Forum

Mann Co. store selling $100, $20, $7 hats for Japan aid

Created 24th March 2011 @ 12:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Wiiking

Quoted from RaCio

I’ve said this last time, but any money that is beyond the estimate of what the red cross needs for a region (Japan and surrounding Islands in this case) goes to another charity goal (pakistan for example).

Quoted from Proker

Want to help? Buy, help people and get the hat. Is this bad?
“japan is one of the richest countrys”
This money is not for people. Only red cross can help them.

steve

Probably gonna upset some hippies here but whatever.

Quoted from Swarlz

100,000 people die each day in Africa, 15,000 dead in Japan is nothing. Sure it’s sad but on the grand scale of things its really nothing and deserves non of the media attention and massive donations they’re getting, I personally find it offensive that the media put so much attention on this when African nations are in a far worse situation. If you want to donate money anywhere send it to Africa, where people go through worse shit every single day.

No. Do you know how much money has been donated to Africa since even just 2000? Billions and billions and billions from a huge range of sources. Africa was the birthplace of the human race with some of the richest lands in the world and look how far they have progressed – not far. While it isn’t completely the fault of the people (money gets lost between corruption, conflicts and the rest of it), no amount of money can buy self-sufficiency and the knowledge the rest of the world created to develop itself. But hey, keep donating your 50p a month if it helps you sleep better at night.

Last edited by steve,

ashkan

Quoted from steve

[…]

No. Do you know how much money has been donated to Africa since even just 2000? Billions and billions and billions from a huge range of sources. Africa was the birthplace of the human race with some of the richest lands in the world and look how far they have progressed – not far. While it isn’t completely the fault of the people (money gets lost between corruption, conflicts and the rest of it), no amount of money can buy self-sufficiency and the knowledge the rest of the world created to develop itself. But hey, keep donating your 50p a month if it helps you sleep better at night.

Donating money isn’t a solution, but as long as it doesn’t damage the recipients (like donating clothes could), it does save a lot more lives than helping Japan rebuild their relatively rich country would.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

http://i54.tinypic.com/2s0bi38.jpg

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

japan is one of the richest countrys. send the money to haiti

QFT.

Both situations are shit, but Japan is actually more developed and well-off than a lot of first world european countries.

Quoted from steve

[…]

THIS IS THE INTERNET! HOW DARE YOU BE THE LOGICAL AND REASONED AND GO AGAINST THE CURRENT GROUP THINK.

What the majority of people fail to realise is that you can’t just throw money at things and expect them to work. As much as business people and “world leaders” think, it just doesn’t work like that.

Last edited by Skyride,

Waebi

‹Con›

I’d work if you threw monies at me :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3