Forum

Anti Cheat - What would you improve?

Created 8th March 2010 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 31 Next »

compton

cvx|

Quoted from Edd

Tbh the only ac program i would agree with is one that just takes screenshots, this would prevent wallhack. It is also less processor hungry because it doesn’t scan your pc for cheats in the background. This would stop a lot of crashes and sluggish pc speeds, the reason it shouldn’t perform invasive searches is because it is so easy to rename a cheat to something like mumble.exe (look at the famous vent.exe cheat from source) and they rarely catch anyone who has a braincell.

For the issue of client side cheats like triggerbot and aimbot, watching POV demos should suffice, to people who know what they are looking for its quite easy to see someone using an aimbot / triggerbot.

How many times does it have to be said, don’t make technical arguments if you have no idea how the software actually works!

(Just because the program does “invasive searches” doesn’t automatically mean that it makes you crash more often)

infussle

Quoted from Edd

Tbh the only ac program i would agree with is one that just takes screenshots, this would prevent wallhack.

wait. what?

Norris

Quoted from Edd

Tbh the only ac program i would agree with is one that just takes screenshots, this would prevent wallhack. It is also less processor hungry because it doesn’t scan your pc for cheats in the background. This would stop a lot of crashes and sluggish pc speeds, the reason it shouldn’t perform invasive searches is because it is so easy to rename a cheat to something like mumble.exe (look at the famous vent.exe cheat from source) and they rarely catch anyone who has a braincell.

For the issue of client side cheats like triggerbot and aimbot, watching POV demos should suffice, to people who know what they are looking for its quite easy to see someone using an aimbot / triggerbot.

do you honestly think a third party programm which takes control over your pc and its cpu priority to gain file-structure access plus ressources to open/close data streams to save a motherf%cking screenshot will cause no performance issues?

edit: And how the f%ck do you come to the solution that you could hide your cheats with all its memory actions and game operations it does just by renaming the executable? Lol

n00ne

What he ment was that theres was a css cheat that showed up in all anticheat programs as an innocent ventrilo overlay. Whos to say that cant be made again?

And actually , aequitas also takes screenshots…

Norris

So what? Some tools couldn’t detect it until mid 2009. Some tools couldn’t detect any shit till 2001. It doesn’t mean that aren’t tools out there which are capable by now mate. As I wrote about tools might try to fake their identity due a new name but they can’t hide their operations.

I’m also aware of the screenshots in aeq. I just tried to point out that switching to something else will still eat up your gaming performance plus you won’t track cheats which actually detect screenshot requests and untoggle themselves before.

So aeq retrieves and logs these operations as well. Sure you’ll end up losing even more performance. even if it’s nowhere near doing your ingame shot. But it’s still a trade.

Edd

T2P

well tbh im only posting what i think, no need to start swearing at me :<.

compton, you're right i don't know about how programs work i just thought that "on paper" it doesnt sound very memory intensive. If you think about it properly, instead of just flaming people you can see where im trying to come from

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

http://steambans.com/index.php just relaunched.

I suggest before banning a player, submit there also a demo and see their results.

quad

Quoted from Nigh

http://steambans.com/index.php just relaunched.

I suggest before banning a player, submit there also a demo and see their results.

Agreed, can I haz dat plz?

RareSpycrab

It might just be me but i think a ban from all tf2 leagues is going a bit far. Because some people could be falsely accused. I know alot of people do complain even when they have been banned but there still are alot of incidences where the accusations are false.

Quoted from Edd

This. It worked great in battlefield 2 and visual cheats are used even more in source games.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from quad

[…]

Agreed, can I haz dat plz?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

RareSpycrab

Double post sorry :S

quad

Quoted from RareSpycrab

It might just be me but i think a ban from all tf2 leagues is going a bit far. Because some people could be falsely accused. I know alot of people do complain even when they have been banned but there still are alot of incidences where the accusations are false.

At ‘steambans’ you can even protest/appeal

Think it would be good to have the anti-cheat team based outside the leugue, so no personal issues(or friendship) gets involved when judging.
If their anti cheat system (Detox) would be updated, then it should definitely get some attention. (its server side)

slam

MILF

steambans woudl be great

foLyQa

[9B1C]

UAC2 or X-Ray

dannye

cb.

X-Ray won’t help against triggerbot/aimbot.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 31 Next »