Forum

New Pickup Channel

Created 6th July 2010 @ 14:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

AnimaL

i think f2 just updated invite rules for pu2, s7 is included now

Quoted from Monkeh

At this juncture I shall point out that I’ve been playing TF2 since release and comp, seriously, for about 18months-ish, and I have never used irc.

How do you get games?

jason

PHX

Quoted from AnimaL

i think f2 just updated invite rules for pu2, s7 is included now

Is that the div3+ players PU?
That means very little to the vast majority of players in ETF2L.

GL Adam – look forward to it.

AnimaL

Quoted from jason

[…]
Is that the div3+ players PU?
That means very little to the vast majority of players in ETF2L.

GL Adam – look forward to it.

http://forums.krus.dk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25

so if there are ppl who want to get in and fit the requirements, gimme a pm on irc id love to invite more ppl, preferably demos, since thats what the chan atm lacks

also, gl to u adam, id love to see decent active pickup chan

Skyride

DUCS

Ye, the problem is pu2 doesn’t have enough active players, so its either going to slowly become like the old pickup2 used to be, or remain fairly inactive.

Anyway, #pixeltf2.pickup, join if you like, the more people in it when it opens officially the better I suppose. I’ve got Sunday as my personal goal to have this up and running, but that could easily change.

Progress so far is a working IRC frontend (i.e. the bit of the bot that actually connects to quakenet, as anyone who dares to type !test in #etf2l will find) and most of the way with the actual meat of managing whos added/etc (going to go with !demo/!sol, etc). Hopefully my friend will start work on the web side of it tomorow. Things going well

Also, for anyone whom this may be of interest, I may consider releasing the code for the bot publicly at some point.

Last edited by Skyride,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from purplefistmixer

How do you get games?

I leave that to people in the team that aren’t t’interweb retards.

Jarppa

Feacon

Quoted from Skyride

Also, for anyone whom this may be of interest, I may consider releasing the code for the bot publicly at some point.

+1 for this, people w/ programming skillz can make own contributions then if they want to make the bot better.

edit: Also interested on programming language! If it’s in Python, I would like to help.

Last edited by Jarppa,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

Language? :)

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Russian

ShellShock

Didnt read all of the comments but i think a good idea would be to do rooms for seperated divisions or atleast 2 divisions..so they will have some where to improve…when they feel ready they can go to the more higher division..

But for an example if someone is div4 and he keeps going to div2 even though he keeps failing there then he would be blocked from there for a couple of weeks(or one week,which is probably the min time for him to become a div2 player)

but dont make it like MPUK2 AND MPUK

Which are in seperated rooms,let the community be together..it would help much more.

“ONE LOVE. :D”

Anyways,thats my opinion..cheers

Quoted from ShellShock

i think a good idea would be to do rooms for seperated divisions

Quoted from ShellShock

but dont make it like MPUK2 AND MPUK

Which are in seperated rooms,let the community be together

Erm, what?

Last edited by purplefistmixer,

ups

Quoted from purplefistmixer

[…]

[…]
Erm, what?

He basically wants to make a few channels for different skill levels. And make them all public, so that the ‘higher channel’ teams would be full of retards who are bringing the channel’s level to minimum.

Then they get banned for a week or sth if their level isn’t good enough, because you will surely go from div3 to div2 in a week (and we can see that from the recruitment posts on etf2l trololololololo)

[…]

I assume it’s either java or c#.

P.S. by ‘retards’ I mean players that are over-rating themselves too much.

Last edited by ups,

[…]

>++++++[<+++++++++++>-]<.>++++[<++++>-]<.>----[<---->+]<-.>+++[<+++>-]<-.+++++.>---[<--->+]<+.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>--[<---------->+]<++.>+++[<+++>-]<-.>>+++[<+++++++++++>-]<...

Last edited by dotfloat™,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from ups

He basically wants to make a few channels for different skill levels. And make them all public, so that the ‘higher channel’ teams would be full of retards who are bringing the channel’s level to minimum.

Then they get banned for a week or sth if their level isn’t good enough, because you will surely go from div3 to div2 in a week (and we can see that from the recruitment posts on etf2l trololololololo)

Ye. Thats pretty much what I don’t want to do. I say this with the greatest possible respect, but I don’t see the point in trying to keep the top 10% of players happy to the detriment of the other 90%, especially considering there is already plenty of places for them to play. Nearly 2,000 players signed up to play in AFS, only 144 of those people are playing in division 1/2.

Quoted from ups

I assume it’s either java or c#.

Java? God then we’d literally be waiting a week for it to start. :P Nah i’m writing it in PHP.

Last edited by Skyride,

Quoted from Skyride

Nah i’m writing it in PHP.

PHP is the worst language to write a bot in! (Java is 2nd worst, C# is 3rd)

Write it in something proper.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »