Forum

Medic: Pushing granary cp2

Created 6th April 2011 @ 14:42

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

This has been bugging me for a while; When you push to cp2, into the ‘house’, on granary (though I guess there are similar situations on other maps), how do you know when to uber?

The other day I was playing a pickup with mostly people in a higher div than myself. I ubered as my demo and solly got spammed in cp2. I was sitting only slightly into the door, so obviously I could not see what was going on behind the wall. I was asked why I ubered, as apparently there was no need to, and although I didn’t think there was a point answering (it wouldn’t have changed anything), I was left to wonder “erm arent you supposed to tell me how busy it is? I’m not psychic o.O”. But they were all players in a higher div than myself, so I assumed it was my fault.

The pickup is just an example; I’ve been in this situation almost every time we push to cp2, w/e team or pickup I was in.

So I guess my question is; are the others supposed to tell me I’m going to need uber, or am I being dumb and is there a way I should’ve been able to judge this?

dougiie

CotC

imo, you were correct to uber to save your players but Its almost a lose lose situation…

you let your players die because of the spam – “Omg why didnt you use the uber”
you uber and save your players but now need to build uber to push – “waste of uber, didnt need to use”

rtan

-9w-

imo you shouldnt be forced pushing into second 90% of the time, if they force with using their uber fair enough, but you’re in a far better position than they are

AnimaL

first of all: its a pug, only tryhards play it srs, so i wouldn’t expect “better player” to always have better calls and play at his best

imo its all down to how much you trust the pocket soldier or demo ur pushing in with

if you understand if he is pushing in or just spamming, you can do better judgment to whether u need to uber or not

and r7an has a point, in most case if ur pushing from right side, u will want to hold uber untill you see them uber and you uber to save ur pockets ass, and push them back

mindless rushing in with uber to force them is like 2008 gameplay

Last edited by AnimaL,

dauk

its demos and sollies fault if they god spammed at cp2

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AnimaL

first of all: its a pug, only tryhards play it srs, so i wouldn’t expect “better player” to always have better calls and play at his best

Quoted from Spike Himself

The pickup is just an example; I’ve been in this situation almost every time we push to cp2, w/e team or pickup I was in.

:)

Quoted from AnimaL

and r7an has a point, in most case if ur pushing from right side, u will want to hold uber untill you see them uber and you uber to save ur pockets ass, and push them back

mindless rushing in with uber to force them is like 2008 gameplay

Fair points I guess, but how do I know whether they ubered or not? I mean, usually I can hear it, but there’s a pretty good chance I can’t because of too much noise on mumble.. Obviously I don’t want to stand directly behind the point as I’ll just get forced (or drop uber in my case!)

antyjc

2ne1

there is no way you are going to get them to uber before you unless they let you waltz right in from the right side.

uber, push over the point, force theirs, send someone up top behind to distract, push back.

you are almost always going to have to uber before the defending team when you are attacking gran cp2.

call your teammates idiots if you uber and they dont push, call them idiots if they didnt call anything for you so you couldnt tell what was happening.

medfoo

trick17

“im not russian, i can´t look through walls.”
thats all you have to say in a situation like this.

ps: if they can´t even tell their medic whats going on around the corner, they aren´t worthy playing a higher div than yours.

Last edited by medfoo,

kos

ft.
bobs

Fair points I guess, but how do I know whether they ubered or not? I mean, usually I can hear it, but there’s a pretty good chance I can’t because of too much noise on mumble.. Obviously I don’t want to stand directly behind the point as I’ll just get forced (or drop uber in my case!)

If your team aren’t even calling that the enemy team has ubered then they are obviously to blame, you shouldn’t have to sense whether they have ubered or not, basic stuff like that should be clearly clarified by your teammates. Also, you know not knowing where their combo is shows either a lack of comms or you not listening and considering there are other basic communications issues then I think its most likely the former.

If there’s so much ‘noise’ on mumble, as well as the other issues, then your team really needs to sort out their comms. Tbh, you don’t really sound like you’re the one to blame in this situation so I wouldn’t worry about it, but if you’re main calling make sure comms stay clear and concise.

Dummy

Quoted from antyjc

there is no way you are going to get them to uber before you unless they let you waltz right in from the right side.

uber, push over the point, force theirs, send someone up top behind to distract, push back.

you are almost always going to have to uber before the defending team when you are attacking gran cp2.

call your teammates idiots if you uber and they dont push, call them idiots if they didnt call anything for you so you couldnt tell what was happening.

this
push in
go back
push in again
herpderp

Spike Himself

TC

I’m glad you agree with that, dummy ;)

Push garage.

Dummy

I’m glad you agree with that, dummy ;)

so theres no problem?

Wabbeh

Quoted from antyjc

Byte Style?

Also spike wtf admin? D:

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I really like pushing garage, but you can just go balls out, push inside from right yard, uber when your heavies are on the point and catch spam, and move forwards into the enemy while your scouts cap. So use the uber as a barrier for your scouts to cap. The enemy has to retreat onto last, with a huge chance of being badly positioned, giving you a good shot at capping last right away. If not, you end up with equal ubers again but you have CP4; gg.

And in your specific situation, wasn’t really your fault.. if the heavies got spammed to a low health value, and not communicating anything, you’d want to save those heavies from catching those lethal last shots obviously.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »