Forum

Let's vote gullywash up as an official Valve map

Created 23rd May 2010 @ 11:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

compton

cvx|

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1275640

Go go go!

So it becomes even worse than the original?
Don’t think so.

compton

cvx|

Quoted from dotfloat™

So it becomes even worse than the original?
Don’t think so.

I don’t understand how a map becomes worse just by adding it to the official maps.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from compton

[…]

I don’t understand how a map becomes worse just by adding it to the official maps.

I’m probably wrong, but once it becomes official, do valve make lots of tweaks themselves to make it more community friendly or w/e

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from compton

[…]

Many people are of the opinion that this is what happened to freight.

RareSpycrab

Nahh they don’t really. I think dotfloat was talking about freight. Which the mapmaker updated to freight_final which imo was a terrible map. Then valve came along and Fixed the mapmakers new freight_final which had no real ways to push last and ended up with final1 which improved the ways to push last. And from what i’ve seen thats the only real change valve ever made to a community map.

tl;dr Valve only optimize maps for pub play by making pushes easier

Sofa King

Quoted from dougiie

[…]

I’m probably wrong, but once it becomes official, do valve make lots of tweaks themselves to make it more community friendly or w/e

just like they did to freight.
now its 10 times more awesome, than the old freight.

spence

¤_¤

when it becomes official I am sure valve just pay the map maker and then part own the copyright or something along those sort of lines. It wouldn’t suprise me if they take the make and improve its optimization regarding fps and generally look over some of the mapping itself to make it tidier regarding brushwork etc

just a thought though,not sure

sickless

fnx.simrai

that’s why it shouldn’t be official. In the other case arnold gets moneh!!!111

Mark

Phase

Valve buy the map, they don’t make any changes themselves. They didn’t do anything to Freight, everything was done by Fishbus (the map’s creator).

Gullywash should definitely be made official, with the new fixes in the improved version.

Last edited by Mark,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Vote for cp_stark
:D

Skyride

DUCS

Voted obscure/gully.

Pretty much what spence said. All Valve do is have the original map maker do bug fixes like clipping, etc,,, then sort it out for better FPS if possible.

spendy

cp_orange_final – 2

LETS GO GUYS!!

Arnold

DAKKA

Valve indeed just buys the copyrights any changes have to be done by the mapmaker himself.

I’m cleaning the map up anyway so don’t worry you’ll get a better gullywash no matter what. Maybe it’s for the best that I don’t get any money for this i’m not in the slightest capable enough to handle large amounts of money. Would probably end up spending it on insane amounts of belgian chocolate & waffles, gain obesity and inflict serious damage on my internal organs and end up on youtube becoming a contemporary version of a freakshow.

grey

nm

no, just no.

Last edited by grey,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »