Forum

ENGIE UPDATE INBOUND!

Created 5th July 2010 @ 20:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 Next »

Linus

[d¿s]

pretty much pointless to attempt to get a golden wrench now, DF & his buddies have figured out the algorithm, so.. ((((

Snyyppis

RLM

It’s no wonder he got one considering he has shitloads of data from every single account. Kinda shitty from him to abuse that…

Quoted from Mark

[…]

Well I was talking about the map… but still, that’s not an accurate representation of the weapons at all, so good job and that.

It’s payload. Payload is an unbalanced spamfest by its very nature.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Stew

[…]

No wonder DrunkenFool got a wrench…

Well, at least they are not grinding on an achievement server or something, that would be really unfair, impede your chances of obtaining an item and be very poisonous for your minute to minute gameplay experience.

Edit: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346682

Last edited by RaCio,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I dont have the time, nor do I feel to put much effort in it, but if you know the drop-chance on items (some items drop more then others), and know the avarage item per second droprate (depending on how many players per second are on the steam-servers), you can basically predict any item dropping within a very smalll time window, I guess.

Im guessing they found the droprate/dropchance per item and made a excel sheet for it.

Last edited by Andee,

Anathema

lmao at the drama over a melee weapon for such a boring class

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Anathema

lmao at the drama over a melee weapon for such a boring class

It’s more that it again shows why this random drop system is so problematic.

mb

keso

Who’s drunken fool?? :S

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from mb

Who’s drunken fool?? :S

He made the fake idling program that led to the Halo being released, he has also made tf2items.com, and SourceOP.

reactioN

i crafted everything i have for the golden wrench and ended up with a camera beard

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I almost got a class specific hat! Now who da man!

Quoted from Snyyppis

It’s no wonder he got one considering he has shitloads of data from every single account. Kinda shitty from him to abuse that…

The new steam API means that anyone can get just as muc information about the wrenches, andin fact, He has it published on TF2 items. All he has done is used that data before anyone else, and had the ability to actually work it out.

hapha

Quoted from Cauldron Moose

[…]The new steam API means that anyone can get just as muc information about the wrenches, andin fact, He has it published on TF2 items. All he has done is used that data before anyone else, and had the ability to actually work it out.

That’s not the point. Yes we all have access to it but 99% of players would have no idea how to use that data effectively (including myself), plus he already has a system in place (tf2items) which has allowed him to essentially cheat the valves system once again. What did valve do the last time he cheated? If I remember correctly they gave him a community knife. Just to clarify, I have no interest in this item, what I am interested in though is how some players are rewarded for cheating while others are punished.

Last edited by hapha,

Suoid

Poo
Poo

Quoted from hapha

[…]
That’s not the point. Yes we all have access to it but 99% of players would have no idea how to use that data effectively (including myself), plus he already has a system in place (tf2items) which has allowed him to essentially cheat the valves system once again. What did valve do the last time he cheated? If I remember correctly they gave him a community knife. Just to clarify, I have no interest in this item, what I am interested in though is how some players are rewarded for cheating while others are punished.

++++rep

so true :/ i think he should be ip banned and then hunted down, put in a plastic bag and chucked in the sea with brick weights. Honestly.

Quoted from Andee

I almost got a class specific hat! Now who da man!

I am, cause I actually got a class specific hat!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 Next »