Forum

The Scenario

Created 22nd March 2011 @ 16:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

kuma

I would also like the losing team to get faster respawn times in 5cp, really promotes pushes like in koth. Make cap speed of mid closer to 2nd to help backcap situations as well. Just make it less punishing to push from a defender’s pov but give them an incentive to actually do it.

Last edited by kuma,

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Si^

[…]

Could you explain the fading uber suggestion ? Confused by this.

After certain time your uber percentage would start going backwards, if you hit it to 100% before that you still could use it even if you had 5% left. So it would force the attacking team to push or give the defending team a good chance to use an uber advantage.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Put 2 sentries on the crates @ mid, 1 pyro and just sit back and troll like fuck.

jgmaster

BM

Another solution could be uber gets automatically popped after a set period of 90 seconds or so. Might force pub medics to use their uber.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

you have 99% you stop healing, what now

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from baerbel

make uber percentage drain when you aren’t healing

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from baerbel

Thanks to a valve bug your soldier jumps in and dies :)

AnimaL

Quoted from jgmaster

[…]

Thanks to a valve bug your soldier jumps in and dies :)

they fixed that

Sketch

MM

Quoted from baerbel

this

erm i hate to say it, but don’t the Americans already have a solution to this?

i.e. first to 5 caps wins, or 2 cap advantage at end of game.
when us ppl play us they always say they are not used to having the clock played against them. there is probably a flaw in this but its less exaggerated than our current set-up, and i guess goes to some lengths of actually stopping turtling.

or we could invent a quidditch type rule. whereby the game cannot end until a scout captures the golden snitch. the scout that catches the snitch then will instantly be granted 150 cap points and his team will win. thus forcing teams to gain a 151 cap lead over the other team at all times to ensure victory

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from baerbel

Same applies, it´ll start eventually to fade.

Tikcus

Quoted from mvp.

I dont see a problem.

^this

In all sports if you are winning with x amounts of minutes left you turtle

if you are 1-0 up, or 2-1 up whatever, you win mid and there is 5 minutes left on the clock, it’s the defensive teams job to push, be it with standard classes, or by thinking outside the box maybe runnig a spy to get a pick on the medic or demo.

You can not punish a team that is winning because you lost mid, and don’t rate yourselves enough to push in and win it back

leave the uber alone, granted removing the uber from the game would speed it up (would also make an engineer more powerful)

Last edited by Tikcus,

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

make uber percentage drain when you aren’t healing

medic escapes fight on his own gaining 99% uber with his melee. his team spawns and he is now at 60 or 70%, a disadvantage despite his efforts? no thankyou

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

^this

In all sports if you are winning with x amounts of minutes left you turtle

if you are 1-0 up, or 2-1 up whatever, you win mid and there is 5 minutes left on the clock, it’s the defensive teams job to push, be it with standard classes, or by thinking outside the box maybe runnig a spy to get a pick on the medic or demo.

As it is by far the best play. All games from now on should be played like that, turtle mid everytime you have the lead?

Tikcus

Quoted from Darn

[…]

As it is by far the best play. All games from now on should be played like that, turtle mid everytime you have the lead?

Prefer to turtle point 4, it’s safer

Sketch

MM

ooooh oooh wait i got it!!!!!! i got it. aren’t there like 5 other classes that you can swap to to try and break up a turtle scenario?

i think i heard a friend mention one of them once. he can go invisible then stab ppl in the back and shit. that sounds pretty cool. and there’s this other guy that can set shit on fire and shit. and another guy who can take loads of damage and shit and has a fucking minigun like wot you get on a chopper! and there’s some lame ass aussi dude who chucks his wee on everyone. and if you blow your trumpet you can give all of them critz! AINT THAT SOME SHIT!

Last edited by Sketch,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »