Forum

What would a TF2 Promod have?

Created 1st October 2010 @ 21:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Modified movement physics, higher speed, strafe boosting, faster weapon switching and I’m happy.
Seriously mate, changing the mechanics itself makes no sense at all, that’s the unique part of TF2. If you want anything changed, you may as well change the game.

* new netcode.
* slight modifications for classes’ stats, for example making heavy viable as pocket on most maps, while making both two different tactics with their own (dis)advantages.
* yet again modifications to unlocks, making them straight counters for some and easily countered by some (Heavy example here is retarded as you need a team to focus on him to eliminate him. That might be very easy and I can be a moron now, please enlighten me then, yet I’ve rarely managed to pull this off in pcws/mixes).
* picking up/dropping items? (ammo packs for solly etc)
* new spectator mode of course (with overview and stuff).
* I’d TOTALLY love horizontal scoreboard, just like players’ icons in spectator hud. But that’s just my dream (i.e. either that or names listed horizontally instead of vertically).
* I’d also remove hit direction pointers when you are hit, they are kinda distracting at moments.

Yeah, that’s from me.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from freshmeatt

Modified movement physics, higher speed, strafe boosting, faster weapon switching and I’m happy.

I don’t really see how these would improve the game that much. Sure they add several layers of skill that will make it harder for people to get into competitive (and seeing as competitive TF2 is still in it’s toddler years do you really want to make it harder for people to get into the scene?).

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

I don’t really see how these would improve the game that much. Sure they add several layers of skill that will make it harder for people to get into competitive (and seeing as competitive TF2 is still in it’s toddler years do you really want to make it harder for people to get into the scene?).

Sarcasm mate, people thinking about these basically want to see CPMA implemented in TF2.

Spike Himself

TC

Why not use a non steam tf2 that dates back to whenever everyone was still happy, and then run cracked servers so you can play there?
..apart from it being illegal..

Or just keep whining every time something in the world changes. Whatever floats your boat :D

Last edited by Spike Himself,

nath

[Ω]

I don’t know what of this that’s doable, but here’s my list:

All unlocks available for all players.
A possibility to block certain unlocks via commands, to for example have in the etf2l cfg unlock_ban_sandman according to what items are currently banned.
Hats and non weapon items removed (for better fps, no megahat for sniper to cover his head etc etc).
Screenshots and all stats for all players saved on the server.

My hope is that all of these wont be needed in a promod, but instead will be done when we’re in Tournament Mode, since every server owner will have to install that mod, which will be very difficult. That goes especially for point 1, which is by far the most important.

franco

fixed client rates (or at least stricter ones).

Psyche

The only thing truly hurting gameplay besides the damn explosion bugs are retarded unlocks running around.

Although that could easily by fixed if the community wasn’t full of damn hippies defending pub-made unlocks for the competitive scene.

Hum, I guess a plugin to enforce the rule set would be nice (even though I disagree with the current one). Having hats removed would be good too actually, some hats just fuck up he hitboxes, head-wise (towering pillar of hats…ehem).
Does anyone actually LOOK at the hit-markers?

Last edited by Psyche,

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from franco

+1

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from franco

can be done easily through svars, etf2l could do it in their configs easily, but have chosen not to.

Last edited by octochris,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Psyche

Having hats removed would be good too actually, some hats just fuck up he hitboxes, head-wise (towering pillar of hats…ehem).

Eh, wut?

Mads2

eureka

I have one request that could just apply to fixed damagespread in general, fixed 100damage on direct pipes thx. also a viewable respawn timer on your teammates when you are alive.

kaidus

WiK?

Tbh the most important things a promod could do would be for the purposes of stat tracking and spectating.

Also what do you mean by enforcing rulesets through one line in console? How is this different from execing configs? (I’m not saying it’s not, I’m saying I don’t know shit about it and am interested.)

Also yea fixed damage on nades would be really nice. Atm it sometimes takes 2, sometimes 3 to kill a soldier on full hp. It a very irritating inconsistancy and one that I don’t think exists in another class to the same degree.

Last edited by kaidus,

karit

Quoted from Psyche

The only thing truly hurting gameplay besides the damn explosion bugs are retarded unlocks running around.

Although that could easily by fixed if the community wasn’t full of damn hippies defending pub-made unlocks for the competitive scene.

Hum, I guess a plugin to enforce the rule set would be nice (even though I disagree with the current one). Having hats removed would be good too actually, some hats just fuck up he hitboxes, head-wise (towering pillar of hats…ehem).

I completely agree with psyche here, plugin or cfg would be great

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from karit

[…]

I completely agree with psyche here, plugin or cfg would be great

is mYm behind you on this?

Cure

LSD//
Lohysi

Well, all you do is discuss-and that change? Is there someone who can create ProMode?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »