Forum

I cant help to have the feeling that my sens is too high

Created 31st December 2010 @ 20:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »

Decoy

Soo, im playing scout, i consider myself as an okay scout i guess but there’s a feeling bothering me that i have a too high sens to get any better. From watching fragmovies and demos it seems that the high div scout players all have really low sens, no twiching in their aim wheres my crosshair seems to be flying allover the place. Now i know that for some part it is a matter of preference but too high or too low senses can also be bad to getting better if im making any sense.

My current settings are :
Default windows sens, dont even know if that even matters
2000 dpi
2.0 ingame sens

I also have all the accelerations and stuff turned off and use raw mouse input

Any help, tips, suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by Decoy,

Phrozen

?

http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm

Put in your dpi,
Put in your ingame sens,
leave m_yaw alone
and put your windows multiplier in (found in control panel>mouse>pointer options first box in that tab there is a bar with 11 options. use the right side of the sens calculator to find what each one equals to)
click update and then post your sense here in inches/360 and cm/360

Decoy

inch/360 2.7
cm/360 6.9

Phrozen

?

The average soldier “sweet spot” is between 7 to 12 inches per 360. 2.7 inches is unbelievably high. I would suggest taking it in two steps. 8.2 inch/360 should be fine, your decision tho. If I were to change to 8.2 inches I would do it in two steps. Doing it all at once can be too hard to adjust to.

You should just use a sensitivity you feel comfortable with.

I use 1500 dpi and 1.2 in game sens and it feels nice for me. Don’t need to wank the mouse too much. I’ve been lowering it step by step lately because I feel that since I have this mousemat I could use all of it.

6.6 Centimeters Per 360 according to the website.

Last edited by Tommy Testosterone,

Phrozen

?

Of course you shouldn’t stay with a sensitivity you’re not comfortable with.

Decoy

Quoted from Phrozen

The average soldier “sweet spot” is between 7 to 12 inches per 360. 2.7 inches is unbelievably high. I would suggest taking it in two steps. 8.2 inch/360 should be fine, your decision tho. If I were to change to 8.2 inches I would do it in two steps. Doing it all at once can be too hard to adjust to.

wow, well, tried setting my sens to 8 inches/360 aand well, it takes 2 shole sweeps over the whole mousepad to do a 360 and i have the biggest goliathus razer mouspad, is that normal?

Phrozen

?

erm no that’s not normal, 8 inches exactly is 20.32 cm. anyway the most you will have to do in a game is a 180.

Last edited by Phrozen,

nvc

# 1800dpi deathadder @ 1000hz and drivers installed with default settings
# Default windows mouse settings (6/11, enhanced pointer precision off)

1.1595 in game = 19.9cm/7.8in per 360 according to: http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm

I aim fine, but use whatever you want

Last edited by nvc,

Decoy

DPi 2000
windows multiplier 1
ingame sens 1

apparently its 8.2 inches/360 so thats 20.8 cm but my goliathus should be 44cm wide but i cant do a 360 in one sweep soo, soething might be wrong,in game it seems like i can do a 300 degree turn and my m_yaw is 0.022 (default)

Last edited by Decoy,

Phrozen

?

what kind of surface is your mouse mat on, make sure you’re not lifting it up while moving across because if it’s optical it won;t read and therefore won;t move. Also make sure you’re moving from one side to the other, if you move from the middle to a side that’s only 22cm’s + the fact that to get the actual laser to the edge the mouse would be half hanging off so take another 4 or so cm off, that would be 18 cm from the middle, jsut a few thoughts to consider.

Decoy

Quoted from Phrozen

what kind of surface is your mouse mat on, make sure you’re not lifting it up while moving across because if it’s optical it won;t read and therefore won;t move. Also make sure you’re moving from one side to the other, if you move from the middle to a side that’s only 22cm’s + the fact that to get the actual laser to the edge the mouse would be half hanging off so take another 4 or so cm off, that would be 18 cm from the middle, jsut a few thoughts to consider.

well, http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Razer/Goliathus/2.html is as much as i can give i guess, and yes im moving from one side to the other, also the mouse is a Logitech G9x if it makes any difference.

nvc

double

Last edited by nvc,

nvc

Quoted from Decoy

[…]

well, http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Razer/Goliathus/2.html is as much as i can give i guess, and yes im moving from one side to the other, also the mouse is a Logitech G9x if it makes any difference.

just enable raw mouse input in tf2 settings

Decoy

Quoted from nvc

[…]

just enable raw mouse input in tf2 settings

well, if you read my 1st post through you see that i mentioned that i allready have raw mouse input turned on

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »