Forum

TF2 Update 18/12 HELLO VANILLA FANS!

Created 18th December 2010 @ 02:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

Black_Bob

[DA]

Run two seprate leagues one for the ultra compeative vanilla + unlocks and one for the lower divs/not so serious who are up for using unlocks.

Vanilla + Medlocks will be 90% of the community but ive got to admit I do enjoy playing aginst teams who use the more unusal items, it would also allow new pub teams a chance to enter into a closer to pub enviroment where everything gos.

My poor equaliser dosent want to be put to rest :(

Orchid

|=3

Fuck Sake Valve!

Tikcus

Quoted from Black_Bob

Run two seprate leagues one for the ultra compeative vanilla + unlocks and one for the lower divs/not so serious who are up for using unlocks.

Vanilla + Medlocks will be 90% of the community but ive got to admit I do enjoy playing aginst teams who use the more unusal items, it would also allow new pub teams a chance to enter into a closer to pub enviroment where everything gos.

My poor equaliser dosent want to be put to rest :(

+1 to two leagues

although i think you find most teams will enter both and it’s probably closer to 30% of people want v+medic but they shout louder

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

I’d imagen that division 4+ would probably come to terms with vanilla +medlocks, or atleast division 2+

Mark

Phase

I love how the attitude is to ban unlocks which were deemed as fine before and most people used (e.g. bonk, razorback, equalizer, axtinguisher etc) now Valve have added a couple more weapons.

RaCio

GoT²

Splitting the community between allow all and ban all is just silly. Do you really think the community only exists out of those 2 extremes?

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Quoted from Mark

I love how the attitude is to ban unlocks which were deemed as fine before and most people used (e.g. bonk, razorback, equalizer, axtinguisher etc) now Valve have added a couple more weapons.

I used to love some of the unlocks, like the Equalizer which is a huge asset to the Soldier.

Thing is, it’s just getting ridiculous now and just taking all unlocks away would be my choice if I could choose between that and having all unlocks. Individually discussing each of these weapons to decide if we’ll allow them or not will be a boring, annoying conversation that goes on forever because people have different thoughts about them,

Not only that, but it would make us 100% need a whitelist for games, because I can’t remember which weapons are banned out of the huge amount that is currently in the game. Not a problem to memorize the ones from your main class, but offclassing becomes a pain in the ass that way, as you’re never sure if what you want to use is allowed or not.

Tikcus

Quoted from RaCio

Splitting the community between allow all and ban all is just silly. Do you really think the community only exists out of those 2 extremes?

clearly not, 10-30% believe in the v+medic extreme

probably 10-30% believe in the allow all extreme

however there is probably 30-50% that are quite happy for every unlock to be assessed and allowed when it is deemed suitable, the problem with this option is who decides the suitability? the handful of admins, a pointless open vote that allows everyone to have their say (knowing that soldiers will want to ban all none soldier items, scouts ban all none scout items etc)? or a vote 1 clan 1 vote system, or like i’ve said previously a panel made up of ~30 people from all divisions to discuss the unlocks in a calm civilised manor (pricks that just want the title need not apply, there is no title)

Last edited by Tikcus,

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Quoted from Tikcus

or like i’ve said previously a panel made up of ~30 people from all divisions to discuss the unlocks in a calm civilised manor (pricks that just want the title need not apply, there is no title)

I do quite like this idea.

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Black_Bob

Idiotic idea, more idiotic than banning uber. It would give a fucking smug boost and split community in half. Imagine a vanilla player telling a with-unlocks player how nooby he is JUST because he is choosing to use weapons that are in-game and available to everyone.

Current system is good and will work as long as etf2l admins will work along with community members to determine how exactly a weapon could affect our precious 6v6 gameplay (that is why polycount weapons are still banned). It is all about feedback. Suggesting splitting 6v6 at etf2l into 2 leagues is dumb and would not benefit expanding the community

Martn

I dont need 30 elitist dorks to tell me that meat +gru = op.

Krisu

Vanilla + med + bonk + equ. Words of this div6 shitnoob.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Lynn

[…]
I used to love some of the unlocks, like the Equalizer which is a huge asset to the Soldier.

Thing is, it’s just getting ridiculous now and just taking all unlocks away would be my choice if I could choose between that and having all unlocks.

what. You don’t have to choose between all or none. It’s not a binary decision.

Just ban the new unlocks. It’s not rocket science. If you can’t remember which unlock is which and you need a whitelist, then you probably should play competitive pong instead.

Last edited by Mark,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from RaCio

Probably not but it’s better than having a thread about some unlock that needs (un)banning every other day (implying nobody is ever happy with whatever decision is made regarding unlocks).

Also +1 vanilla.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Quoted from Mark

[…]

what. You don’t have to choose between all or none. It’s not a binary decision.

Just ban the new unlocks. It’s not rocket science. If you can’t remember which unlock is which and you need a whitelist, then you probably should play competitive pong instead.

No, you indeed don’t HAVE to choose between all or none, but either of those would be the easiest solution at this point. Just banning everything new without any thought just because they’re new wouldn’t be a very fair way of doing things. Hell, the only reason Polycount weapons are currently banned, is because the update came right at the start of the season and they couldn’t possibly discuss all of the new items in time.

Also, I can’t even remember the names of most of these new weapons … I even have trouble remembering some of the new Polycount pack ones still. If you’re been gifted with a great memory that can remember all these things then good for you! But don’t assume people that can’t do so right off the bat are retards. Thank you. :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »