Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

m-ex

v. existence

Quoted from octochris

best way to do it:

no uber
no kritz
utility limit 1

uber was like for destroying sentries, but )) if there wouldn’t be any uber, than there should be no sentries… even 1… as if other team will play in normal Heavy, it’ll be quite impossible to get 2nd or last point….

If you pick one detail from the game, you ruin all game

Last edited by m-ex,

RaCio

GoT²

Ubers break stalemates, they good

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from RaCio

Ubers break stalemates, they good

Ubers cause stalemates, they bad

Baros^

HARDSTOMP
BLLB

ban medic

octochris

(0v0)

i must say i don’t get the whining about “sentry will be OP”, any semi-competent demo should be able to take out a sentry without uber

gibix

iH

if you want a game with brainless shooting, go play counter-strike or UT or quake live.

im playing tf2 now for 5 months, and i find it fun to see a medic dropping uber at the right time. The uber is a part of tf2 that makes it intresting, the awesome shouting an chanting if you kill the medic before he can drop the uber, your medic that drops the uber at the right time so you can steamroll your way to last cp. If you didnt had uber in the game it would be a dull game to play.

so less QQ and more UBER PEW PEW

Last edited by gibix,

Mike

TEZC

you seemed to have given this a lack of thought chris, you can keep changing the rules to make no uber/kritz work, without changing quite a lot

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Removing uber from the game would promote defensive play too much. Between dealing with sticky traps, walking through spam and desperately trying to focus down sentries and heavies, being agressive just comes at too high a cost that would degrade the game into endless stalemates where teams sit on their defensive advantage while they wait for a pick. Removing uber from the game essentially ends up making the problem that it’s trying to solve bigger.

It is kind of map-dependant though. I could see myself playing badlands without ubers and having a lot of fun with that, but maps like freight and granary would just become impossible to push on.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Mike

you seemed to have given this a lack of thought chris, you can keep changing the rules to make no uber/kritz work, without changing quite a lot

everyone agrees double heavy is fucking boring

so remove it

)))

keep on unicyclin’

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

everyone agrees double heavy is fucking boring

so remove it

)))

keep on unicyclin’

rofl your trousers must be rags if you haven’t got new material yet…
even 1 heavy 1 sentry would be really hard to defeat, as that guy said above
more uber pew pew

gibix

iH

ow and about the fast pace game, you could still have stalemates on mid, if your team shoots just as hard as the enemy does, if you want te make it a fast pace game, remove the respawning as well

Last edited by gibix,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Mike

even 1 heavy 1 sentry would be really hard to defeat

come on now mike, haven’t you played in a team competent enough yet to make you realise this isn’t the case?

Vali

-9w-

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1634702

octochris

(0v0)

To be honest, after reading some replies in this thread it does seem like the better option would be a variant on the existing uber mechanic.

Would like to try what Vali suggested.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Ubers cause stalemates, they bad

If both teams have full uber then uber can’t break a stalemate untill one team gets a pick or triggers a medic. That doesn’t mean they have caused said stalemate. As long as there are choke and defending teams you will need the uber simply because you can’t run trough a defended choke without losing a player.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »