Forum

Viaduct in the mappool for S8?

Created 21st April 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]
Personally I despise Viacut but that’s only 6vs6 expirience. Perhaps it will be diffrent in pub.
I wouldnt like to see coldfront nor viaduct at all

Ironically I went completely the opposite after trying them. I fucking love Viaduct and easily prefer it over coldfront. :D

Anathema

Viaduct is incredibly boring to play 6v6 imo.

Mike

TEZC

it’s so much fun!

busta_rhymes

Excuse me, but as an American it seems to me that the only reason why any European team is playing cp_obscure (a terrible ripoff of badlands, extremely linear and trivial, doesn’t even do its own thing like gullywash) is cause their idol Byte made the map.

Byte made the map. Good for him. What does it do that no other map does? Absolutely nothing. It’s mid is cp_follower in a different environment. It’s 2nd point is nothing but a bunch of boxes in the open. And its last is another point with nothing useful but a big room with platforms.

cp_turbine and cp_well? We tried turbine for one week and realized its a terrible map. And until cp_well gets some changes as a custom map it’s not going to be viable.

cp_freight? I think even one of your own, Arnold, posted on a forum about how the only thing good about freight is the mid.

Y’all need to take a look at koth_viaduct, cp_coldfront, and cp_yukon. Clearly those maps offer something original and we here have tried all 3 with positive results.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from busta_rhymes

Excuse me, but as an American it seems to me that the only reason why any European team is playing cp_obscure (a terrible ripoff of badlands, extremely linear and trivial, doesn’t even do its own thing like gullywash) is cause their idol Byte made the map.

Byte made the map. Good for him. What does it do that no other map does? Absolutely nothing. It’s mid is cp_follower in a different environment. It’s 2nd point is nothing but a bunch of boxes in the open. And its last is another point with nothing useful but a big room with platforms.

cp_turbine and cp_well? We tried turbine for one week and realized its a terrible map. And until cp_well gets some changes as a custom map it’s not going to be viable.

cp_freight? I think even one of your own, Arnold, posted on a forum about how the only thing good about freight is the mid.

Y’all need to take a look at koth_viaduct, cp_coldfront, and cp_yukon. Clearly those maps offer something original and we here have tried all 3 with positive results.

tf2chef learned to spell?

if you genuinely think that cp_obscure is anything at all like cp_badlands then you must have no idea about map design, the only real similarity is the fact that they have 5 cap points.

as such i state that badlands must be a ripoff of well.

Quoted from busta_rhymes

the first and only time I’m going to agree with an american. many valid points are made in this post, and I can only see it getting flamed to hell.

i do love turbine though why you messin with turbine

Quoted from busta_rhymes

The only thing badlands and obscure have in common are the cp3 bridges, but even those are quite different.

Coldfront has a horrible cp2. It has a good looking cp3, but still could use some work. Yukon has an awesome cp3, but lacks in cp2 and especially on cp1. I haven’t tried viaduct yet in a 6v6, but as far as I know, snipers are op.

Some people love 2fort, that doesn’t mean they’re wrong for loving it. It’s just an opinion.

And besides, I didn’t know who byte was and I still loved the map. (It’s my all time favorite :P)

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from busta_rhymes

Excuse me, but as an American it seems to me that the only reason why any European team is playing cp_obscure (a terrible ripoff of badlands, extremely linear and trivial, doesn’t even do its own thing like gullywash)

You guys played follower right?

Ched

.tony

Would be a great map to decide draws instead of all this golden cap nonsense.

busta_rhymes

Yeah there are problems with those maps, but the main point is that they have an original idea behind them. Coldfront’s still in development, too.

I just find it hard to believe there’s so much support for cp_obscure when I don’t see it doing anything unique. If you’re going to remake badlands (mid is identical to follower) at least make it different like gullywash.

And yeah we played cp_follower but it’s gone now that we have better alternatives.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7