Forum

Defiant Gaming LF TF2 team

Created 13th June 2011 @ 22:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

TucE

tR67
KUKKO!

Quoted from Greg

I highly doubt a new organisation can support the likes of SG-1, the costs for the finns to get to the event is in excess of £2000. And then its not just 1 event the team will be looking for constant support to kiev and LANs into the next year.

The propise of “possible support in the future, dependent on results” is so standard, to try and blindside teams who are desperate to get “that free LAN event” that unless the org is reputable (and even sometimes then, not going to name orgs) its really not even worth taking into consideration.

Yet alone the Org is only a month old, has a pretty dodgy website with a maximum of 500 views, with no sponsors listed on the website. I am even more doubtful, unless the owner is Mr Arbalet, that they have 2 coins to rub together, yet alone money to send Power to multiple events each year.

Yep, and they even need help for paying their website, so I doubt that there could be some “Catman” behind this multigaming community.

Last edited by TucE,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

atttrrraaaaa did point out their website is in the makings by one of their sponsors. That implies they will have a working website and do have at least 2 sponsors.

To be fair this sponsor makes websites for all the wannabe “MGOs” – http://vl-media.co.uk/

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

atttrrraaaaa did point out their website is in the makings by one of their sponsors. That implies they will have a working website and do have at least 2 sponsors.

It also implies that they rushed into this with little planning and are trying to find teams and expand why to fast, when infact an organisation with decent backing would take there time, get to the most professional level they can (especially when they are getting a website designed) before bringing in teams to represent them.

The only reason I would see for rushing a website is to get exposure for them and their sponsors (who aren’t even on the website). It just seems like the case of a guy and his mates going “oh lets set up an org” and then just diving straight in without taking the time to plan.

But Good Luck to Defiant Gaming, its always nice when more organisations pick up TF2, from the large scale orgs down to the fledgeling, hopefully they can get some good results at there first LAN and go on from there.

atttrrraaaaa

Quoted from Greg

[…]

It also implies that they rushed into this with little planning and are trying to find teams and expand why to fast, when infact an organisation with decent backing would take there time, get to the most professional level they can (especially when they are getting a website designed) before bringing in teams to represent them.

The only reason I would see for rushing a website is to get exposure for them and their sponsors (who aren’t even on the website). It just seems like the case of a guy and his mates going “oh lets set up an org” and then just diving straight in without taking the time to plan.

But Good Luck to Defiant Gaming, its always nice when more organisations pick up TF2, from the large scale orgs down to the fledgeling, hopefully they can get some good results at there first LAN and go on from there.

I do understand why you would think that we’re merely a org made by a couple mates as a laugh, but the founder does put alot of time and effort into it all. All I hear him talk about is things like “we need to do a bit more on the site, i want it pushed out by next week, I’ll do a half day at college and go home early at work” and things like that.

Of course we won’t be able to ship off a bunch of team to LAN and pay for it all ourselves straight at the start, but we’re in the process of making the best .pdf presentation ever for sponsors :D , showing results of our CSS team and the tf2 team when it’s fully announced.

I’m not actually really all that “upper-class” in the org, being only an admin on the ts3 because of the cod4 team I’m in. But I’ve offered to help as IRazer (founder) does need alot of help and is very passionate about his job.

Haunter

any other way of contacting u besides email?

huhystah

Do you have steam or skype?

They already got a team it seems: http://etf2l.org/teams/11602/

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

huhystah

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

They already got a team it seems: http://etf2l.org/teams/11602/

I know, got some other questions.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2