Forum

Scout maincalling

Created 3rd March 2011 @ 20:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Dummy

We have a big problem with finding a main-caller for our team now. Idc if this shouldn’t be brought out ot the public by the way EG lads, need a fix :P
anyway. we are having a problem with that, and we were thinking of having a scout maincalling.
the cons i can think of –
very far away from the main fighting area
pros –
if there’s noone else and the scout is experienced, then :w
on middle fights, if he stays defensive, he can have a nice view of mid, a bit like the meds perspective

Defur

so this is like a recruitment thread

or are you looking for advice?

Dummy

Advice, I want your genuine views on this people

rarecandy

I think compLexity had one of their scouts (carnage) maincalling when they we’re the top team in NA, so I suppose it can work quite well.

Wiiking

Or u just go and kill them.

All u imo need to have a main caller for is when to push as a team, the more calls the more the mess. Just say go left or do *premade tactic*. After that its all down to reacting and targetcalling, which everyone should be able to do.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

The scout has to be a lot better than the other options to really work imo. Depends on the map tho.

Dummy

Quoted from Rake

The scout has to be a lot better than the other options to really work imo. Depends on the map tho.

yea we have NO alternative to the scout calling.
gideon and volum = language barrier
im clueless, mortiii doesnt have the knack of it, fallen is too quiet

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I recommend one of you just starts doing it. That would prols work best, regardless of who it is. You’ll improve pretty fast aswell.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Wiiking

All u imo need to have a main caller for is when to push as a team, the more calls the more the mess. Just say go left or do *premade tactic*. After that its all down to reacting and targetcalling, which everyone should be able to do.

+1

One person calls the type of push and gives the go signal. After that its just improvising.

captain bubblebeard

guess you better just fold then.

edit: I seem to remember reading on cadred that Greg maincalls for Infused. Would be interesting to hear his insight.

Last edited by captain bubblebeard,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Wiiking

pretty much this. the main caller shouldn’t be telling everyone what to do, you should have set tactics that have room for adaptation to different situations, and roll with them. that way, everyone knows how to handle a situation, but they are also free to improvise based on it without being explicitly told to by the main caller.

randa

callings easy as fuck all you do is scream and rage ask anyone thats been in vye with me :D

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from captain bubblebeard

guess you better just fold then.

edit: I seem to remember reading on cadred that Greg maincalls for Infused. Would be interesting to hear his insight.

Greg calls alot but id say the main caller for infused is Boomeh.

Dummy

mhm
so the likes of having pre-set places to be and the maincaller just calls a tactic which was decided beforehand :W?

xzr

pocketsolly is the best for calling

we use scouts to call for where the soldiers should jump etc though

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »