve even asking for a bit of mentoring from any experienced players. If you are a new team you will learn plenty just from other low division players that can help you to get the basics down.

Edit: note on prem teams, the only reason they got to the skill they are is because of competition from trying to beat diggy. It’s not unlikely that a team will again start to dominate tf2. People want to be the best and beat the best. When the best go inactive that competition fades for a while until somebody gets off their Arse and decides they are going to take that crown. And that makes everybody else motivated.

Jammi

Yep, people have actually invited me, which is surprising, because I thought I should be the one looking for help. It has been quite a good start for me. I havent done anything quite yet, but thanks to MightyMe, Huhy, Dummy and Koeitje for contacting me and helping a bit. :))

Stimpy

Quoted from dougiie

so I’m currently teaching quite a few from Rasta css teams the basics…

played with some of the croatian/serbian lot from Rasta..DMG and omfg some of them were so sick for a first game.

One of them is an insane awp in css and cs1.6, well known and that. First mix, played sniper all game, like 30 frags. Would be insta called hacker imo :DDD Basically what I’m saying is the potential from good players from css or whatever is so huge!

Lol this reminds me of IDK2 Jims… was a sick css sniper. joined tf2 and played pocket sniper, after 2-3 games anti cheat admins asked him to provide demo’s…

8 hours TF2 sniper max in the vid.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c411-2A4jq0

So they if they are good anti cheat will be after them.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5