Forum

Who would you say is the most influential person in competitive TF2?

Created 12th April 2011 @ 11:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Shintaz

ALX – he can make people rage JUST by switching class.
Arie – what swarlz said.
Fisshu – “this computer is FUCKING DUMB!”
JimmyBreeze – the man, the legend.
DJC – until he e-fell in love
The majority of Fleshlight – exceptions being flushy and sfynx. haaarrrrrr

If anyone says someone from a prem team who isn’t participating this season, you got the wrong answer. :(

they’re not the most influential people, they’re just your favourite,
jeez

basH.

hf

not mike

Wabbeh

Quoted from Shintaz

DJC – until he e-fell in love

What happened to DJC? :(

OT: Robin Walker: that guy could make comp tf2 a consistent LAN game, or fuck it up and create a horrible dribbling shitpile

Taoism

Quoted from Si^

Mixture of Torden, FB, Admirable, D2M, Racio and people who contributed to get the scene to where it is now.

+1

ashkan

Right now, Dreamhack staff (if you’re counting people who don’t even know what TF2 is).

RaCio is overrated, he just follows the wishes of the lobbyists who bribe him with unusuals, and he doesn’t listen to the other admins at all. So essentially, hats are more influential than people, but we already knew that.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ashkan

Right now, Dreamhack staff (if you’re counting people who don’t even know what TF2 is).

RaCio is overrated, he just follows the wishes of the lobbyists who bribe him with unusuals, and he doesn’t listen to the other admins at all. So essentially, hats are more influential than people, but we already knew that.

Few days ago, some feed-based newsbot on irc posted “community gathered 400,000 for japan”. An hour later it updated, saying “hats gathered 430,000 for japan”. Needless to say, hats > people.

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from Shintaz

ALX – he can make people rage JUST by switching class.

;)

Byte, Arie, Shintaz, Racio etc.

Last edited by Alx,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I don’t think there is anyone that truly stands out at the moment.
For a long time it was Dunc who was a driving force, but no one has really taken the baton since then.

Of course behind every figurehead there are an army of unsung heroes.
Shoutout to Amonsilas, DeNeusbeer & F2.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

By influential you mean pro-player who is influential to lower division and newer players that enjoy watching them play or do you mean people who do a lot of work around the scene?

Cos influential players for me = Byte (love him or hate him), Ups, Thy, Mafu, Shintaz, Flisko and Joske.

But the unsung hereos of EU TF2 scene are FB guys, especially Arie, the admins (well some of them) especially Racio and whoever is in charge of ESL, either Anakin or Wildcard. Comedian, Krimson, Pledge, ShoX and the rest of the TF2tv guys that do something (basically all of them except me) and continue to keep the project running. Torden for Vanilla, Admirable for Cadred…too many to list really.

If I had to choose someone overall combining the factors it would be Byte.

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

4 of those had a positive effect, 1 didn’t. Take your picks :P.

racio bad

caned

MEAT
LEGO

i think junde is pretty influential, competitive tf2 wouldn’t be the same without him

nvc

dignitas

Last edited by nvc,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from nvc

dignitas

cause that’s a person right.

edit: ur slow, Spike

Last edited by Waebi,

Spike Himself

TC