Anti Cheat - What would you improve?

Created 8th March 2010 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 31 Next »

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Quoted from octochris

[…]

distribute that instead, that could work.

What are you going to do, make DVD’s out of it?!

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Exfane

[…]

What are you going to do, make DVD’s out of it?!

it’s not that hard to set up a private FTP/SFTP server.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

tbh I think the main thing to be considered is JG’s post and Supreme Being’s post in the recent news update.

They make both valid points about someone being banned by a “potentially suspicious kill”, if Quad was banned based on a kill that had potential to be aided by a cheat then that isn’t enough evidence.

If a player pops up, like Quad, who’s only (not sure) evidence is “suspicious” kills then you simply try and get hold of more evidence, as Supreme Being said, Jh does the same in his demo’s and when he plays as Supreme Being pointed out.

The difference being one is a div1 player so can’t possibly cheat and then the other is a guy that nobody cares about.

If there’s a case where evidence is low against the player, then you have to find more evidence. What you should think is when people start saying “OMG HE DOESN’T HACK I SAW HIM @LAN!” You should find evidence that will silence those that think that, or atleast most of the community to support your decision.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from FluffY ZeuZ

[…]

Isn’t that why we’re doing this in the first place, cause the AC structure wasn’t good enough, and couldn’t be trusted with the current code of conduct?

No, that’s not why this thread exists.

I’ve been looking to change the way the AC team works since the end of December (see essay/interview on Resupply). The point of this thread was to get some feedback and opinions from players about what they would like to see, as well as some feedback about some ideas I was considering already.

This is not a thread to suggest that people are untrustworthy or have not performed in the manner in which their rule asked of them, since if you believe that your opinion is probably unlikely to ever change. The thread is about positive improvement :)

Another note about the replies that contribute nothing to the discussion – please read the last paragraph in the first post of this thread.

trams

-><-

Some problems and maybe the solutions?

1. Too much workload on the admins.
Solution: An anticheat priogram, doesnt need to be that “fancy”, some basic stuff and takes random screenshots with all overlays(desktop) and publishes them on the users profile so you have the whole community to help with discovering cheaters.

2. Its very easy to get banned even if your not guilty, example: You have a friend that downloads a hack, joins a public and fakenicks lets say “Vertex D2M” ;), you record a demo and send it to the AC-admins, BAM he is banned.
Solution: ONLY PoV demos from league games are investigated by the AC crew, preferrably with the right cl_interp, if the same player neglects to record 3 times he is OUT.

3.”High” skilled players with the knowledge to create own hacks or money to have them made, multiple accounts and such.
No real solution to this, but the community must keep their eyes and ears open.

4 Players not banned in all leagues.
Solution: Cooperate with other leagues, what Ive heard ETF2L doesnt share evidence with other leagues at all, and you think it is strange that they dont ban them? Make someone contact person for all leagues and distributor of evidence.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Quoted from trams

Some problems and maybe the solutions?

2. Its very easy to get banned even if your not guilty, example: You have a friend that downloads a hack, joins a public and fakenicks lets say “Vertex D2M” ;), you record a demo and send it to the AC-admins, BAM he is banned.
Solution: ONLY PoV demos from league games are investigated by the AC crew, preferrably with the right cl_interp, if the same player neglects to record 3 times he is OUT.

there is already a solution for this. If you record a pov demo of a speedhacker spoiling your fun on a public just go spec record a demo and while you are recording the demo type status in console. this status will show up every time you play the demo so fake nicking is not an issue.

trams

-><-

Quoted from baerbel

[…]

there is already a solution for this. If you record a pov demo of a speedhacker spoiling your fun on a public just go spec record a demo and while you are recording the demo type status in console. this status will show up every time you play the demo so fake nicking is not an issue.

I know, but is it used? And spectator/STV demos are often completely fucked up in timings etc.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

In regard to Chris about “not trusting the AC team” – the suggestion I made is to pacify those people who are NEVER going to trust an AC team, it’s not a necessity, just a point. Demo’s cant be stripped eh? Fair enough, maybe we should try and get valve to stick all the player info into a header which CAN be stripped, rather than just saying “lolno”. Of course if that genuinely isn’t possible, fair play from you.

A point about demos, you can open it up and get the status ingame, I’m pretty sure, haven’t tried for a while, but I seem to remember it working. If not, then just use league demos only, would be the only way.

An AC app will always be a bad and inefficient idea, hacks will work around it, and you end up playing cat and mouse like Sony did with custom firmware writers for their PSP. It would require MORE time and effort for EVEN LESS people than it does currently with a completely human judged AC team.

Ninja edit here-

In regard to auto converting demos to AVI files, I also had this idea, but it would only work if the player being watched was verified beforehand, and if you can get a system to do it automatically. I don’t see it happening, but certainly an idea.

-end ninja

The AC System needs restructuring, hopefully whoever gets in can make a difference, but then that’s what this is for. :)

alfa

Crit hack proof -> http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/d/d8/SPR.gif . Even if we would switch to an AC program there are still people smart enough to “outsmart” the system.I suggest that we should stick to the AC admins (recruit some other games like CCS AC adimns?) and maybe keep working with the other leagues?I mean look ESL found boomeh hacking , so we got him banned here aswell.

compton

cvx|

People should stop acting like a cheat-free league would ever be possible. It’s not, so stop fantasizing about it. The dumb cheaters are cheaters too, so a correctly implemented, simple AC program would be really good for ETF2L’s purposes. AC programs aren’t THAT drastically different from other software. If you do it well, it doesn’t come in your way. Besides, you even run the program WHILE you’re having an active AC team. If it’s a matter of money, then sure, it might not be doable, but that doesn’t mean you have to shoot the idea down. It’s a fucking brilliant idea that shouldn’t be ignored.

trams

-><-

Quoted from alfa

Crit hack proof -> http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/d/d8/SPR.gif . Even if we would switch to an AC program there are still people smart enough to “outsmart” the system.I suggest that we should stick to the AC admins (recruit some other games like CCS AC adimns?) and maybe keep working with the other leagues?I mean look ESL found boomeh hacking , so we got him banned here aswell.

And how did ESL “find” boomeh?
We need an AC program.

Is it just me or is it a little bit suspicious that so many doesnt want a program? ;)

Quoted from trams

[…]

And how did ESL “find” boomeh?
We need an AC program.

Is it just me or is it a little bit suspicious that so many doesnt want a program? ;)

Actually it was an admin checking the files who found him, not Aquietas (sp?) itself. :p

AnAkkk

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Actually it was an admin checking the files who found him, not Aquietas (sp?) itself. :p

Actually, it was Aequitas, no admin has done anything. There was just a manual checking done after Aequitas banned him.

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Actually, it was Aequitas, no admin has done anything. There was just a manual checking done after Aequitas banned him.

Just shows you can’t rely solely on an AC program, he evaded it for months. :)

trams

-><-

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Just shows you can’t rely solely on an AC program, he evaded it for months. :)

Noone has said that we only should have a program, but its a good supplement.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 31 Next »