Forum

Another Nations Cup

Created 19th September 2008 @ 21:07

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Wlv

RaWr ::

Never said there would be? :), those 3 months would be ideal I think. In the mean time if anyone has any suggestions to improve the competition, go ahead and post

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

I’d like this. Would be cool :)

And would you have enough players to split the UK up?

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

i wanna play : (

Wlv

Just an idea I was thinking about was doing a lower division version of the competition also, for example only players in and below xx division..get as many people as possible involved :)

Jonni

[FB]

that’s a great idea wlv. having a 2 tier nations cup. but it would kind of take away the idea of leetness of being in the national team if there’s 2 national teams. + I don’t think we dutch can deliver another team :P

xtala

I think he meant an English, Welsh and Scottish team (perhaps a Northern Irish one as well :p)

SfynX

T2P

why not just combine all them into…a uk team XD?

Anathema

Yes split it up so lower-skilled Belgian people like me can participate :)

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

i dont really like the idea of splitting the nation up, and letting lower skilled players play. the idea of playing for your nation is to be the best there is in your class for your nation. it’s the same with sports, only the best players play for their country. so why should it be different if you feel sorry for lower skilled players who can’t play for their country :/

(sorry if this seems harsh : ( )

kaidus

WiK?

I thought the idea was to have two seperate competitions. One for the real nations teams, and one with a skill restriction of like div3-4-5-6 (maybe not 3?).

Really don’t care either way. The latter competition would be fun for the people involved, but as someone who obviously wouldn’t participate I can’t say I’d be that interested in watching the lower tier games.

Wlv

Kaidus got what I said!

Waebi

‹Con›

would be sad for you too then, num. naaat?

dunc

infs
dp.

I think numlocked is correct, for the first time in his life.

Playing for your nation is meant to be a big thing. It’s supposed to be the creme de la creme.

If each nation has two managers and are willing to try players that aren’t merely reputed to be the best in their countries, the competition would be great. The UK for example has one or two up-and-coming players that certainly warrant an extended trial for their nation.

Waebi

‹Con›

…and some nations just have too less “high” players, which means they’ll fail instantly :(

nvc

just allow 2 teams from each country, an A team and a B team, 8man rosters

simple

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »