Forum

New Pickup Channel

Created 6th July 2010 @ 14:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Hey,

Well since it seems theres plenty of want for it and nothing seems to be happening on the mpuk front, I’d like to go with the “pug 1.5” idea everyone seems to like. So anyway, heres the plan atm:

-Invite system
Any player can invite
Fairly low requirements (basic comms, mumble, basic gamesense)

-Web Statistics (same idea as mpuk, nothing overly elaborate)
-!add system (no captains)
-Mumble 1.2
-STV demos available from every match

Anyway, as i say, pretty similar to the old pickup2. Just wondering if anyone has any interesting ideas.

Only thing I’d like to ask if people would prefer an !add/!med 10+2 system, or a class based !demo/!med/!sol/etc system. I personally feel that works better in pickup2, however you’re all welcome to decide for yourselves. :)

Cheers, Adam

dougiie

CotC

having a !demo or !soldier type thing would be nice

but with nightbox’s lobby thing (if it comes out soon) would be better imo

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Won’t it just work like lobby system? Without class spots, I guess there will be many dropped pickups.
I wonder if captains idea can be adjusted so that everyone could still join. :|

Bury.

internecine

i think copying it in every single way but without badmins will be good 8)

dougiie

CotC

also, just make it a 6 month ban if you dont go on mumble

because if you dont go on mumble, whats the fucking point, its just lobby then :)

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I’d love to be involved with something like this, but I’d be worried that my noobiness would result in game ruin for others. I mean, seriously, who would want a div 6 medic up there asses apart from Lobby-ites and idiots!

Edit: Oh yeah, and my team…..I think.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Skyride

DUCS

Monkeh, I just want something like the old pickup2. Actual skill wasen’t so much an issue, it was more just people having a clue what to do. Was really just like a chilled out double mix most of the time. I just want that again minus the annoying people.

Anyway, I will be looking for some reasonable admins once its going. All I have atm is a quakenet channel with no Q (e-highfive for the first person to find it) and a general idea of what its going to be like. :)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

(e-highfive for the first person to find it)

/whois adam`

:)

Hazander

gambler /

sth like “auto-connect” can be very useful

Waebi

‹Con›

it doesnt get more auto-connect than clicking 2 links in IRC, one for Mumble and one for TF2. Seriously.

Would get me playing pickups again.

Would also be available for admin if this gets going.

Josh

ez
LEGO

Can u pls tell me the channel? i’d like this idea to go ahead but with nigh’s lobby system just depends really

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Hazander

sth like “auto-connect” can be very useful

I’m not sure if that can be done from IRC, but I’ll look into it. ;)

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

/whois adam`

:)

You’re such a bore. :(

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Waebi

it doesnt get more auto-connect than clicking 2 links in IRC, one for Mumble and one for TF2. Seriously.

Most IRC clients have some form of scripting embedded which could be used for detecting-and-automatically-opening these links. Obviously requires client-side effort though.

Also, I volunteer to help :)

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

I’m not sure if that can be done from IRC, but I’ll look into it. ;)

as i wrote, would probably need 2 links, both mumble and tf2 support connecting through links.
edit: client-side, only clicking on it would be needed then. IMO the smartest way to do it.

Last edited by Waebi,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »