Forum

Anti Cheat - What would you improve?

Created 8th March 2010 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 31 Next »

Isai

flowerpower/

Quoted from Ran

Well I know it’s probably unrealisable with today’s demo system, but it would be nice to be able to “anonymize” a demo, so the AC team doesn’t know at all who they are inspecting when they check a demo. Just to avoid undesired bias, because I’m sure that even if you try very hard to be objective, you probably won’t have the same eye on a russian D5 player and on an established D1 player, which is bad.

It is totally possible to change the fonts in the .res files to a non existent font. That will make any font in the game disappear. Thus it is impossible for them to know who they watch.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from Imperium

Also 1 thing that needs to be made sure is the cheater-in-question isn’t on the friendslist of any AC admins.

In terms of the voting, imo it should be everyone anonymous as said votes for/against/abstain (since you should definitely not force someone to voice an opinion which is marginally one-sided to be of equal value as one which is absolutely certain). For the ideally larger AC team, the boundaries should be 100% = ban, 50+% = re-look. I dislike the idea of separate teams, why not get more people involved if you can?

I wouldn’t say it has to be completely unanimous, it’d end up like the League of Nations, and kill itself in a huge scandal at some point, 90-95%+ is probably a bannable range, at the least, perhaps a slightly wider range, if you had the voting system.
And then 45% to the other limit for “recheck and gather more evidence”
Anything else could be “not guilty”.

Imperium

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

I wouldn’t say it has to be completely unanimous, it’d end up like the League of Nations, and kill itself in a huge scandal at some point, 90-95%+ is probably a bannable range, at the least, perhaps a slightly wider range, if you had the voting system.
And then 45% to the other limit for “recheck and gather more evidence”
Anything else could be “not guilty”.

The reason i say 100 is because that would show complete and utter support from all of the AC team, which would by itself give confidence. If there is 1 person who disagrees and it is so obvious that 90% agree then it should be an “easy pushover” in that it’ll be easy to persuade. If there are valid points against it, then it could easily be something they all missed. Unlikely, but if it isn’t that then it should be easy to get the 100% confidence.

Edit: This is implying that a ban would have to have everyone agreeing after re-consideration

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

About the ETAC thing: I agree. In my utopia-dreamworld view admins of all leagues work together and arrange flowers and stuff. Around a year ago we tried to create something like that, a sort of overseeing anti-cheat body for all TF2 leagues. Sadly, it failed due to different views from the involved parties.

I still think that is the way to go. Every league having only a few people who know/want to do AC stuff doesn’t work. I recently heard someone may want to resurrect the project. A lot has changed the past year, so who knows.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Isai

[…]

It is totally possible to change the fonts in the .res files to a non existent font. That will make any font in the game disappear. Thus it is impossible for them to know who they watch.

a.) they would have to be trusted to modify their own res files
b.) they could still see the names in console anyway

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from octochris

[…]

a.) they would have to be trusted to modify their own res files
b.) they could still see the names in console anyway

Mmm, had this thought but didn’t know if it was possible to lock them while watching the demo. Maybe someone could contact valve and ask if there’s a way to strip such information from demos externally? Get it done automatically before it gets sent to AC team, if possible.

kala

http://www.easyanticheat.net

As mentioned before, it works atleast
And it is very easy to use + is light as feather

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

Mmm, had this thought but didn’t know if it was possible to lock them while watching the demo. Maybe someone could contact valve and ask if there’s a way to strip such information from demos externally? Get it done automatically before it gets sent to AC team, if possible.

Demos cannot simply be ‘stripped’ like that.

I for one find this whole idea ridiculous. If people personally feel that they can’t trust the AC team to do a good job without forcibly removing names, I think you need more than just this, because your lack of faith in the AC team cannot be cured by proposing to treat them as such.

If you can’t trust the AC team to do a good job you need a new AC team, not a proposal to treat them like little children.

FluffY ZeuZ

Quoted from octochris

[…]
Demos cannot simply be ‘stripped’ like that.

I for one find this whole idea ridiculous. If people personally feel that they can’t trust the AC team to do a good job without forcibly removing names, I think you need more than just this, because your lack of faith in the AC team cannot be cured by proposing to treat them as such.

If you can’t trust the AC team to do a good job you need a new AC team, not a proposal to treat them like little children.

Isn’t that why we’re doing this in the first place, cause the AC structure wasn’t good enough, and couldn’t be trusted with the current code of conduct?

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

Aequitas! ^^

Or something similar.. you get my point.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from FluffY ZeuZ

[…]

Isn’t that why we’re doing this in the first place, cause the AC structure wasn’t good enough, and couldn’t be trusted with the current code of conduct?

If people are genuinely suspicious of malicious intent on the part of the AC team then they need a new AC team. End of, not some wishy washy “take away the names” bollocks.

kala

Quoted from mvp.

Aequitas! ^^

Or something similar.. you get my point.

Never ever Aequitas, worst program ever

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

About the ETAC thing: I agree. In my utopia-dreamworld view admins of all leagues work together and arrange flowers and stuff.

Deneus: I could send you a lovely book how to grow hyacinths

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Ran

Just to avoid undesired bias, because I’m sure that even if you try very hard to be objective, you probably won’t have the same eye on a russian D5 player and on an established D1 player, which is bad..

Problem is.. how to watch a demo without seeing who is in it. If you are watching a demo, you will always see who kills who etc.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Andee

[…]

Problem is.. how to watch a demo without seeing who is in it. If you are watching a demo, you will always see who kills who etc.

You could always render it to an avi with the names removed from the hud and distribute that instead, that could work.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 31 Next »