Forum

What would a TF2 Promod have?

Created 1st October 2010 @ 21:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

I liked the bit where people entirely ignored my second post on the first page. :D

It would be 100% server-side, you don’t really need client plugins for this kind of thing. It’d actually be easier to write a new game entirely from scratch based on TF2 that it would be to make clients to handle this kind of thing.

bice

You’d be better off spending your time writing something else tbh.

randa

Quoted from bice

You’d be better off spending your time writing something else tbh.

not really.

Ripple

Quoted from JackieBoy

If the “promod” would be a server pluging.

Remove:
– Hats
– Unlock weapons (Vanilla + OLD Medic unlocks)

Add:
– Some kind of /admin command like in sourcemod(so that it would really be a server plugin ahahah)

If people start changing the gameplay by buffing sollys etc…. TF2 IS DEAD

no.

but i agree with removing hats, it’s fucking important for keeping tf2 alive. i can only repeat as it is, leave balancing to people who know what they’re doing and you’re not the ones who know it, me neither – but if you enable your brains you will find out that there’s a counter-tactic for everything and you will stop whining. Like this, granlands will become even more boring. gg lads

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Promod is a waste of time. Contact Valve and they put in the cvars you want.

herpderp

DAKKA

I don’t really see the point in blocking hats. They have no impact on the actual gameplay at all. Sure they might add some FPS, but if your PC is struggling to keep a playable FPS even when running an FPS config then maybe it’s time you look into upgrading?

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from herpderp

I don’t really see the point in blocking hats. They have no impact on the actual gameplay at all. Sure they might add some FPS, but if your PC is struggling to keep a playable FPS even when running an FPS config then maybe it’s time you look into upgrading?

Not sure if it ties in to this; but aren’t the hats (at least some) considered parts of these sets providing bonuses, such as the extra life for the scout?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from MR JOHNSON

[…]

Not sure if it ties in to this; but aren’t the hats (at least some) considered parts of these sets providing bonuses, such as the extra life for the scout?

Yes they are. However as an example, if you ban either Mad Milk or The Shortstop (or both) then the set bonus can’t be achieved at all.

For the sets to grant their respective bonus to the wearer it is required that all items in the set are worn, so banning 1 item from the set means the bonus can’t be achieved. Which means the hats are in effect harmless (the hats themselves have no stats).

Last edited by herpderp,

Skyride

DUCS

Could I just point out yet again that my plugin would not block particular weapons, just make it trivially simple to enforce a particular ruleset? (I.e. ETF2L weapon unlock rules enforced by the server by just doing 1 rcon command)

So please stop arguing about it here, I can’t be fucked. Go take it to #etf2l.

I’m saying now I can modify pretty much anything about the actual gameplay (within reason of course) and people are just complaining about hats…

tf2 is dead

seriously, nobody has any constructive ideas AT ALL on how to improve this game? Fucking bunch of whiners honestly….

Last edited by Skyride,

KOVACS

Haven’t bothered to read this thread because it’s no doubt a waste of time. All I’ll say is there is absolutely NO NEED for a promod in TF2.

If people are willing to take the steps required to introduce a promod then surely the community also has the capacity to moderate itself regarding rulesets, weapon restrictions etc.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Skyride

I’m saying now I can modify pretty much anything about the actual gameplay (within reason of course) and people are just complaining about hats…

Does the gameplay actually require modifying? Taking all the weapon unlocks of out of the picture I can’t really think of a gameplay element that requires changing for it to be more balanced than it already is. Then again I am in no way pretending to be an expert on TF2’s balance so my opinion probably doesn’t hold much weight there :P

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from herpderp

Does the gameplay actually require modifying? Taking all the weapon unlocks of out of the picture I can’t really think of a gameplay element that requires changing for it to be more balanced than it already is.

I really have no idea, hence why I made this thread to ask if anyone had any thoughts on it. To be fair, I was expecting pages of dumb ideas, but really, there hasn’t been a single post as yet that amounts to “try modifying ‘this’ so it works like ‘that'”, just fucking whinge about weapons that nobody will use anyway and hats.

Last edited by Skyride,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

I really have no idea, hence why I made this thread to ask if anyone had any thoughts on it. To be fair, I was expecting pages of dumb ideas, but really, there hasn’t been a single post as yet that amounts to “try modifying ‘this’ so it works like ‘that'”, just fucking whinge about weapons that nobody will use anyway and hats.

Actually I can think of one thing, not sure if it’s actually needed but it has always bothered me when it happend in game.

The way explosions behave when you hit certain lips and they don’t do any damage at all to anyone standing even near the lip (there’s a lip on badlands last where this is easily demonstrated).

1:31 @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0io_hgZUkcE perfectly describes what I meant to say really.

I have no idea how difficult or easy it might be to modify this, but thats one, all be it small, gameplay issue I would like to see discussed. (If it’s not needed just ignore this and I’ll put on my dunce cap :B)

Last edited by herpderp,

Skyride

DUCS

Ye unfortunately I know that couldn’t be changed. I know exactly the bug you mean and its to do with the how explosions actually work in the core the source engine. :(

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Skyride

Ye unfortunately I know that couldn’t be changed. I know exactly the bug you mean and its to do with the how explosions actually work in the core the source engine. :(

Herp, well thats all I could think off that I found affecting gameplay in a negative way.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »