Forum

TF2 Update 13/05

Created 13th May 2010 @ 01:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Enef

But it is your choice to get critacola instead of bonk, therefore you can’t blame the system, only yourself.

Well, the bonk can be very good on gravel while the critacola can be very good on badlands. So ideally you shouldn’t be forced to make a one time choice between them.

Skyride

DUCS

Why are we even pretending that some people don’t have them? Its just avoiding the issue and not treating it for what it is, like the “medicinal marijuana” arguement in the US. If someone doesn’t have them by now, its by choice. That arguement doesn’t make sense RaCio, I had 4 of them at one point, its not like you can only ever have one of them.

The real issue: Is the game more or less enjoyable with them in play?
If yes : Allow it
If no: Ban it

That simple.

Last edited by Skyride,

They add a different (and IMO positive) dynamic on the game, with soldiers being able to get to mid quicker and be more aggressive (whilst still being able to jump away again- e.g forcing uber) Just watch how some NA players use them.
It adds another variable to the game and can make the game more high paced which surely everyone else agrees is a plus?

Rele

Quoted from Skyride

That simple.

There are several thing in the game that I don’t enjoy. Sticky traps, for example. Ban them pls?

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from Skyride

That simple.

But people like different things, that’s the problem

Quoted from Skyride

That simple.

Ban Scouts, Snipers and Stickytraps from the game then. I fucking hate them.

It isn’t a simple matter of “is it fun?” since everybody likes something else.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Dummy

quick, make a poll on the main page with dozens of unnecessary options so we will all be confused and happy!

Insanity

X(

lol’d @ skyride

Quoted from Skyride

Why are we even pretending that some people don’t have them?

I don’t have them. :(

crzfst

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Ban Scouts, Snipers and Stickytraps from the game then. I fucking hate them.

No wonder then why are you bad at this game.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from wer

[…]But people like different things, that’s the problem

Exactly. Pretty much every arguement put forward so far is just an excuse. What they really mean is “No, I think the game is less fun with this weapon”, which is totally valid. What we need to do is take a proper vote.

If that means different rules for different divisions, fine, I don’t think many teams in division 6 currently will be competing in division 1 any time soon.

for science

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/what-should-be-banned.html

Think that summarises my opinion of how bans should work quite well :)

Rele

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Exactly. Pretty much every arguement put forward so far is just an excuse. What they really mean is “No, I think the game is less fun with this weapon”, which is totally valid. What we need to do is take a proper vote.

If that means different rules for different divisions, fine, I don’t think many teams in division 6 currently will be competing in division 1 any time soon.

skyride your comments don’t make any sense at all. You quote someone saying something that doesn’t agree with your statement and then add absolutely nothing to it whatsoever.

Last edited by Rele,

kaidus

WiK?

Imagine if FIFA said “Ok lads next season we’re going to add a new type of ball. It will play nothing like the ball you’ve spent your whole lives training with, but that’s no problem becuase if you’re really talented you’ll still be able to beat everyone with it.”

Honestly imagine it for a second, and then ask why tf2 should be any different.

Quoted from kaidus

Imagine if FIFA said “Ok lads next season we’re going to add a new type of ball. It will play nothing like the ball you’ve spent your whole lives training with, but that’s no problem becuase if you’re really talented you’ll still be able to beat everyone with it.”

Honestly imagine it for a second, and then ask why tf2 should be any different.

Because in FIFA people don’t kill others with their vanilla balls. (It even sounds wrong)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »