Forum

Massive F*cking Update (15/4/11)

Created 15th April 2011 @ 02:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

Cizeer

Quoted from G-Mang

My HUD is patched, but I was unable to perform all of my normal tests because I couldn’t get in-game Steam Community connectivity working. If anything seems broken, please let me know.

Download: http://code.google.com/p/gmang-tf2hud/downloads/detail?name=gmanghudpublicbeta24.zip

Great and funny hud but how can i creat in ‘find server’ bookmarks?

Tikcus

Quoted from Wabbeh

GJ Valve, youve yet again managed to buff pyro….now not only does it have a superfast wep switch, but it can crit from behind AND airblast, but now the flare gun is ridiculously OP…Im glad pixel pickups are vanilla now.
Also isnt the training system the one where the trainee could basically get a wallhack?

All these changes were in beta for 2 months, if you use it test items and give valve your feedback, you can influence these changes.

To note a pyro can not quick switch and crit from behind 1 or other

Last edited by Tikcus,

hykleri

now i need that hat removel thingy. gief.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Wabbeh

GJ Valve, youve yet again managed to buff pyro….now not only does it have a superfast wep switch, but it can crit from behind AND airblast, but now the flare gun is ridiculously OP…

It doesn’t do more damage then the flamethrower, and the close range damage is more up to par with the shotgun now (the shotgun still has a higher rate of fire though) which was the point of this change I’d guess. The problem is mainly that its much more versatile then the shotgun now, so most of the time the flaregun will be the best option for loadouts.

Also, this change was in the tf2 beta for a long time and only 4 people from the comp community cared enough to give feedback. Not sure how you could blame valve for this one :P

Quoted from RaCio

[…]
Also, this change was in the tf2 beta for a long time and only 4 people from the comp community cared enough to give feedback. Not sure how you could blame valve for this one :P

The feedback on the official beta forums was for the vast majority negative as well, Valve just didn’t give a shit and put it in anyway.

hans

Quoted from hykleri

now i need that hat removal thingy. gief.

Last edited by hans,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from G-Mang

My HUD is patched, but I was unable to perform all of my normal tests because I couldn’t get in-game Steam Community connectivity working. If anything seems broken, please let me know.

Download: http://code.google.com/p/gmang-tf2hud/downloads/detail?name=gmanghudpublicbeta24.zip

You da man! Thanks!

When launching through the PLDX tool TF2 crashes on startup. I don’t even get to the console to try and play a demo. Everyone else got this?

Last edited by CUBE,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

The feedback on the official beta forums was for the vast majority negative as well, Valve just didn’t give a shit and put it in anyway.

The 4 posts were from the official competitive beta forums, and 2 of those posts were very positive. The other 2 were neutral / negative.The public section was also very positive.

What are you on about?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

What I think they need to add, is like, a manager / coach spectator mode (I hope this isn’t what they meant by the coaching system or i’d look dumb).

Basically what I’d like, is a spectator mode, that only allows you to spectate one team. This way you could even have a ‘manager’ join the server to call tactics, or organise the team, without being able to see what the enemy team is doing (first person view, only on team mates).

Other sports have sideline, real time coaches / managers. I think it would be interesting to see if it would work in TF2. It could benefit the game, to have a player be able to sit back, analyse the team play and make real time decisions based on what they see.

It also would make it harmless for a team to have some spectators come in and watch their PCW’s without the enemy thinking that they are ‘ghosting’ for them.

Some people like Slick, or Moose could greatly benefit from this. It would massively help mentoring projects, and high level players who don’t have the time to play the game no more might end up becoming part time managers for lower skilled teams, increasing the competition level.

Quoted from RaCio

[…]The 4 posts were from the official competitive beta forums, and 2 of those posts were very positive. The other 2 were neutral / negative.The public section was also pretty positive.

What are you on about?

All the pubber posts as well, not just the competitive side. Most of these changes weren’t regarded as good changes yet they still implemented them.

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from AcidReniX

What I think they need to add, is like, a manager / coach spectator mode (I hope this isn’t what they meant by the coaching system or i’d look dumb).

Basically what I’d like, is a spectator mode, that only allows you to spectate one team. This way you could even have a ‘manager’ join the server to call tactics, or organise the team, without being able to see what the enemy team is doing (first person view, only on team mates).

Other sports have sideline, real time coaches / managers. I think it would be interesting to see if it would work in TF2. It could benefit the game, to have a player be able to sit back, analyse the team play and make real time decisions based on what they see.

It also would make it harmless for a team to have some spectators come in and watch their PCW’s without the enemy thinking that they are ‘ghosting’ for them.

Some people like Slick, or Moose could greatly benefit from this. It would massively help mentoring projects, and high level players who don’t have the time to play the game no more might end up becoming part time managers for lower skilled teams, increasing the competition level.

Been wanting this myself for a long time. Doubt it’ll ever happen tho, but the idea is great!

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

All the pubber posts as well, not just the competitive side. Most of these changes weren’t regarded as good changes yet they still implemented them.

I just said in my previous post that the posts in the pub section were also postitive in vast majority (about 10 to 1 or more). And the point was that there were only 4 posts about it on the comp section, a lack of quantity.

And where did you get that “most” of the item tuning changes weren’t regarded as good changes? These changes include an Equalizer nerf, Mad milk nerf, Batallions Backup nerf and a Fists of steel nerf as well as tweaks for nocrits servers. Only about 2 of the changes were controversial.
Batallions backup is almost never used on pubs. It has the lowest equip rating of all secondary slot weapons for the soldier. The only reason valve changed it is because the competitive community thought it needed change. So please lets all drop the childish “valve doesn’t care” attitude, especially as we hardly gave feedback about these changes in the first place.

this sure is gonna mess some things up, but im really glad for most of these balance changes. the medic heal-per-second thing is pretty interesting as well, even though its not quite that necessary.

mrwhizz

OH MY LORDI!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »