Forum

Mann Co. store selling $100, $20, $7 hats for Japan aid

Created 24th March 2011 @ 12:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

And then no one cared.

kuma

Japan actually has a bad economy right now, though it’s still one of the richest in the world. And because it is a rich country, the damage done by the quake to infrastructure far exceeds that of Haiti in cost, meaning much more money is required to recover.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from dauk

[…]

yeah just gift wrap it and your OK

nah, they’re not giftable.

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Was it wrong to donate to America when it was hit by Hurricane Katrina? Let people donate to who they wish, nobody is forcing any of you to. Any person who needs help deserves help, no matter how rich the country they live in.

Uji

So what a few people are saying is that: Red Cross takes the money destined to Haiti and just hides it in the cookie jar while the same organisation(Red Cross) takes the money destined to Japan and use it in a very effiecent way ??

And btw Japan has always had a very high percentage of savings in relation to their BNP, probably the highest in the world.

kuma

Quoted from Uji

And btw Japan has always had a very high percentage of savings in relation to their BNP, probably the highest in the world.

Not sure where you got this from, source? And what is BNP? Do you mean GDP? Japan has had a very low (0%) interest rate for a long period of time, and particularly the fear of insolvent banks since the bubble burst puts saving rate on a steep decline.

Either way, private savings rate means nothing when the public debt is so high.

Last edited by kuma,

Swarlz

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Not sure where you got this from, source? And what is BNP? Do you mean GDP? Japan has had a very low (0%) interest rate for a long period of time, and particularly the fear of insolvent banks since the bubble burst puts saving rate on a steep decline.

Either way, private savings rate means nothing when the public debt is so high.

He might mean GNP.

Edit*

100,000 people die each day in Africa, 15,000 dead in Japan is nothing. Sure it’s sad but on the grand scale of things its really nothing and deserves non of the media attention and massive donations they’re getting, I personally find it offensive that the media put so much attention on this when African nations are in a far worse situation. If you want to donate money anywhere send it to Africa, where people go through worse shit every single day.

Last edited by Swarlz,

Stone.

Caiaté!

I have already give 10€ to “La Cruz Roja” in spain… so cant help valve too ( for sure they are getting a part from all that money)

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

He might mean GNP.

more likely gdp as this is what bnp translates to in swedish (country flag on his profile)

zeizZ

Steev

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

100,000 people die each day in Africa, 15,000 dead in Japan is nothing. Sure it’s sad but on the grand scale of things its really nothing and deserves non of the media attention and massive donations they’re getting, I personally find it offensive that the media put so much attention on this when African nations are in a far worse situation. If you want to donate money anywhere send it to Africa, where people go through worse shit every single day.

Quoted from @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

japan is one of the richest countrys. send the money to haiti

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Stone.

…so cant help valve too ( for sure they are getting a part from all that money)

For sure they’ll be going to jail for fraud then! That’s right, the whole of Valve in gaol! Think on that.

Uji

Yes i meant GDP. The figure wich was almost 25-30% i got from a lecture in uni. Japan had the highest percentage in the whole world. Not sure about the timeline though…

flushy

P.O.P

if you want to give money to charity give it to them direct… i really dont see what the problem is, it’s like inventing something that’s already been invented

Proker

nope.

Want to help? Buy, help people and get the hat. Is this bad?
“japan is one of the richest countrys”
This money is not for people. Only red cross can help them.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »