Forum

New idea for pointing system.

Created 19th May 2015 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

taube

BWB

I’m probably not alone when it comes to disliking the current pointing system in ETF2L. A team get’s 3 points if they win a map, 2 points if they win a golden cap, and 1 point if they lose in golden cap. The issue with this is that people are mostly just going to “park the bus”, for ex. they get 2 rounds on snakewater, and then just stalemate and wait for the enemy team to push and play defensively. Or lets says team A rolls team B, while team C struggled to beat team B, and both team A and C get the same amount of points. My idea for the pointing system is:

If a team beats a team with the mercy rule (5-0, 6-1 etc. ) they get full 3 points, for viaduct it counts if its 3-0, ex:
Team A beats team B 6-1 on process – Team A gets 3 points
Team A rolls team B 3-0 on viaduct – Team A gets 3 points

If a team beats the opposing team by having more rounds at the end of the 30 minute time limit, they get 2 points, ex:
Team A beats team B 5-3 on process – Team A gets 2 points
Team A beats team B 3-1 on viaduct – Team A gets 2 points

And if a team beats another team in golden cap, they only get 1 point, ex:
Team A beats team B 4-3 on process in a golden cap – Team A gets 1 point

This system should encourage teams to give it their best all the time, so they can get the full 3 points. Not sure how this would work in highlander with the sometimes 1 map per week thing, but hopefully it can be considered for 6s, but this was just an idea I had to get of my shoulders.

Last edited by taube,

Henghast

open
bobs

my favourite pointing system is where you go;

“Look at that”

Then raise your arm in the direction you wish to indicate and extend your index finger to emphasise the thing you are indicating. That’s solid pointing.

Last edited by Henghast,

AB

parking the bus is giving it their bast, if a team is up by x amount of rounds they have no incentive in pushing and the other team needs to prove that they’re better by taking those rounds off of them.

It’s boring play but it really is objectively the best way to play, especially if it’s a big game with high stakes.

A lot of people seem to think parking the bus just involves sitting on a point and doing nothing at all, any good team will still be going for uber force plays or run an off-class to give them an advantage. It’s only bad teams who do nothing at all and that’s honestly much easier to push out on.

Also, the only people who really complain about it are the losing team….. so just get better instead of asking to change the points system.

Last edited by AB,

nole

BWB

I’m definitely agreeing with Pige0n, not just because he’s my friend but because I actually have the same opinion (I didn’t even knew he is going to make this post). It happens way too often that a team just “plays the time” so they can get easy 3 points. Would like to see a change in Season 22 so points are going to be more different and not 10 teams with the same amount of points on the tables at the end of the season.

nole

BWB

Quoted from AB

parking the bus is giving it their bast, if a team is up by x amount of rounds they have no incentive in pushing and the other team needs to prove that they’re better by taking those rounds off of them.

It’s boring play but it really is objectively the best way to play, especially if it’s a big game with high stakes.

yea have fun pushing into process middle when they have everyone on the highground

AB

if you go down enough rounds that the other team feels secure about slowing the game down against you, it’s not etf2l’s scoring systems fault or the map’s fault, it’s because you’re not good enough. It’s definitely possible to push out to mid if you know what you’re doing.

You guys are fresh out of open, I doubt you have a very objective view on things.

Last edited by AB,

nole

BWB

Quoted from AB

if you go down enough rounds that the other team feels secure about slowing the game down against you, it’s not etf2l’s scoring systems fault or the map’s fault, it’s because you’re not good enough. It’s definitely possible to push out to mid if you know what you’re doing.

You guys are fresh out of open, I doubt you have a very objective view on things.

Sorry if we’re not as experienced as you, mister “i have played 1 season in mid i’m better now”

Last edited by nole,

AB

how about contributing to the argument instead of passive agressive remarks eh. Oh wait you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Last edited by AB,

nole

BWB

Quoted from AB

how about contributing to the argument instead of passive agressive remarks eh. Oh wait you don’t know what you’re talking about.

said the guy who just got mercy ruled on both maps in week 1

AB

brilliant case you’re making for a new pointing system

nole

BWB

Quoted from AB

brilliant case you’re making for a new pointing system

anything else you need to add or are you done? you’re not helpful, you know?

P.S.: I’m autistic

AB

I’m just waiting for a response to the points I raised that’s not personal towards me or my team lol

Henghast

open
bobs

casual ad hominems add less to the conversation than I did. Well done ruining the discussion in your own thread.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

It might have been good to award a bonus point for windif in the old league where everyone played everyone, but in Swiss it’s a bit too arbitrary. Current rules are fine under Swiss, you just need to alter the way you look at it: league fixtures only determine your approximate position, playoffs determine who wins.

nole

BWB

Quoted from AB

I’m just waiting for a response to the points I raised that’s not personal towards me or my team lol

the point is that teams shouldn’t just play super passive after 2 round wins. it makes the game very boring and the opposing team will just have it harder to strike back. teams should actually try and get all possible rounds off of their enemies to secure full amount of points

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »