Forum

TF2 Under Linux

Created 22nd June 2010 @ 12:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dotfloat™

[…]

You’re willing to be that a unfinished windows emulator is better than a handcrafted native port?

I raged at you calling wine a “windows emulator”

Somebody needs to learn when I’m trolling about relative Mac performance.

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

Wait wait, surely they’re not running the game in direct X on the mac? It’s openGL is it not? Isn’t that the point he was trying to make?

That’s correct (at least, I would assume they will use OpenGL on nix, not actually heard about it), but OpenGL is only half of the story.

Last edited by octochris,

Skyride

DUCS

for those of you who don’t know linux better than your left arse cheek;

WINE = Wine Is Not an Emulator

Sketch

MM

Quoted from dotfloat™

[…]

You’re willing to be that a unfinished windows emulator is better than a handcrafted native port? (By valve, I might add)

I like the part where you imply that “valve” doing the port will mean that nothing will go wrong.

anyway i wouldnt worry. the linux nerds are saying it will be out by the end of the summer. a quick glance at my “valve-time-translator” shows that a more accurate estimate would be sometime mid july

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Sketch

anyway i wouldnt worry. the linux nerds are saying it will be out by the end of the summer. a quick glance at my “valve-time-translator” shows that a more accurate estimate would be sometime mid july

Phoronix have been claiming Steam is just around the corner for linux for like 3 years. I wouldn’t get overly excited.

Random

[Gb]

TC are you that opposed to spending a few day’s wages on an OEM copy of windows?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2