Forum

[Feedback] Experimental Ordnance Cup - Unlocks Discussion

Created 15th September 2010 @ 22:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from DRookie

as long as both teams can use it

That’s not really a justification for anything unlock related (since you can trade etc so I’m assuming anyone can have access to everything now). The milk would mean a scout could hit the enemy medic with milk and if he hits the first and second shots well, even if the soldier gets the first hit, it’d be impossible to protect your medic.

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from octochris

GRU isn’t OP, it just requires different methods to get rid of the heavy. People seem to have a habit of calling anything they haven’t worked out any tactics for OP…

Tikcus

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

The milk would mean a scout could hit the enemy medic with milk and if he hits the first and second shots well, even if the soldier gets the first hit, it’d be impossible to protect your medic.

This is a terrible example and flawed in so many ways!

1, Assuming the scout has flanked, why would he give up his advantage and alert the medic he is there, by throwing milk first?

2, Assuming he approaches the fight on 125 hp (by the time he flanked any buff would have disappeared), his first shot would created no regen of health, so if a soldier can not react between the Mad Milk hitting the medic and the first shot being fired, The Soldier is SHIT and the medic deservers to die, and would have died anyway, as a Scout could have easily two shoted the medic in the same time it took to throw the milk (the milk land) and fire the first shot.

Whether the Mad milk is OP or not, judging by the comments in here it really hasn’t made any effect and needs further testing.

It is not the benefit to the Scout that needs testing it is the benefit to the team, as anyone who does the damage regens the health not just the scout.

I’d like to see/hear how the milk is used/was used, as teams pushed through choke points, from a defensive and offensive view whether it helped pushes, helped defences, or whether no one but me thought about using it in this way.

Next cup not on a Wed please

Last edited by Tikcus,

Throw milk on enemy, Demo skips forward trololololing and spamming stickies (this is the main problem as I see it). That would be particularly bad on badlands mid. Also in mid-long range 1v1s it gives the scout a huge advantage.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

using the mad milk against a 450 hp heavy is extremely effective. your whole team can regen of him and get an easy kill in the process. 75% of 450 healing your team by 340 hp. awesome!

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

This is a terrible example and flawed in so many ways!

1, Assuming the scout has flanked, why would he give up his advantage and alert the medic he is there, by throwing milk first?

2, Assuming he approaches the fight on 125 hp (by the time he flanked any buff would have disappeared), his first shot would created no regen of health, so if a soldier can not react between the Mad Milk hitting the medic and the first shot being fired, The Soldier is SHIT and the medic deservers to die, and would have died anyway, as a Scout could have easily two shoted the medic in the same time it took to throw the milk (the milk land) and fire the first shot.

Eh, the milk has airtime and less visual indicators, making the fact that you have to switch back to your scattergun irrelevant. Also, the “he deserves to die” is getting a bit of a fallacy. You are correct that the actual effects ingame do not seem that much, but I can see mad milk getting pretty much mandatory for both scouts and on every midfight. Hence why I’d say 75% life leech might be a bit to much. Not because the effects are gamebreaking, but because it’s way to strong compared to all other 3 scout secondary unlocks (who were pretty much sidegrades).

Also, overpowered might be a wrong wording for the GRU. I think the stats are definately way over the top though. Even with demo speed people would still massively use it. The buffs it got after tf2beta seem really unneccesary.

To be clear, this is not and should not be a discussion about weapon bans. Just about the weapons and how they would impact the game.

Defur

-admin edit: spamming a quote does not make it true, try adding your own opinion or don’t post-

Tikcus

Quoted from RaCio

[…]
Eh, the milk has airtime and less visual indicators, making the fact that you have to switch back to your scattergun irrelevant. Also, the “he deserves to die” is getting a bit of a fallacy. You are correct that the actual effects ingame do not seem that much

Also, overpowered might be a wrong wording for the GRU.

To be clear, this is not and should not be a discussion about weapon bans.

So discuss the other half of my post then. .. about using it to push/defend

I didn’t mention anything about switching back to Scatter gun, the fact that the scout DOES not REGEN anything till the 2nd shot, and probably has to land that flying in the AIR as a Soldier will have sent him their after first Scatter gun shot.

I wrote deserves to die, as he would have died anyway…

I really don’t think that was a fallacy, as for that medic not to die, the Scout would have needed to fire 3 or more shots without the mad milk. For the Scout to survive with the mad milk requires a Bad/unlucky soldier, as we are assuming he (the scout) is firing more than 2 shots or the mad milk is irrelevant as regen doesn’t take place till 2nd shot

*snip* relevant damage information that no one cares about *snip*

You can replay this in many different ways but for mad milk to be useful for a flanking scout to kill a medic The Soldiers need to miss a lot of their shots

For information

For a scout to regen 77 HP (the most possible from 1 shot) he needs to do 103 damage and be on less than 48 HP before the shot was fired he can not regen if he is on 125 HP, and can not over heal himself from using the milk

Getting back on topic, did anyone use the milk to aid a push or defence? did it make a difference?

Last edited by Tikcus,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Defur

-admin edit: spamming a quote does not make it true, try adding your own opinion or don’t post-

What? People have only been doing this since the beginning of the internet.. It is to imply one agrees with the quote in question.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from octochris

GRU isn’t OP, it just requires different methods to get rid of the heavy. People seem to have a habit of calling anything they haven’t worked out any tactics for OP…

Saying that it requires different methods implies that there’s some sort of downside to the GRU to take advantage of. There’s not a different method to taking down an equalising soldier, it just makes him able to escape a variety of situations that he’d be dead in otherwise. Also “get rid of” doesn’t take into account the out-of-combat mobility buff which is pretty significant, not only for midfights but the general presence of the heavy throughout.

The traditional method (save for class switching) has always been to focus fire the heavy, I fail to see how you could do anything more than that (that people don’t already do as alternative methods) or how the GRU has any impact other than letting the heavy escape that situation much easier.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]
Getting back on topic, did anyone use the milk to aid a push or defence? did it make a difference?

In the games I specced every team used it, but it did not have the impact of a uber or full buff banner.

Tikcus

Quoted from octochris

I propose without the GRU the heavy is underpowered (in normal 6v6)

I’ve decided to categorise underpowered as any classes you won’t/don’t normally run to mid fight

Just because the GRU introduces a 5th class to mid fights doesn’t make it over powered

RaCio

GoT²

Heavy was already effectively used on 4 out of 6 maps (Gully, gravelpit, freight and obscure). Definitely not underpowered, although it did kind of need the GRU (old version).

To move away from the overpowered debate (as even the definition of overpowered itself varies a lot between people). Do you agree that the tf2beta GRU would have been a better weapon?

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

oh no! tikcus is on the subject of unlocks… keep clear!

Draco

SnB

Quoted from RaCio

Heavy was already effectively used on 4 out of 6 maps (Gully, gravelpit, freight and obscure). Definitely not underpowered, although it did kind of need the GRU (old version).

To move away from the overpowered debate (as even the definition of overpowered itself varies a lot between people). Do you agree that the tf2beta GRU would have been a better weapon?

What exactly were the beta stats on the GRU if I may ask?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »