Forum

Improve the spectator mode

Created 3rd September 2010 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Dummy

Quoted from skinnie

just a somewhat related question:

does everyone have the same problem since the last update that when u spectate a sniper you can’t see him zooming anymore? (same when watching demos)

aye

Dummy

Quoted from Azdean

I don’t see what the fuss is about.

This isn’t CSS where the enemy team run off all over the map and kill things this is TF2 where the bulk of the enemy team will ALWAYS be on the choke and the scouts will ALWAYS be on the flanks.

Why the hell would we need some shitty map overview when it’s 1000% obvious where everyone will be?
Casting would see 0 improvement from this because we all know where the players are and if there going to do something new then caster’s just need to look at the flanks.

And I know it sounds like I’m only talking about badlands but every single TF2 map is built with choke’s and flanks.
It’s not hard to find the action on TF2 like it is on CSS because the action is centred around the points and there entrance’s.

+1 to dotfloat, total BS. the i40 final casting would’ve improved a LOT if they all knew where everyone was. there were SO many times darn or cube jumped the medic out of nowhere, and the casters were on it 1,2 seconds too late, with some rare exceptions. with an overview it would’ve been obvious that e.g a red soldier’s going to jump soon or attack
also just to satisfy my curiosity i’ve watched a match in cs (1.6) between that there. Na’vi was their name and SK gaming or someone else in a final in… dallas i think? the arbalet dallas cup. and they almost always went in 3-2 or rarer 2-2-1 groups
might’ve just been them damn ruskies fussing it up though

Quoted from Flack

Allways great too see when the soldiers and the demoman makes sweet airshots and i would honestly like to see that on the way it is now, it would make no since wachting it from a overview-.-

FYI, cs allows you to either have a full sized overview, or a radar that shows everything in the top right.

Quoted from M24_

only problem with this is that valve probably won’t do it for custom maps.

Of course they won’t, which means that every custom map maker must create his/her own overview.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from dotfloat™

Alrighty

I decided to spare you fine gentlemen from watching my horrible youtube video where I explain just how wrong you are, and instead I’ll keep things plain and simple.

Example in counter strike source (the new version), on de_dust2.
I’ve got HDR on, 0x AA, 1920×1080 res.
de_dust2 overview texture
de_dust2_radar overview texture
de_dust2 cl_leveloverview 5 (the number means how far the camera is zoomed out)

Double doors with cl_leveloverview 0 (first-person)
Double doors with cl_leveloverview 2

Also, note that if you try to use overview on a custom map it doesn’t work.

PS: don’t get me wrong, I would love to see this feature in tf2, I’m just trying to explain why valve won’t do it.

what
All I said was that they use cl_leveloverview to take screenshots. So thanks for confirming my post?

edit: misread your second post; anyway point still stands. Valve already have overview screenshots of all their maps, and they only take about 30 seconds to produce.

Last edited by Mark,

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from dotfloat™

Alrighty

I decided to spare you fine gentlemen from watching my horrible youtube video where I explain just how wrong you are, and instead I’ll keep things plain and simple.

Example in counter strike source (the new version), on de_dust2.
I’ve got HDR on, 0x AA, 1920×1080 res.
de_dust2 overview texture
de_dust2_radar overview texture
de_dust2 cl_leveloverview 5 (the number means how far the camera is zoomed out)

Double doors with cl_leveloverview 0 (first-person)
Double doors with cl_leveloverview 2

Also, note that if you try to use overview on a custom map it doesn’t work.

PS: don’t get me wrong, I would love to see this feature in tf2, I’m just trying to explain why valve won’t do it.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Level_Overviews
gl hf

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3