Forum

Fixed maps in Season 6

Created 17th August 2009 @ 15:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

One step at at a time please. If you add like 7 new maps and force teams to play them the outcome of the season is going to be a pretty inaccurate representation of skill level. Evidently we’re not getting a lot of notice as to the maps, so it’s just gonna be a random as fuck season if every week people go into a match having played a map only a couple of times.

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

I believe this way is the only way. If we just continue and adds some maps to the league we never will play them, and we will continue with cp_granary and/or cp_badlands in almost every match.

“it’s just gonna be a random as fuck season if every week people go into a match having played a map only a couple of times.”

Then there’s no one to blame. Just lack of interest and will! Like i said: “We humans are a comfortable breed” :)

NerdZone

would love fixed maps, interested to see what the admins decision will be :)

skinnie

TCM

I believe this way is the only way. If we just continue and adds some maps to the league we never will play them, and we will continue with cp_granary and/or cp_badlands in almost every match.

“it’s just gonna be a random as fuck season if every week people go into a match having played a map only a couple of times.”

Then there’s no one to blame. Just lack of interest and will! Like i said: “We humans are a comfortable breed” :)

the only way to .. fuck up this league totally ?

I have no idea how u can think that putting a bunch of these custom maps (with most of them not properly tested / not on par with the other maps) in the mappool will improve etf2l

+1 for fixed maps tho and maybe 1 custom map (MAX)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

How about 1 fixed map every week and a 3 map pool every week for the 2nd map from which both teams can eliminate 1 map.

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

“the only way to .. fuck up this league totally ?”

No!

I’m 99.9% certain that you isn’t concern about the league. You are just afraid of changes and that these changes will be negative for you? But imo there’s 0.1% chance that i’m wrong :D

All i wish for is that Season 6 will have fixed maps with new custom ones in it, so we can give them a fair chance. Imo otherwise we never will. And after the season we have an assessment. Imo i don’t think this will hurt the league. If fixed maps with new custom ones is hated by the majority we just go back to what it was in season 1-5. I’m pretty sure that no one will leave the league or quit TF2 because of it :)

Moose

[MIPC]

I’m pretty sure that no one will leave the league or quit TF2 because of it :)

I’m pretty sure cc wouldn’t play the next etf2l season with the map pool you suggested. And I’m also pretty sure we wouldn’t be the only ones leaving.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Aye stick gullywash in and save the rest for a custom cup :D

Aye stick gullywash in and save the rest for a custom cup :D

Yukon as well!

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

Oh shit :( Then i’m happy that i’m not in charge of the league (You too i think :D). We don’t want to loose great teams like crack Clan!

But i’m curious… What are you afraid of? That the game will be boring? That you will loose because of it? That many teams think like you and will leave the league?

OBS!

“(Of course, the above maps is just an exampel)”

Bash

Because we don’t want to play horrible maps, how thick are you? Gullywash is a good map and probably the only one that has been properly tested in 6on6, but most of the maps you propose are complete garbage, not fun to play, and games on them would deteoriate quickly to public/pickup level gameplay.

The whole “lol players who are not shit at this game are scared of playing new maps cuz theyll lose” shtick is getting really old. Might as well play MARIO_KART and a bunch of surf maps with your reasoning.

eoN^

Tbh i think gullywash is to good :< should auto be put into the primary map pool and taken out of the map competition so other maps stand a chance ;p

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

“how thick are you?”

Not at all!

“most of the maps you propose are complete garbage.”

Not everyone think so!

“The whole “lol players who are not shit at this game are scared of playing new maps cuz theyll lose” shtick is getting really old.”

I’ve never heard that! Who said that? You?

“Might as well play MARIO_KART and a bunch of surf maps with your reasoning.”

hmm… Please keep this thread on a mature level!

RaCio

GoT²

You shouldnt put in untested custom maps in there. Also, playing and preparing 18 maps in one season would be terrible.

Imo, there should be about 8-9 maps for a season in total. So you play each map 2 times(and maybe badlands/granary 3 times).
The map pool would be something like this: Badlands, Granary, Freight, Well, Gravelpit, Turbine, Winner map contest, 2nd place map contest

After a season you could have an extensive poll were people could rate the maps. However it should be set up well to get useable results. Being able to rate the maps from best to worst and filing in the division could take care of that.
After that you look what the worst maps were and replace them with other (custom) maps the next season.

eoN^

Tbh, i say if we want to keep the map pool the same size remove freight and fastlane and replace with gullywash and one other?

I dislike freight and fastlane :X

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »