Forum

So who wants the earbuds?

Created 11th June 2010 @ 00:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 Next »

wer

tfortress.no

And people come crying over being “hacked”.
wonder why that never happened to me

Last edited by wer,

Ghent

Team

Quoted from octochris

[…]

alternatively don’t send your fucking password in cleartext over the internet for some shitty virtual headphones that might as well emit a vocalisation of “I’m a massive faggot for overpriced pieces of shit”

I’m guessing someone didn’t get there headphones…

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Quoted from octochris

[…]

alternatively don’t send your fucking password in cleartext over the internet for some shitty virtual headphones that might as well emit a vocalisation of “I’m a massive faggot for overpriced pieces of shit”

Sounds like you have some issues Chris! :P

There’s absolutely no point in us trying to hijack these accounts. Personally I care too much about this community to screw it over, and I know Arie feels the same way. Although I’d like a bit more money from this (it’s getting pretty tiring as I’ve been doing it for about 5 hours without a break), it’s nice that I can help people out.

black

trick17
trick17

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Haters gonna hate

With a verified email-address and changing the password right before the “deal” I think it is not that dangerous.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dave

[…]

Sounds like you have some issues Chris! :P

There’s absolutely no point in us trying to hijack these accounts. Personally I care too much about this community to screw it over, and I know Arie feels the same way. Although I’d like a bit more money from this (it’s getting pretty tiring as I’ve been doing it for about 5 hours without a break), it’s nice that I can help people out.

I’m not saying that you and Arie are trying to steal accounts, I’m saying that trust should never come into these things.

Sending your password in cleartext over the internet is stupid and shows a complete disregard for basic security.

Last edited by octochris,

Of course its got its risks however sometimes you can rely on your trust to ingore the risk. Seeing all the work Arie does for the TF2 scene I felt I could trust him.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Gozzer

Seeing all the work Arie does for the TF2 scene I felt I could trust him.

Quoted from octochris

I’m not saying that you and Arie are trying to steal accounts, I’m saying that trust should never come into these things.

randa

Quoted from octochris

[…]

[…]

Still, trust does come into it.

Weyzer

[PSG]

You gotta take risks sometimes for the shiny earbuds! I’m in “#iwantearbuds”, is that the right channel? You are still doing this?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from randa

[…]

Still, trust does come into it.

How does it? Do you understand the risks of transmitting data like that unencrypted?

The risk does not only come from the intended recipient.

Last edited by octochris,

Traumatizer

C2A
.TK`

Quoted from Weyzer

You gotta take risks sometimes for the shiny earbuds! I’m in “#iwantearbuds”, is that the right channel? You are still doing this?

He redirected me to #iwantapple

randa

Quoted from octochris

[…]

How does it? Do you understand the risks of transmitting data like that unencrypted?

The risk does not only come from the recipient.

With the position he holds into the community and changing your pw etc before giving him the details, I personally don’t see it as a risk with him also doing it for alot of people before and them having no problems :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from randa

[…]

With the position he holds into the community and changing your pw etc before giving him the details, I personally don’t see it as a risk with him also doing it for alot of people before and them having no problems :D

Quoted from octochris

The risk does not only come from the intended recipient.

wer

tfortress.no

If they want to give away their password, let them do it.
It’s not like they will learn anyway

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from wer

If they want to give away their password, let them do it.
It’s not like they will learn anyway

They will have to learn the hard way about basic security then. :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 Next »