Forum

The Scenario

Created 22nd March 2011 @ 16:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

Darn

rockit like

Is the following: You are leading 1-0 and win the middlefight on say granary. 8min left and 1 billion dollars for the winner. Right, yet cowardly play here would be not to push, just turtle CP3 as it is easy to defend.

It is not very entertaining to spectate nor play. So the few decent solutions for this stalemate we had.

1. The team who holds CP3 will have their uber % slowly fade after few minutes if not used.

2. Roundtime to 3-5 minutes.

Obviously this is not really a problem yet, but I could see it becoming as one in the near future.

What problems you see with the solutions we came up or do you think the team holding the middle should turtle. Discuss please!

darkman

starlight

Quoted from Darn

2. Roundtime to 3-5 minutes.

Is good!

Mike

TEZC

Well personally I’d just jump through and kill about -3
and unban me from tf2.europe you queef

SfynX

T2P

Always wait for opening in the opposing teams attack, it also depends on the players you have and how confident they are in their positions. Id say turtle mainly but push if possible.

MEGAMIDDIE

I think the team who lost mid should be forced to attack.
No sense giving a disadvantage to the people holding mid, because that would be rewarding bad play. That’s never a good thing in my eyes, especially if there’s money at stake.

Round time would be a good idea, but it would take a lot of tweaking. With 5 minute rounds I’m not sure how a team is supposed to win a round. It would have to be a roll. I’m guessing the idea is the team holding the most points wins the round, but that just accentuates the problem even further.

Dummy

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

With 5 minute rounds I’m not sure how a team is supposed to win a round. It would have to be a roll.

logic
it is not present

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

I think the team who lost mid should be forced to attack.
No sense giving a disadvantage to the people holding mid, because that would be rewarding bad play. That’s never a good thing in my eyes, especially if there’s money at stake.

Round time would be a good idea, but it would take a lot of tweaking. With 5 minute rounds I’m not sure how a team is supposed to win a round. It would have to be a roll. I’m guessing the idea is the team holding the most points wins the round, but that just accentuates the problem even further.

Timer resets everytime you cap. The point being here is that TF2 would not be turtlehappy but actionpacked. I myself lean towards the fading uber because the timer set to certain minutes might favor the defending team to hold cp2 to get a new midfight.

ash

(Legend)
:D

I think (hope) he meant that those 3-5 minutes per round should be resetted with every cap, allowing dynamic yet long games of pushing and repushing.

Krimson

I think the turtling is fine, if you’re 1 – 0 down and you lost mid you deserve to have to push them when they’re in an easy position to defend. Then if you’re good you might win the push regardless and if you’re not then you deserve to lose anyway. So in answer to the question, you don’t need either of those changes.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I guess the problem with having the ‘3-5 minute round time’, would be that a team simply has to hold on for that time. There wouldn’t be so much motivation to push out if they lose middle. You may as well do a full on turtle with a couple of sentries, heavy etc.. and turtle it out for 3-5 mins until the round is reset.

That way your turtling is rewarded if you do it well, and you gain 1 or 2 capture points because of it (on round reset).

It might be interesting though, as it could turn the game into a push vs defend style game, and the attacker is decided by the mid-fight.

Not sure if it would be good though.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

I dont see a problem.

kuma

He means the clock at the top where the round ends in stalemate if a point is not captured in that time, currently set to 10 minutes. I don’t agree with making the round timer too short, as a team that loses mid could just wait it out and have another chance at the mid battle.

For the fading uber suggestion, I agree with Mould above as well, why punish the team that won mid? The team holding 2nd should be the one forced to push. Give the team with more cap points some kind of advantage the longer a stalemate occurs would be my initial thought.

Something like this might work:
After 3 minutes of no captures and if a player doesn’t die during that time, give the team that holds more cap points an automatic +1 capture speed on the next point. This can become unblockable after 5 minutes. This can force the losing team to be more aggressive and creative for picks which may open up an opportunity for a push. Could encourage more sniper and spy play which is always fun for spectators.

If the defenders turtle they need to keep someone on the point, an easy pick in most cases.

Last edited by kuma,

Angel

Chris suggested a few years ago: Medic which didn’t gave uber for 90 seconds is dying.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

I myself lean towards the fading uber because the timer set to certain minutes might favor the defending team to hold cp2 to get a new midfight.

Could you explain the fading uber suggestion ? Confused by this.

Tobyy

TEZC
Pixie <3

I need to get good at TF2 if I could win a billion dollars :I

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »