Forum

Community looking for TF2 Team(s)

Created 16th May 2010 @ 09:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

thirtyfour

First post, don’t bite!

http://fingersports.co.uk/ (FingerSports)

We are a 6 month old community looking to expand, made up of players who have known each other for 8+ years. We would really like to break into the TF2 scene as I think our humour and members would fit it well. We have a few casual TF2 players (Myself included) who would like somewhere to go when the need to play takes us.

Ideally we would like a group of 10+ to help start up a public server and from there get fully into the game, a match team with some results is a bonus but for the start that is not exactly what we are after. I would need your team to be mature and stable before applying please.

What we offer teams:

Match server (most games)
Public community servers
Vent access
Forum space
Web space with subdir
Mature active community playing many games (mostly css)
We actively attend LAN events (pay your own way until you start winning)
Well managed drama free environment

What we expect in return:

MATURITY and willingness to ADAPT – Most of our players are over 20, if you are a big headed child you will not fit in.

We need people to be active on vent and the website/forums

Your team must be established.

A full application detailing your history and what you have to offer us.

http://www.fingersports.co.uk/forum
http://www.fingersports.co.uk/contact

Last edited by thirtyfour,

Ltk

gl hf

dougiie

CotC

The TF2 community used Mumble rather than Vent… just to let you know :)

gl

Chaos

BAT

Quoted from dougiie

The TF2 community used Mumble rather than Vent… just to let you know :)

This
And GL

wai

TEZC
TEZC

nice and gl!

Grem

rEJ
TG

Your are now reading this thread with ‘Fingerbang’ playing in your head.

thirtyfour

I see that a lot of people are porting to mumble, we tried it out and found it great for latency but harder to manage a larger amount of people.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I’ve chatted to a couple of people as a result of this post but nothing has come of it yet.

Still looking!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from thirtyfour

I see that a lot of people are porting to mumble, we tried it out and found it great for latency but harder to manage a larger amount of people.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I’ve chatted to a couple of people as a result of this post but nothing has come of it yet.

Still looking!

Ask Arie from FB if you have troubles with running a big mumble server. They run a server with a gazillion rooms.

wai

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Ask Arie from FB if you have troubles with running a big mumble server. They run a server with a gazillion rooms.

i second this, i dont see how mumble isnt used on ALL fps games, its insanely fast compared to vent, and the quality is alot better.. +9000 to replace vent with mumble (im not in with the cool kids on forums, am i right in saying that mumble is OVER 9000 times better than vent?)

Grem

rEJ
TG

Quoted from wai

[…]
i second this, i dont see how mumble isnt used on ALL fps games, its insanely fast compared to vent, and the quality is alot better.. +9000 to replace vent with mumble (im not in with the cool kids on forums, am i right in saying that mumble is OVER 9000 times better than vent?)

seems abt right

thirtyfour

We’re committed to vent for another 6 months, once that runs out I’ll take another look at mumble then.

Back on track however.. we are still looking for a team or two. I have not had much response. Do teams in TF2 not need sponsorship? We picked up CS:S teams very quickly. Our community would really suit the type of players who are involved in TF2.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

tf2 is only played by rich bitche$!!!!
btw: pay me LAN Events and you are allowed to be my personal sponsor!!!!

Last edited by Dr-GimpfeN,

compton

cvx|

Quoted from thirtyfour

We’re committed to vent for another 6 months, once that runs out I’ll take another look at mumble then.

Back on track however.. we are still looking for a team or two. I have not had much response. Do teams in TF2 not need sponsorship? We picked up CS:S teams very quickly. Our community would really suit the type of players who are involved in TF2.

I think that TF2 teams are quite skeptical about MGOs, because even those who do promise LAN support sometimes simply won’t deliver their promises.

I’ve been in an MGO that didn’t care about us, and to be honest it’s better to be without one.

Vladi

TIDS

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

tf2 is only played by rich bitche$!!!!
btw: pay me LAN Events and you are allowed to be my personal sponsor!!!!

in terms of reverse advertisement?

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Vladi

[…]

in terms of reverse advertisement?

negative publicity is also publicity…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »