Forum

TF2 Update 13/05

Created 13th May 2010 @ 01:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

F2

Danmark

Sandman + Scrap Metal = Pain Train

pala4

now you can allow gunboats, crit-a-cola and the pain train because everyone can get it easily=)

Last edited by pala4,

Defur

Quoted from pala4

now you can allow gunboats, crit-a-cola and the pain train because everyone can get it easily=)

exacly

Enef

fest
#wubafan

This makes me so happy :)

LUPUS

Quoted from alfa

I can’t even start the game after the update.”Could not connect to Steam Network”.

Thanks valve for another useless update

Its only useless for you m8. ;P

Last edited by LUPUS,

Sofa King

GUNBOATS NAO ETF2L!!! :)

Extremer

You still have to randomly achieve weapons to craft them.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Extremer

You still have to randomly achieve weapons to craft them.

Actually the argument was that it was statistically possible to never get a random drop of or able to craft a pair of gunboats, the issue was never with crafting away your items and relying on random drops because that’s true of any weapon. If you choose to craft away your targe + charge and razorback which you unlocked from achievements, that’s your problem. Since both weapons are guaranteed from achievements and the new community weapons are guaranteed from crafting of those weapons, its fine.

Last edited by Vali,

Rotab

≧◡≦

edit: ^

Last edited by Rotab,

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from Rotab

* Fixed dropped weapons and ammo kits not being affected by explosions.

Finally

Rele

Quoted from Vali

[…]

Since both weapons are guaranteed from achievements and the new community weapons are guaranteed from crafting of those weapons, its fine.

Which would in return mean you have to ban the other two weapons you used for crafting, because if everyone would craft them they’d rely on random drops again to get them back. It doesn’t solve the problem, it only shifts it to other weapons.

I’m not saying some of the weapons needed to craft the “powerful” weapons are mostly useful anyway, it’s just a matter of principle.

Last edited by Rele,

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Rele

Which would in return mean you have to ban the other two weapons you used for crafting, because if everyone would craft them they’d rely on random drops again to get them back. It doesn’t solve the problem, it only shifts it to other weapons.

You completely missed the point. There is no shifting, only problem solving.

Comedian

it goes from “random chance” to choise, and if someone chooses to ditch some weapons that he might not use at all for a weapon he wants, and later ends up regretting this, no one is to blame but the person itself

RaCio

GoT²

You are both right in some way.

With the update it is definitely possible to make sure everyone can get the new weapons.
On the other hand, it is not possible for everyone to get all weapons. Especially for the scout and heavy this is more of a problem as you would have to give up your bonk drink to get the critacola. So it’s not possible to get both without relying on random drops.

So I’d say this is a very great improvement, but I do hope to see the random drop system get an update as well (with a way to work towards certain unlocks, as the blog talked about).

Last edited by RaCio,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

But it is your choice to get critacola instead of bonk, therefore you can’t blame the system, only yourself.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »