Forum

Anti Cheat - What would you improve?

Created 8th March 2010 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 31 Next »

AnAkkk

Quoted from compton

[…]

Sorry for offtopic but this statement is just bizarre.

A bloat software that works better than a stripped version? Are you purposely making Aequitas crappy so people would download stuff they don’t want?

ESL Wire was released after Aequitas, and since Aequitas doesn’t work the same way (it is launched through Wire, and it’s like a special Aequitas version for Wire), for some reason this fix many issues.

And no, this is of course not done on purpose :)

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Might sound stupid but what about this ?

A client side anti cheat, installed like a game plugin (like PREC), which can check the game easly.

I’m not sure if a plugin can be decompilated in order to be modified but if this happen, it should send to an etf2l daemon its program size in a random codification (in order to prevent being modified with a the real value by modificator itself).

AnAkkk

Quoted from Nigh

Might sound stupid but what about this ?

A client side anti cheat, installed like a game plugin (like PREC), which can check the game easly.

I’m not sure if a plugin can be decompilated in order to be modified but if this happen, it should send to an etf2l daemon its program size in a random codification (in order to prevent being modified with a the real value by modificator itself).

Good way to spend time on something useless once Valve will fix the client side plugin exploit.

kaidus

WiK?

Thread needs less aeuqitas fan-boyism, and more productive discussion.

RaCio

GoT²

I suspect most AC-programs like aequitas won’t work on a mac. I’m not sure how many people are planning to play TF2 on OSX, it might be important for considering an AC-program :)

Edd

T2P

I haven’t read all 13 pages as I’m in a hurry but I believe adding these two new rules could only be for the benefit of the league.

a) If someone who has been accused, fails to upload their POV demo then they should automatically get a 1 or 2 match ban. This being non negotiable. If they fail to upload a second time they get a one season ban. The more severe the rules the less likely cheaters will try and cheat the system.

b) A jury of sorts to decide if said person is cheating or not. Similar to the sort of jury you would find at a criminal trial. Independent non biased people, who work TOGETHER to make a decision as to whether or not said player is cheating.

In my opinion if someone is found to be cheating by the methods I have proposed they should have a lifelong forum, league and ip ban from the site.

However some people will think differently.

kurt

trick17
trick17

Quoted from Edd

The more severe the rules the less likely cheaters will try and cheat the system.

I don’t think so. Criminals or in this case cheaters almost never take the punishment in consideration. They think they won’t catch me so i am going to do it. Therefore I can’t see how the rule you proposed would scare cheaters. It is more a rule to enforce the rules about recording PoV demos.

Edd

T2P

Quoted from kurt

[…]

I don’t think so. Criminals or in this case cheaters almost never take the punishment in consideration. They think they won’t catch me so i am going to do it. Therefore I can’t see how the rule you proposed would scare cheaters. It is more a rule to enforce the rules about recording PoV demos.

yes that’s exactly the point i’m trying to get across.

POV demos are the best kind of evidence an AC admin (and or my suggestion of a jury) can get.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from RaCio

I suspect most AC-programs like aequitas won’t work on a mac. I’m not sure how many people are planning to play TF2 on OSX, it might be important for considering an AC-program :)

ye this is correct, when i played on da mac i couldnt run aequitas so had to go to an admin before every game to explain this. a pain for the minority but i guess something that works for all would be appreciated

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Good way to spend time on something useless once Valve will fix the client side plugin exploit.

“Exploit” – We’re allowed to run plugins clientside, PREC much?

sexy_kroete

Kot=Brot

Quoted from Edd

a) If someone who has been accused, fails to upload their POV demo then they should automatically get a 1 or 2 match ban. This being non negotiable. If they fail to upload a second time they get a one season ban. The more severe the rules the less likely cheaters will try and cheat the system.

i’d like that

AnAkkk

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

“Exploit” – We’re allowed to run plugins clientside, PREC much?

No, you aren’t allowed to do that. PREC is just using an exploit of the game engine, plugins have been made to be server side, and because the server side code is also on the client side for hosting listen servers, it allows you to run plugins like PREC.
It also allows you to cheat very easily, but I’m not going to explain how here.

Valve has already been informed many times about this exploit and said they would fix it, but they still didn’t fix it ATM.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

No, you aren’t allowed to do that. PREC is just using an exploit of the game engine, plugins have been made to be server side, and because the server side code is also on the client side for hosting listen servers, it allows you to run plugins like PREC.
It also allows you to cheat very easily, but I’m not going to explain how here.

Valve has already been informed many times about this exploit and said they would fix it, but they still didn’t fix it ATM.

Bunnyhoping is an exploit, but nobody ever bothered to fix that in quake. ;)

P-REC is one of the most useful tools there is currently in TF2. If you plan to force everyone to stop using it, you will make A LOT of enemies. I know why you want to block it, I know client-side plugins are an exploit, but just because its an exploit it doesn’t make it a bad thing. How about just monitoring what client side plugins are loaded?

AnAkkk

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Bunnyhoping is an exploit, but nobody ever bothered to fix that in quake. ;)

P-REC is one of the most useful tools there is currently in TF2. If you plan to force everyone to stop using it, you will make A LOT of enemies. I know why you want to block it, I know client-side plugins are an exploit, but just because its an exploit it doesn’t make it a bad thing. How about just monitoring what client side plugins are loaded?

There are many tutorials on how to change sv_cheats to 1 and use wallhack and speedhack cvars, with client side plugins.
If they fix it, this is going to break PREC and other client side plugins, this is nothing new. Just ask Valve to add commands for automatic recording.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

We have told all the league teams to get their players to test Aequitas before their first match, this was sent 3-4 times by emails, along with the private forum with infos about Aequitas and common problems. It is your own fault and you can only blame yourself if you have not read these emails, and the forums, and have not tested ESL Wire (or Aequitas) before your first match. We have also told people to use ESL Wire because it has a lot less problems than the standalone Aequitas, but again some people didn’t listen.

The only crash with Wire which has been reported lately was when you click the “Upload” button when trying to upload files, and that was fixed 2 days ago.

I seriously hope for you Anakin that you are joking. We have tested aequitas before and it worked smooth. You cant blame us for your shitty programme to crash. I’ve talked to you before and instead of listening to our problems, the only thing you can say is that its our fault.
Just to be clear that we switched to ESL Wire after our first match, including aequitas problems. We tested Wire and then still it would crash during a match.
Your above statement is just shit m8, especially if your commenting on our case.
Wire would crash when uploading a file just because it couldnt handle any file bigger then 1mb, you said this yourself. Now why does the programme make a file of atleast 4mb, standard. If you cant even get easy things like this right the first time, you cant even talk about blaming the players for the crash of aequitas/wire.

Edit: Lets start by getting all the rates etc properly set in etf2l cfg

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 31 Next »