Forum

[Feedback] Experimental Ordnance Cup - Unlocks Discussion

Created 15th September 2010 @ 22:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Tyranno

sf.
sf.

neither GRU nor Madmilk seemed OP to me, we rolled with Buffbanner/GRU-Heavy/Madmilk and it seemed like a logical thing to do.
BB, as was already mentioned, can be really slow and thus have less of an impact – also I’d personally prefer the shotty, but that’s just my opinion. Still, in some situations it proved itself worthy of being a team support item.

GRU-Heavy is as quick and nimble when moving to the front as I figured it’d be, it’s a good alternative for the pocket soldier if he’s up to the task. :)

Mad Milk didn’t have much of an impact imo, I didn’t get milked once and the (in comparison to Jarate) lesser visual effect makes a milked target not stand out as much and become a focus of fire as quick.

I would’ve loved to see more Scouts alting as Degreaser Pyros, that could’ve shaken things up a bit. :D

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

GRU is will certainly add a new dynamic to gameplay but also it does encourage bit more defensive play running a permant heavy. Despite that, as someone pointed out, there are counters for Heavy like Sniper or Mad Milk or good old fashioned teamwork to bring him down. I am not against GRU, just having it might encourage teams to go double heavy a lot, even when they aren’t turtling last > whether this has a negative affect on the game is another thing. Heavy/GRU limit 1 is a possiblity.

Pyro in theory shouldn’t have much afect on gameplay but when we ran one it usually worked, perhaps because of our opponents lack of being able to counter it rather than the new innovation of the class.

Vita Saw > Only once did our medic drop uber near 100% and I saw the 20% appear on his death cam. Only advantage to it really is if your medic dies so near uber or on uber he gets a consolation prize of 20% back, which isn’t much considering advantage has shifted still in the opponents favour. Still see no reason to not allow it.

Battalions Backup/ Buff Banner > interesting. Some say it is OP but in my books it is encouraging bit more tactical play, like sacrificing your shotgun for this weapon is a huge disavantage in a lot of situations. IF you know an enemy soldier is spamming rockets to build his banner then it will encourage you to avoid tem more or be more aggressive focus firing him, not giving him enough time to get the banner up or switch and use it. I am not sure of the maths of both weapons, it alludes me but I don’t know if I can decide taking a certain percentage of damage away for the battalions backup is OP or not. I can see frustration as a soldier uses it when pushing last…but for Buff Banner which encourages more aggressive teamplay > I think it should be allowed and the price of a shotgun can be huge.

Milk – Not a fan of Leeching weapons like the Milk or black box, I want to see them banned myself simply cos the principle of leeching I don’t like but there is merit in what other people argue. Also Black Box losing a rocket can make it an inferior weapon to normal RJ when you have those fights going down to the last rocket. For Milk – I did laugh as our scout shouted “I MILKED THEM GET IN” every 20 seconds and also 2 or 3 occaisions that reminded me of watching public scouts throwing milk at you first as you just 2/3 shot them down and laugh.

Quoted from Mark

[…]

This. I’m a bit worried how no one is realising how big of an impact the milk creates.

I’m not saying it’s not OP or whatever (75% hp leech still seems way too much); I just didnt notice any impact of it in the 3 games I played. :)

Last edited by Pynklùùùnningen,

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from RaCio

Also, overpowered might be a wrong wording for the GRU. I think the stats are definately way over the top though. Even with demo speed people would still massively use it. The buffs it got after tf2beta seem really unneccesary.

To be clear, this is not and should not be a discussion about weapon bans. Just about the weapons and how they would impact the game.

Which one ?
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/513/gloves1.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7131/gloves2.jpg
this looks just like the new GRU
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/108/gloves3.jpg

I don’t think GRU is overpovered but it certainly is an upgrade to the rest of the HWG meele weapons. On mid you are like 200hp (?) and only need to throw the sandwich to heal yourself. Drain rate could be higher to balance it with KGB and Fist – but I don’t think anyone is going to use KGB/Fist instead of GRU anyway. Damage penalty is not a big deal as noone will use heavy melee in 6v6 afterall.
I think some ppl will use HWG as a full time class – it’s quite easy to use and would allow new players to get into 6v6 easier as it is strong class and require less aiming.

Last edited by Mors Immortalis,

Grammer

Veg

Well, vita-saw is a really effective unlock and in my opinion, it really needs to be allowed as it’s not op. Minus 10 hp is a problem for medic. GRU heavy is a nice gameplay change and also not as op,because a GRU heavy would have ~130 hp in the middle of granary without medic healing him. New buff banner is not so interesting in my opinion, as like black box is. I didn’t like the shortstop,but maybe it’s just me. It can’t 2shot though, so it’s not that op. Madmilk is a nice weapon, but we badly need to train to play with it. We didn’t use pyro or spy unlocks, but I think spy unlocks are okay. Don’t think pyro’s are, they seem op to me

DRookie

guru-JB
,(s),

Quoted from Grammer

…,because a GRU heavy would have ~130 hp in the middle of granary without medic healing him…..

With sandwich he would be full at the middle.

Grammer

Veg

Quoted from DRookie

[…]

With sandwich he would be full at the middle.

But he will lose the sandvich and won’t be able to fight for some time

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Grammer

[…]
But he will lose the sandvich and won’t be able to fight for some time

How do you figure that? He can drop it and eat it in no time at all…

Grammer

Veg

But he will need to choose sandvich,drop it,eat, and just then he can actually fight

ash

(Legend)
:D

Example Gran: Run via Ramproom into middle, you should be around 150hp there, drop sandvich before you drop under 150hp, eat sandvich, get small med pack, be at full health and have a sandwich — profit?

Koala

Sandman

A little useful in middle, just throw the ball on enemy team, if you’ll hit demo, heavy or something like that you’ll gain a bit advantage for your team. In other situations is pretty useless. Also makes your hp lower.

Pro: If you’ll hit demo on middle or heavy, you’ll get a bit advantage to your team.
Contra: Didn’t notice any special but in generally you get advantage of him.

Pain Train

For solly it’s a bit overpowered, it won’t affect your dieing so much but you’ll feel how points are capping much faster..For demo it could be allowed, as it gets scouts’ primary target even easier to pick..

Pro: You can become best friend to your scouts, be the one who stays last on point with scouts.
Contra: Nothing much, sometimes you can die from scouts attempting a backup.

The Direct Hit

Pretty useful to neutralize aggressive sollys and enemy scouts. Killing scout with 1 rocket, a bit wrong I think. However, it’s pretty useless in long range and close range battles. But on mid range battles it’s working quite good.

Pro: Neutralize enemy scouts so they even don’t get close to your team. Neutralize jumping soldiers/demo.
Contra: Can easy be picked up in short range battle by scouts or long range battle by demo.

Huntsman

Pretty useless for higher skilled players. Might be useful for lower skilled players, at least to do some damage and maybe protect yourself from a scout or somethin.

Pro: Nothing much, sometimes can do a little spam..
Contra: Much, much easier to own in longer range battle by any class.

Crit-a-Cola

Pretty useless. You can try to kill enemy medic with it but mostly you’ll get owned by enemy team or even they’r medic. If enemy team is not watching flanks at all, then you might use it..

Pro: After your team is backing up, hide somewhere, wait for chance, kill enemy medic/demo.
Contra: Enemy team sticking together will own you easy.

Mad Milk

Too overpowered. On middle, just throw it on enemy team and you have unbeatable advantage. Also almost unbeatable 1vs1 fight with milk.

Pro: Throw on as much guys as possible in every situation and your team will gain big advantage.
Contra: Nothing much if scout already has thrown your team milk.

Vita Saw

Nothing special. In generally, you want to uber instead of dieing. Not overpowered at all I think..Also eating a lot of spam could be the reason of dieing.

Pro: Nothing I’ve noticed.
Contra: You’ll die more in every situation.

Gunslinger

Not quite useful, mostly it will get owned by enemy sollys/demo. But sometime it comes very handy defending last point if both teams don’t have many players up.

Pro: Defending last point from scout or two.
Contra: If someone calls it, very easy to destroy by soldier or demoman.

Gloves of Running Urgently

Overpowered. Gives quite big adavantage to team in middle. I think heavy is quite powerful class even without theese gloves. With GRU he’s too good.. You saw what happened in high bracket final..

Pro: You can get big advantage for your team, as you’ll be on middle as fast as they but thanks to your hp you’ll get spam advantage for your team, also you can push faster to points with whole team. Game is getting faster with these gloves..
Contra: Didn’t notice any.

Gunboats

Wouldn’t like to see in next season.. Oh come on, this is not Star Wars, sollys with those gunboats really remind me Star Wars. He always have enough hp to jump on you, jump away.

Pro: You can help your team a lot with spamming medic etc, gaining a big advantage, also you’re able to retreat.
Contra: Often owned by The Direct Hit wearing sollys, heavy.

Last edited by Koala,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Grammer

But he will need to choose sandvich,drop it,eat, and just then he can actually fight

that takes about 0.25 seconds

Grammer

Veg

Quoted from octochris

[…]

that takes about 0.25 seconds

Well, let me explain my idea. You can’t actually eat a sandvich(throw it) in the open area, when you can be spammed. So you need to eat a sandvich, then change to minigun, press m2, go to the open area and start killing. But anyway, the main disadvantage of GRU heavy is that you don’t have a second soldier imo.
P.S. wanna have a sealand passport=)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6