Forum

Scout maincalling

Created 3rd March 2011 @ 20:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Waster

Calling is for the lazy people that cant spam tab and understand that +2 is push and -2 is fall back. If everybody understands this there isnt even a need for a main caller.

Ghent

Team

Quoted from captain bubblebeard

guess you better just fold then.

edit: I seem to remember reading on cadred that Greg maincalls for Infused. Would be interesting to hear his insight.

Boomeh maincalls, greg just has insane micboost.

hans

Why don’t you just try it out and see where it takes you? If it works out, great, if not, well, then you’ll have to look for a different solution. Don’t really see the point of making a forum thread about it, instead of just having the scout maincall for a while. Maybe then you can also share your insight on whether or not it works and why :)

Last edited by hans,

kuma

i usually call the pushes on whatever team i’m on, but positional calls should be done by a heavy/medic

Last edited by kuma,

hz

Scout has too much to do than maincall. I tried it but I was getting to a point where I was becoming a part of the combo too much.

Soldier combo is in the best position to main call for a team since they know the position of heavy classes and what not.

P.S; I have to do a lot of micro-management for my team as a medic. It can be hectic but worthwhile since they start adapting to it automatically later on. :P

Last edited by hz,

randa

Quoted from hz

Scout has too much to do than maincall. I tried it but I was getting to a point where I was becoming a part of the combo too much.

Soldier combo is in the best position to main call for a team since they know the position of heavy classes and what not.

P.S; I have to do a lot of micro-management for my team as a medic. It can be hectic but worthwhile since they start adapting to it automatically later on. :P

I prefer demo/medic calling

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

+1 on calling as demoman, as there’s loads of ammo to reload as demoman I hate it when people push when I’m still reloading my stickies -_-‘

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from hz

What is this micro-management you speak of? Main calling is something I’m really trying to improve, so I’m looking for all the tips I can get.

My team is very vocal and sometimes it works very well, but sometimes it’s difficult to make organised calls.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

+1 on calling as demoman, as there’s loads of ammo to reload as demoman I hate it when people push when I’m still reloading my stickies -_-‘

maybe your just a bad demo

hz

Quoted from randa

[…]

Any combo IMO will work as long as its a heavy class.

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

What is this micro-management you speak of? Main calling is something I’m really trying to improve, so I’m looking for all the tips I can get.

My team is very vocal and sometimes it works very well, but sometimes it’s difficult to make organised calls.

At lower-levels, you have to micro the positioning of the player. During pushes, you might have to do massive calling and try to put every class in a position. Its like playing starcraft 2. :P haha. Uber takes the Macro attribute.

minimoose

Medic/soldier main caller, medic/soldier secondary.

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from randa

[…]

And still you’re my bitch.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

The medic should maincall, with the pocket soldier being there to help clarify what the medic wants and to call if the medic is slow to react to something. It kinda works out this way naturally most times, unless the medic and pocket suck.

But like everything in this game, that’s not set in stone. It’s all about what works and who’s good at calling in your team.

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
gideon and volum = language barrier

Playing with people who arent fluent with your language enough to at least call sucks so hard :|

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

Playing with people who arent fluent with your language enough to at least call sucks so hard :|

why would u even want to be in a team with someone/people u can’t communicate with

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »