Forum

Team Fortress 2 Update 30/9

Created 30th September 2010 @ 19:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 22 Next »

Wuff

Usual Item/Update rant.

When do you fucktards finally get that it doesn’t change anything at the moment?
But oh no the flaming is so much fun.

george

Quoted from Brutallus

TF2 is not dead at all. This update doesn’t hurt any single competitive player, the update was designed for public play and people who just play this game for fun. The weapons suck so hard we wouldn’t even use them in 6V6. So tbh, no reason to complain, good job on the update.

+1

bnncc

Quoted from Atkins

Yeah boy after 2 years of playing I finally get a soldier hat! This update is amazing, I don’t understand why everyone is taking this Childs cartoon game soo seriously lol.

P.s would you like some cheese with that whine…

its not about the cartoon its about the gameplay if u not take it serious why u play competive then ?

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from kyynel

soo.. whers all the medic weapons.

:D

byte

“Hi I’ll follow the crowd and join the OMG VALVE KILLED TF2 band wagon”…OR NOT.

First of all get some perspective people, if YOU had designed these new weapons and took alot of time to try and “sell” it, wouldn’t you want some of the time you put in back? Sure you can get maybe 10-100 people out of the entire TF2 world saying “wow well done” but does that justify it? Hell no, if Valve came up to you and said “we’ll give you 25% profit everytime your item(s) are sold” would you reject the offer? 99% of you would not.

Why?

Because you know you put aside some time to do this and try and achieve something, the initial goal was to make something new and be proud that its being used by the public and people enjoying it, the bonus is getting money out of the time you spent on it…

I see absolutely no problem in Valve charging for these items BECAUSE you are not forced to buy them? You can craft them? You can even get them on random drops (which is what happened to me last night I got two of them :D).
So what’s the problem? Is it purely because “OMG PAYMENT FOR SOMETHING I ALREADY PAID WOW MONEY CORPORATION GRABBING C*NTS?”

Get a clue first and then talk, as someone else has mentioned in this thread, a business needs money to run, regardless of what ANYONE says here, the amount of time valve have spent on TF2 is way beyond anything currently being sold /made by valve).

Like I said as long as you can craft them for free – which you can.
Get them randomly also – which you can
Get them by trading – which you can
Or if you are an impatient sod and want them “NOW” you can pay.

Too many tards unable to realize, that when people put in their own time for something they should get something back for it. What’s that? Just because other games don’t do that, then it’s wrong? How about you (you being to all those who are on the band wagon) do something for the game and lets see how you feel once you’ve put in a mammoth amount of effort in it.

That’s one side to the update…

The 2nd side to the update is the future of 6vs6 with all these new weapons. I’m pretty sure that the majority of division 1, are all “vanilla + medic unlocks”, frankly I can’t blame them as with all these new weapons its like TF2 but WoW style which is fail. I’d love to see some of the new items used in div 1 but the amount of things that are just fail out weigh the amount of things that could be useful.

Is a shame because I’m all for the unlocks, but now there is just too many to distinguish what to use/allow and what not. I’m sure that in terms of a competitive view/professional players that there are some items that add no value to the 6vs6 game and will cause more disruption than enhancement in terms of game play.

Eventually “I” hope Valve just create server variables to restrict whatever items not being allowed on the server.

tf_weapons_milkman ‘0’
tf_weapons_directhit ‘0’

and so on..

Eventually there will be a

tf_weapons_vanilla ‘1’ :p

Anyway as a public player mainly am loving the unlocks :D.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

Quoted from bnncc

[…]

its not about the cartoon its about the gameplay if u not take it serious why u play competive then ?

I do take it seriously I just don’t see the point of getting your knickers in a twist because you can’t have it your way. Everyone here will agree that nearly all of the new weapons will be banned but not Everyone has to say it..

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Wot bite sed…

I’m more annoyed with the quality of the new weapons, being a pubber the snipers stuff is a bit to op for me, no headshots and extra health is just real lame now.

Valve should make tf2 lite!

ashkan

Amen, byte.

Hiper

-YSND-

Im just dissapointed with Valve,the store prices are just hilarous.Remember this? –> http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/ov_micro.php

Well,now look at this —> http://box.jisko.net/i/fa608a.bmp

Before the shop were open i could think about buying something (Byte is right about helping the developers),but after looking at the prices i just think they were drunk or something while planning this.

I don´t care much because this isn´t supposed to affect competitive players but i just feel sad because i never thought that a company like valve would do something like this.

Last edited by Hiper,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I am not going to jump into the swamp that is this thread, but I did have one question, Robin said that you would not need to buy items to remain competive, but surely the polycount hats are part of the item sets that give a buff and as it is very hard to find or craft a specific hat like that is much easier to buy it than to rely on the chance find for craft of the hat. All teh other polycount items can be crafted from existing items so they are not an issue.

hans

Quoted from byte

if YOU had designed these new weapons and took alot of time to try and “sell” it, wouldn’t you want some of the time you put in back? Sure you can get maybe 10-100 people out of the entire TF2 world saying “wow well done” but does that justify it? Hell no, if Valve came up to you and said “we’ll give you 25% profit everytime your item(s) are sold” would you reject the offer? 99% of you would not.

“We’ll give you 25% profit and in return most of you will have to face a tax return from hell from now on.” Really, I wonder how that’s gonna work, unless all of the item makers are freelancers. Yay for finally giving people the money they deserved, nay for doing it in such a retarded fashion.

kuma

quit tf2

take up a mw2 gaming career

kuma

actually this game is the new hardcore comp cartoon fps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQx2lEqUxYk&feature=related

emvl anyone?

Last edited by kuma,

rottencat

PLM

Everone needs to stand back for a second and acctauly LOOK at the stats. Nothing is game breaking at the moment and it will likely stay that way. These hat bonuses simply take a fun new set of items and make them slightly more fun for a bit of cash thrown valves way.

I dont really see a problem with any of this except maybe the scout set bonus, the short stop is to good to be given a random 25 extra health to go with it. Infact I see the reload time being nurfed soon.

So lets take a look then:

The sniper: who cares, he still takes normal damage when you shoot him in the head (you can still one shot him with a charged shot), its not like it goes to zero. He cant even head shot you back at all anyways.

Soldier:, big whoop it now takes less then 1 whole second longer to be killed by a sentry. Its only really ok for corner shooting sentrys; plus you loose your shotty (a very good thing when you only have 3 rockets).

The pyro: heavy will still meses you up, but faster now, soilder can stil bounce your ♥♥♥ so meh. no one with it has been any better at killing anyone as far as I have seen.

The spy: Its not really that good at all, infact its bad. A slightly quite cloak, but you can’t disguise at will and your revolver blows chunks. Default spy is better in most situations.

the scout: The only one I have a slight beef with. Scout does not need more health when he has the equivalent of a fast reload scatter gun.

In conclusion all but one of these so called advantages are sub par, and inferior to the standard load-out. Even when it comes to the scout health boost, a scout with a pistol has far more damage output becasue he can switch instead of reload.

Everyone seem to be forgetting you dont get the bonus from wearing the hat by its self, you are forced to use one sub par load out, no mix and match.

Non of these are OP at all really, so what if some guy with a credit card can have his small disadvantage shifted one rung up into a tiny one. Its nothing, get over it.

Originally posted by theallmightybob

RaCio

GoT²

How is the items not being good an excuse for them being absurdly exclusive?

There are far better post on the steamforums you could have quoted.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 22 Next »