Forum

Feb 25/2011 - Update + Blog Post

Created 25th February 2011 @ 01:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

M24_

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=5052&p=1 – Blog Post

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Fixed another server crash exploit caused by malformed network packets

Team Fortress 2
Added three new community maps:
Koth_Lakeside
PL_Frontier
PLR_Nightfall

Will

yay 3 more useless maps well done valve

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Just because they don’t cater to the minority of players does not mean that Valve is doing bad, they are still providing free content. We have plenty of good customs maps to play.

M24_

Quoted from Will

yay 3 more useless maps well done valve

have you played them yet? I’m sure that the 2 payload maps will be fun to play public, and I know that Koth is very popular in NA (and has a large base of support in europe), maybe the new koth map will alleviate some of the problems (snipers) from viaduct.

edit: +1 to crashsite. whether we like it or not we are a small minority of tf2 players, not every release will be badlands.

people also bitch about a lack of maps and fail to playtest the custom ones!!!

Last edited by M24_,

Spira

I like these maps. frontier is quite fun.

Will

Just because I play comp doesnt mean I think soley about comp, im not closed minded, just dont like payload except badwater and personally never enjoyed koth (i played the new ones breifly and hated them) and now because they are new every server will be playing them or introduce them into their rotations which means more time i have to spend looking for a new server playing a good map.

Edit: for the its free stop complaining ppl which will and have probably chimed in, free does not = good, free = random crap ppl are forced to like because its free and its forced upon us since we cant play the game pre-update.

Last edited by Will,

AnimaL

Quoted from M24_

[…] and I know that Koth is very popular in NA

no its not

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from M24_

maybe the new koth map will alleviate some of the problems (snipers) from viaduct

It doesn’t.

Spira

Actually I changed my mind. Frontier is very bad, so many tight spaces and dead ends.

electro

Got Milk?

Quoted from Will

Edit: for the its free stop complaining ppl which will and have probably chimed in, free does not = good, free = random crap ppl are forced to like because its free and its forced upon us since we cant play the game pre-update.

yes i want random dmg and weapon spread back

ps. whitelist is your friend

everything this new updates bring can be disabled, stop complaining
start enjoying

M24_

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]no its not

thats news to me, a Canadian. I guess we hate koth so much we put two seperate koth maps in ESEA last season. the 0 times a koth map has been in a league in Europe led me to believe that koth was ‘very popular’ compared to the EU scene.

viaduct has also been in the ESEA lan mappool since its inception.

RaCio

GoT²

Wheres gullywash? :(

pykow

valve has to release
Gullywash
Obscure (newest one)
turbine PRO

dougiie

CotC

koth map looks nice!

Nigh