COMMUNITYVOTES ABOUT BANNING PLAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!1

cleisthenes in the hausssssssssss

jgmaster

BM

Whatever happens there needs to be confidence that the AC team are banning the right people instilled into the community. In it’s current state very few people are confident that the AC team are as “professional” as people are making them out to be.

The latest news post didn’t really help to clarify things when you get reasons such as: “Also potentially suspicious kills” or “Unusual movements”. Why don’t these comments help instill confidence? Because these comments could be used to describe cheaters and non cheaters alike.

Supreme Being makes a post relating to Jh’s demo and makes exactly the same comments which are in relation to quads ban. The main issue for me is that I am not safe in the knowledge that I don’t cheat because I know that there is a possibilty that someone could send in a demo of me doing “unusual movements” and I could get banned. There seems to be no way of telling if the current AC team get false positives or not and IMO this is wrong.

Having said this I am glad that D2M has opened this question up to the community and some of his ideas which he has stated, as long as they are achievable, seem like a big step forward. The biggest barrier you will need to overcome though is trust and I for one am still slightly skeptical.

F2

Danmark

It is crucial that the players you are banning are actually cheating. I understand your reasons for not releasing evidence, but it is important that your evidence is so rock-solid that if you were to release it then everyone would be convinced that the person is actually cheating. I’d rather have 50 cheaters playing, than 1 innocent banned.

Mark

Phase

What jgmaster and F2 said is so true. I think its such bullshit that Quad got banned for “suspicious movement”. I think everyone who uses slightly high sensitivity has “suspicious movement”.

randa

create a plugin that will take a random ss at anypoint in the game, people then have to upload these ss’s and if they dont will be banned etc.

huhystah

Quoted from jgmaster

Whatever happens there needs to be confidence that the AC team are banning the right people instilled into the community. In it’s current state very few people are confident that the AC team are as “professional” as people are making them out to be.

The latest news post didn’t really help to clarify things when you get reasons such as: “Also potentially suspicious kills” or “Unusual movements”. Why don’t these comments help instill confidence? Because these comments could be used to describe cheaters and non cheaters alike.

Supreme Being makes a post relating to Jh’s demo and makes exactly the same comments which are in relation to quads ban. The main issue for me is that I am not safe in the knowledge that I don’t cheat because I know that there is a possibilty that someone could send in a demo of me doing “unusual movements” and I could get banned. There seems to be no way of telling if the current AC team get false positives or not and IMO this is wrong.

Having said this I am glad that D2M has opened this question up to the community and some of his ideas which he has stated, as long as they are achievable, seem like a big step forward. The biggest barrier you will need to overcome though is trust and I for one am still slightly skeptical.

JG for president!

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from randa

create a plugin that will take a random ss at anypoint in the game, people then have to upload these ss’s and if they dont will be banned etc.

http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?pageid=xac-about

X-ray anticheat can be run a virtual machine and is useless and laggy. It does what you suggest though.

Edit: Not quite sure what ‘a virtual machine’ is, but I heard someone who know’s what he’s talking about use the phrase.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?pageid=xac-about

X-ray anticheat can be run a virtual machine and is useless and laggy. It does what you suggest though.

I think he was being sarcastic. (X-Ray is annoying)

The one flaw I see in these anti-cheat programs… is that they don’t actually look for cheating, just for suspicious programs being loaded. If there were a server plugin which checked for suspicious behaviour (such as, tracking through walls, percentage of shots on target, etc. if such things could be measured), it would help combat cheating more effectively than a program that runs in the background that can impact your performance within the game.

ambra

Quoted from F2

It is crucial that the players you are banning are actually cheating. I understand your reasons for not releasing evidence, but it is important that your evidence is so rock-solid that if you were to release it then everyone would be convinced that the person is actually cheating. I’d rather have 50 cheaters playing, than 1 innocent banned.

I’d rather not

Some sort of cheap and easy to use anti-cheat to scare away people who aren’t overly bothered/techie. Also do something like a combination of what Koeitje and Beserker said. Something double blind with two or more separate teams (2-3 people maybe). Also a dropbox like system so that even people in the teams didn’t at first talk to each other about the demo. This would need an overall co-ordinator who would ideally never actually look at the demos, but who would collate what different ac admins had seen and if a pattern emerges then makes some sort of judgement or get more people to look at it etc. Also maybe before someone is banned ALL ac admins who had looked at the demo talked about it together and if the co-ordinator thought everyone was on the same page then a ban could be made.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from F2

I disagree totally, for obvious reasons.

GriZZly

The first question would be how can we get those AC-boys from different levels? i think there are not many peoples out
there who have the ACT experience to deal with this job, and if nobody
is going to share his knowledge with some AC-dummies we will come to a point where no new AC-Admins will be available.
Mayby etf2l should stop with searching AC-Admins with expierince, and start building some good AC-Boys,
i think if you get explainted what you have to look for you could easily help the ACT.

I personally think it would be good to have different cheat sections. Just for example: we build 4, 2 man teams.

To explane the teams: Team 1-3 are equal and “!!indepentent!!”from the other 2 “normal” teams,
they just need to watch the demos and collect inforamtions about the viewed evidence (demo from the cheater),
the 4th Team is the AC-Headteam if all 3 “normal” AC-Crews say “the evidence is positive”,
the AC-Headteam gets the informations from all of the 3 Teams,
so there job is to spot if all informations are mostly equal and check the demo by the informations they have got,
and make the decison if the player gets banned or not, they also have to write a report and make a short videoclip.

Maybe the teams should be build with peoples out of the same country so if the accused comes – just for example – from France,
the France AC-Crew didn’t get the demo’s… ?!

If a cheater gets caught the AC-Team, should give the community a little videoclip and a report what they have found and whats the reason for the ban,
its clear that most “normal” guys wan’t find something in the clips but thats the reason why we have the AC-Team because they know what they are doing
there is no need to show weakness, thats the envidence and thats the reason why we’ve banned him, flames will be guaranteed but thats inet :p

I think every player who plays in an etf2l league should be bound to upload his pov-demos, so if an player gets accused for cheating the
AC-Team could collect more envidence and the Cheater won’t recognize that he is checked by the AC-Team, for example: in week one
somebody gets accused, the AC-Team take the week 1 demo and can also wait for the week 2 demo, because they don’t need to
say:”Please Cheater show us your demos because we wan’t to ban you”. If a player is not uploading his demo from a etf2l match he get’s an penaltie
point if he reaches 3 pp’s he get’s banned for the next etf2l match.

The next step would be, to update the rules, that the AC-Team is dealing with the
cheaters and how the AC-Team really works!!!

(sry for my english but i hope you’ll understand the most of it ^^)

quad

Quoted from ambra

[…]

I’d rather not

And if the innocent is you? well.. “don’t care”

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from quad

[…]
And if the innocent is you? well.. “don’t care”

quad, this topic is not about you.

Please contribute useful discussion towards the topic by making constructive comments about improvement. If you have no wish to do this, do not make another post in this topic.

quad

Quoted from d2m

[…]

quad, this topic is not about you.

Please contribute useful discussion towards the topic by making constructive comments about improvement. If you have no wish to do this, do not make another post in this topic.

I am trying to contribute..
I dident say anything about my case.. (You are turning it to be)
Just want to get the moral right about what the consequences are.

Ambra.
What good is it if we ban 50 cheaters, but 1 innocent, if it was you. Then I guess its not so fun/ok anymore then?
You can think it good and fine if its someone you dont know(or yourself)
But if it was.

ok, I’m done

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »