Forum

Quickfix

Created 24th June 2011 @ 21:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

Quoted from Waebi

having no overheals to mid would make the game actually more fun. yay, no more fucking suicide soldiers in my face.

solly’s will still jump but less successfully, yes.. this “quickfix” needs to be tested as it could revolutionise tf2 as we know it :0

i think it should be allowed as it makes the medic’s choice of what medigun to use, tactically, that affects the whole team and bring different dimensions to the use of teamwork. the medic is the most tactile class in tf2 that has the opportunity to change the dynamic of the game, and having the rest of the classes vanilla means there is stable ground to evolve decent tactics around and really bring the true idea of teamwork into fruition.

i mean… we can still host random tournaments where it is cinnamon. but for true competition and for the tf2 scene to grow competitively i suggest to impose the idea noted above.

Last edited by rAye.,

AnimaL

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
dumb weapon which is not needed
and no, a new weapon is not suddenly needed because you took a liking to it
it doesnt have enough merit to be allowed

all i know is that if both teams use it, tf2 is actually fun again

if one team uses kritz then its just back and forward all the time

and uber is shit bcs i get two quickfixes by the time u get single uber

Last edited by AnimaL,

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from rAye.

[…]
solly’s will still jump but less successfully, yes.. this “quickfix” needs to be tested as it could revolutionise tf2 as we know it :0

i think it should be allowed as it makes the medic’s choice of what medigun to use, tactically, that affects the whole team and bring different dimensions to the use of teamwork. the medic is the most tactile class in tf2 that has the opportunity to change the dynamic of the game, and having the rest of the classes vanilla means there is stable ground to evolve decent tactics around and really bring the true idea of teamwork into fruition.

i mean… we can still host random tournaments where it is cinnamon. but for true competition and for the tf2 scene to grow competitively i suggest to impose the idea noted above.

good idea, i like

Tornf4lk

cc//

I think it seems pretty interesting. Everything would be centered more around the medic, but I think it may also become slightly faster gameplay. I think comp tf2 would do well with this weapon:

Vaskie

BulletClub

Absolutely fantastic idea rAye !
As a Medic i can truly feel what you mean with those words. It truly is up to the Medic to change the game, Kritz and Uber has been what made the most change up to now, not all the random weapons. Team Fortress 2 is a game of Skill, but more than anything it’s a game of Tactics.

glados

\\/ier ° HL

That lovely “QF”… it’s such an brilliant weapon.
I wanted to point that little speedboost which will make very interesting kinds of pushes actually possible.
I’m just thinking of only the medic and 2 scouts are alive and have to push against an entire team. Mission possible?

JimmyBreeze

k^m

sounds like mission awesome to me

aaaaa

Quoted from rAye.

Fund it.

Sc

i dont care about quickfix but The Solemn Vow should be allowed ;[

kaidus

WiK?

How to completely fuck up the this opportunity: Start arguing about unlocks again.

droso

o/

The quickfix is shit.
It makes the soldiers boring and useless.

Even you said so yesterday.

[21:36:39] +AnimaL__> u might want to drop soldier for heavy now tho

[21:44:59] +DroSoPhiLe> the thing is soldiers can’t really go agro without overheal too
[21:45:10] +__Mike> thats why
[21:45:14] +__Mike> you’ll just have 1 solly
[21:45:17] +__Mike> who gets heals
[21:45:20] +__Mike> i guess
[21:45:25] +AnimaL__> 5v5
[21:45:26] +AnimaL__> fuck it

It changes the game so much it looks completely new. I wouldn’t want to play that new game where soldiers/heavys get to mid after everything is over and the medic already has the ubercharge…

Quoted from kaidus

How to completely fuck up the this opportunity: Start arguing about unlocks again.

Last edited by droso,

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from droso

The quickfix is shit.
It makes the soldiers boring and useless.

Even you said so yesterday.

[21:36:39] +AnimaL__> u might want to drop soldier for heavy now tho

[21:44:59] +DroSoPhiLe> the thing is soldiers can’t really go agro without overheal too
[21:45:10] +__Mike> thats why
[21:45:14] +__Mike> you’ll just have 1 solly
[21:45:17] +__Mike> who gets heals
[21:45:20] +__Mike> i guess
[21:45:25] +AnimaL__> 5v5
[21:45:26] +AnimaL__> fuck it

It changes the game so much it looks completely new. I wouldn’t want to play that new game where soldiers/heavys get to mid after everything is over and the medic already has the ubercharge…

[…]

firstly your main isn’t solly, you’ll probably have to play differently to be useful :)

droso

o/

It’s not like i’m a bad soldier though.
It’s not because it’s not my main class I can’t have an opinion on the matter.

Last edited by droso,

Sketch

MM

Yay more weapon debates. Fml just play the fucking game. Allow it all. Either change with the game or it will die. If you want to fix any imbalance in the game just change the class limits up. 2 of any class makes The weapon they carry op.

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Sketch

Yay more weapon debates. Fml just play the fucking game. Allow it all. Either change with the game or it will die. If you want to fix any imbalance in the game just change the class limits up. 2 of any class makes The weapon they carry op.

I wouldn’t want it ALL allowed, just the quick fix and maybe equaliser (gru??)

and DroSo, ye but you’re still not top at it, top players would adapt to the new playstyle, like animal did to using the new weapon, it’s different to use, maybe even harder but he didn’t complain because he liked the change and the challenge, a worse medic might not have liked it because it was harder to use, or different compared to the normal uber, but still i think all 3 different ubercannons should be allowed

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »