Forum

Oh TPlay, oh boomeh..

Created 14th September 2010 @ 09:10

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »

FlagZero

guru
G-Yoda

LoL

spaming the walls at 2:45 and 3:19, must be that experienced soly predicton…

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from WildCard

[…]

Some times its best to not say anything at all if you dont know the rigth answer :P

http://vanillatf2.org/2010/08/to-censore-or-not-to-censore-part-3/ was done over a month ago racio himself read and replied to it (surely he woudl then of looked into it)

Also sure there was a fair few etf2l admins at i40 who saw boomeh there playing for twistedplay ( or who ever they are).

And finally http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/120659/

Now if everyone else is aware that its him, I rearly do fail to see why admin’s are not.

“Everyone knows it’s him” is not proof. I’ve seen no ip logs, no confirmation, no actual evidence that TMN was Boomeh. I agree entirely that the circumstances surrounding the TMN appearance and removal from from Twisted Play’s lineup is very suspicious, but we don’t ban people on suspicion. Boomeh played in i40 under his Boomeh name (and account I assume?). He is still currently banned on ETF2L and will miss out on Season 9.

If you or Joske or anyone else can show me or anyone else on the admin team some evidence in private, then I will make sure the case is looked at again.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from SnowiE

“Everyone knows it’s him” is not proof. I’ve seen no ip logs, no confirmation, no actual evidence that TMN was Boomeh. I agree entirely that the circumstances surrounding the TMN appearance and removal from from Twisted Play’s lineup is very suspicious, but we don’t ban people on suspicion. Boomeh played in i40 under his Boomeh name (and account I assume?). He is still currently banned on ETF2L and will miss out on Season 9.

If you or Joske or anyone else can show me or anyone else on the admin team some evidence in private, then I will make sure the case is looked at again.

Sorry but when was the onus on the community to provide evidence that cheaters weren’t returning to the leagues under secondary accounts? Surely this should be something that the admins work on and investigate when suspicions arise?

Anathema

I have to agree with Vali on this one.
It’s your job to find out exactly who the tmn guy is, not the community’s.

DRookie

guru-JB
,(s),

Maybe the first course of action would be asking TMN if he was Boomeh, he beeing a nice guy, would probably end up telling the truth.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from WildCard

[…]

Some times its best to not say anything at all if you dont know the rigth answer :P

http://vanillatf2.org/2010/08/to-censore-or-not-to-censore-part-3/ was done over a month ago racio himself read and replied to it (surely he woudl then of looked into it)

And finally http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/120659/

Now if everyone else is aware that its him, I rearly do fail to see why admin’s are not.

Please read Snowie’s post correctly it talks about conclusive evidence, vanillatf2 only stated the accounts were related. None of the posts give anything beyond circumstancial evidence. While they are an incentive for us to investigate it (putting it on a huge pile with other work) they can not be the base of a ban.

The highlander tournament with about 1000 teams to check, seed and assign in the etf2l system, preparations for season 8, sponsorship, league and rule updates, staff additions and the various improvements in AC that are needed do cost us an absurd load of time. So if any of you have conclusive evidence I really start to doubt why I should bother doing any work for you if you don’t even have any intention of simply sending one email or pm.

Cheers.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Vali

[…]

Sorry but when was the onus on the community to provide evidence that cheaters weren’t returning to the leagues under secondary accounts? Surely this should be something that the admins work on and investigate when suspicions arise?

I have already looked at the evidence that is available to me and am satisfied that I cannot currently prove that boomeh returned under a secondary account, as I’m sure other admins did when this was first discussed. WildCard and Joske have made a new accusation that will require proof, the same way any other accusation of cheating or rule breaking will require proof from the accuser.

ShoX

Sir
dp.

Quoted from Anathema

I have to agree with Vali on this one.
It’s your job to find out exactly who the tmn guy is, not the community’s.

If you want to play in a cheat free league everyone has to play a part.

Cheez

Like others, 3:35 is the bit for me. There is no way anyone could have called them there and even if they did nobody pulls off a snapping flick shot towards a stickytrap on the other side of the wall. Also the bit that makes me laugh about 5:15 is how he is completely ignoring the garage, well the bit which is visable to the rest of us but keeps the scouts in his view (walls for the rest of us). Why would you not watch the entrance you are standing right next to? If this is some div 1 tactic i’m not aware of then I stand corrected.

Typh0n

AUTOBOTS

lol

Last edited by Typh0n,

WildCard

Quoted from RaCio

[…]
The highlander tournament with about 1000 teams to check, seed and assign in the etf2l system, preparations for season 8, sponsorship, league and rule updates, staff additions and the various improvements in AC that are needed do cost us an absurd load of time. So if any of you have conclusive evidence I really start to doubt why I should bother doing any work for you if you don’t even have any intention of simply sending one email or pm.

Cheers.

Great and tbh i dont rearly care, you signed up to be etf2l admin as did everyone else on the staff list, your not the only one here who has alot to do but if you want to get into a pissing contest then that can be arranged, since im rarther busy myself with tf2mentor and all the above you mentioned over at esl (which ill add is much harder with its current reputation among tf2 playerss), unlike yourself there is only a very small staff at both but i dont moan about it. (until now :P)

It’s been made quite clear to etf2l staff on numerous occassions with regards to boomeh and if noone here is willing to spend there time on it then just lol…dont see why i should waste my time since would seem obvious noone is rearly interested if you havent allready took the initiative to investigate it.

Edit: forgot to add

Cheers ;)

Last edited by WildCard,

ShoX

Sir
dp.

… and if ETF2L cut the league down to 40 teams (a number they could manage given the level of service you’re suggesting) there’d be uproar.

Last edited by ShoX,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I feel like I should speak up for both sides at this point. For the admins, who give up their free time and give a lot to the community and I can understand the pressure of the highlander and I am grateful, last time I didn’t speak up, like many and D2M resigned. They have a lot to do atm and they might have realtive more important thing to do, so they would like teh community to help if they can.

But on the other side I can see the frustation of the players, who view the system as both inefficent and possibly bias. It would be nice if both sides could work together and make the whole process quicker.

I can’t really comment on the video as I wouldn’t know how much my opinion is swayed by everyone else and the presentation of the video, but for what it is worth there are moments of conention.

Last edited by CrashSite,

Deux

After 05:22 he isnt even looking a the corner!!! He stands there like, yeah I dont need to check the corner, I dont care if scouts catch me with my back turned :)

Last edited by Deux,

dannye

cb.

Sadly we don’t have any good league in Europe.
ETF2L ban politics are so Quoted from WildCard

one rule for one.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »