Forum

Let's vote gullywash up as an official Valve map

Created 23rd May 2010 @ 11:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

If Arnold or Byte get the cash, I demand they use it to fund an awesome TF2 LAN :>

Wiiking

where is the new version :D?

Arnold

DAKKA

Well i wouldve asked people to vote for gullywash but I just felt that if they really thought gullywash was good enough they would end up voting themselves. On top of that i don’t really care that much if i go official or not, ofcourse it would be far beyond awesome if it did happen but that’s just not why I made the map.

I also want worldpeace.

YM

Quoted from compton

edit: Also, it’s kind of stupid to come into a community that you don’t seem to know very well and to tell us how to vote on maps, discarding our votes as “biased” and then calling the whole vote itself rather meaningless. I wonder if it’s just because the vote didn’t produce a result that you wanted? Doesn’t that actually make you more biased than us?

I’m not disregarding the votes as a rigged vote, but the proportion of votes probably isn’t representative of the proportion of pubbers:comp players. Giving the maps you guys like an overall skew. I’m sure it will even out though.

It certainly looked fishy when none of the maps were really changing position much then all of a sudden obscure and gully wash lept about a dozen places from middle of the range to the leaders.

Quoted from YM

[…]
It certainly looked fishy when none of the maps were really changing position much then all of a sudden obscure and gully wash lept about a dozen places from middle of the range to the leaders.

That’s not fishy, that’s showing the difference between competitive and pub. Pubs don’t care about which maps they play as long as they have fun. “Fun”, for most people, seemingly being “payload” or any other spamfest like that. Comp prefers 5CP due to the more dynamic flow of the map and far greater strategic possibilities.

YM

I know it isn’t fishy but when it happened it looked it, at the time I had no idea this thread was here instructing people to vote for those two.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from YM

[…]
I’m not disregarding the votes as a rigged vote, but the proportion of votes probably isn’t representative of the proportion of pubbers:comp players.

But captain obvious says comp players are pubbers to.

Randdalf

(0v0)

The fact is, you’re biasing the vote. There’s a smaller proportion of comp players to public players, but in this vote you have a much higher perecentage of comp players.

compton

cvx|

Quoted from Randdalf

The fact is, you’re biasing the vote. There’s a smaller proportion of comp players to public players, but in this vote you have a much higher perecentage of comp players.

There’s also higher percentage of pub players that browse steam forums versus pub players that don’t browse steam forums.

What’s the point? Voting is always biased.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Sounds like you are butthurt Youme

Arnold

DAKKA

On top of that only a small portion of the comp scene will vote on the steam forums plus they’d have to be voting for gullywash and obscure which makes for an even smaller percentage.

Also public players generally have no idea what makes a good map, yes i just said that.

grey

nm

Quoted from Arnold

Also public players generally have no idea what makes a good map, yes i just said that.

Thats why people still play cp_orange.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from compton

[…]

There’s also higher percentage of pub players that browse steam forums versus pub players that don’t browse steam forums.

What’s the point? Voting is always biased.

Uh-huh. It will even out over time, but for the moment, there’s… a bit of a demographical bias.

compton

cvx|

bump

we’re pretty close!

* cp_obscure – 140
* cp_gullywash – 132

grey

nm

Dont get me wrong, obscure and gullywash are great maps… but why exactly do we need them to be official? So comp and pub players come together?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »