Forum

[Feedback] Experimental Ordnance Cup - Unlocks Discussion

Created 15th September 2010 @ 22:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

DRookie

guru-JB
,(s),

Our team used : Heavy with GRU, Mad Milk, Buff Banner and Vitasaw.

Heavy with GRU seems like a workable replacment for a scout, but imo is no fun to play with or against it, in short, it’s lame. Cl 1 on heavy would be a step in a better direction.

Buff Banner seems to give an advantage to the team that already has the upper hand.

Vitasaw could prove to be a nice addition, it is definitely worth considering.

Can’t say much about mad milk.

P.S.
FAN sucks

atomic-

Realy very good cup to test new weapons,how do they work,also we got alot of fun during the game,so we would play cup like this every week!

Our team tried running the Buff Banner and Battalion’s Backup quite a bit. They didn’t really seem to affect gameplay much because of the length of time it took to charge them up. You can easily have an uber ready in the same amount of time it takes to charge one of these, and they aren’t all that useful when pushing into another team who has uber. The theory was it’d help to break stalemates on granary, but I don’t think the situation ever really arose.

As far as GRU heavy goes, our team really didn’t have a proper strategy. I still think that in most situations, a heavy is only truly useful when used in place of a soldier, rather than in place of a scout (which is what we tried to do tonight because our soldiers wanted to play around with other unlocks). The heavy needs his buff more than any other class and definitely needs to stay to a pocket role to be of any use. When we’ve run a pocket heavy with GRU in PCWs on gullywash in the past, it’s worked quite well though.

Mad Milk – Not really sure if this is overpowered or not, but at some points tonight it was “push, got milk on all of ’em”.

Vita-Saw – Not a fan of this. I was running it tonight and it made absolutely no difference to the game apart from me having 10 less health, as every other team was using it as well. Would rather just use ubersaw – don’t see the point in this weapon. When you die as a medic with some charge built up, your team is at a disadvantage, and vitasaw doesn’t change that. It might give you a slight advantage if both medics go down, but so does switching to Kritzkrieg. The vitasaw doesn’t feel like it adds anything to the game, while ubersaw rewards skillful play and risk-taking.

NoWhereMan

DMS:H

Milk is overpowered.
GRU makes the Heavy fast and a useable class.
Buff and Batalion = useless most of the time
Vitasaw is only on defense/death good but -10hp can be dangerous.(I have a bug that i have without vitasaw uber after death <_< real strange)
AND Never ever allow the SS or do you want to be compared with old Germany ;)

What to say:

Mad Milk: Ban
GRU: Allowed(1heavy only)
SS: Ban
Sets: Ban

hz

GRU + Vitasaw + Kritz = OP!

Ghostface

spire

Well, ima be quick about this:

Mad Milk: pretty meh. didn’t unbalance a lot, was rather useless actually.
Banner/Backup: worthless. the ammount of time it takes to charge one is too long, and there’s always the chance of dying. if you do get a charge though, it helps.
GRU: Heavy arriving on mid at the same time as other classes is gay. Just my 2 cents, but his name is “heavy” for a reason. Not gonna say anything about wether they should be banned or not.
Shortstop: gay. good in 1v1 scouts but otherwise gay. kinda like the fan.
Gunboats: definately worth it. adds a lot of versatility.
Pain Train: cool story bro.
Degreaser: only Op if the pyro’s next to you. otherwise useless.
Powerjack: OP shit. especially with the degreaser.
Vita-Saw: really good, adds a second chance to the team who loses mid and the medic. makes the other team work for the win.

Everything else isn’t worth mentioning. They’re THAT bad. Also, set hats should be banned for ever.

eXtreaL

We used a GRU heavy, milk scout and vita/kritz medic. We should’ve used GRU heavy, kritz medic and buff banner, but hey everyone showing up 5 minutes before the start of the first match right guys??!!

I didn’t really like this setting of competitive TF2, it’s roll or get rolled > unbalanced.

Mad Milk: Didnt seem to have any (big) impact at all
Vita: Very useful, but not OP, imo. Gives a second chance when ur med/team goes down on mid and makes the game less roll or be rolled sometimes. Pretty beastly with kritz.
GRU Heavy: I liked it a lot, but i’m not sure how it compares to the regular setup as we only had games with hoovies.

On a side note; MOAR CUPS. Best 3 games me and my team ever had :3

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

Mad Milk: Didnt seem to have any (big) impact at all

FlagZero

guru
G-Yoda

GRU Heavy changes the opening mid battle , makes it hard to pickoff the medic behind his heavy ass. I think he slows down the pace of the fight/game.

octochris

(0v0)

GRU isn’t OP, it just requires different methods to get rid of the heavy. People seem to have a habit of calling anything they haven’t worked out any tactics for OP…

Mark

Phase

Quoted from octochris

[…]

This. I’m a bit worried how no one is realising how big of an impact the milk creates.

hz

Quoted from Mark

[…]

This. I’m a bit worried how no one is realising how big of an impact the milk creates.

Well, it is OP and not suited for comp play at all. Mad milk is a pain.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Mark

[…]

As soon as any scout with good aim uses it, it makes them almost impossible to kill 1v1 without a huge stroke of luck. +75hp on a meatshot is… mad.

DRookie

guru-JB
,(s),

No weapon/tactics should be baned just for feeling op, as long as both teams can use it.

Allowing GRU doesn’t seem to be a good move for competitive TF2, the reasons for it being similar to those for banning FAN, TDH, sandman, wrangler….

Vita-saw and mad milk need more testing.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »