Forum

feedback S8 Highlander: Raising an issue

Created 25th April 2015 @ 01:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

RTC

Quoted from HartzFartz

In my opinion DOSH and upp are better teams than biggus or MEGA.

Unpoppable have been whipping boys for Bureau, He-Man and the weebs from what I’ve heard.

Last edited by RTC,

sorsa

mooz

Is there a connection between useless threads and pyro mains?

damneasy

Who’s loveclop and why cant he be in prem?

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from damneasy

Who’s loveclop and why cant he be in prem?

Some lobby player notorious for an unusual amount of games played and hours put in compared to displayed ability.

I will never hate on a team for being ambitious. As kkaltuu mentions, every single prem season has had that 1 team that gets stomped by the rest. If you’ll allow just one criticism I have it’s that I think league admins are a bit too lenient or kind towards teams div requests. I know you guys will force teams to go higher/lower if they should be, but please consider being a bit more ruthless in this regard. I’d go so far as to say disregard peoples div request entirely and base everything on past results, roster issues, recent results etc you know the deal. Even if some can be scared to play too high, all they need is a little friendly push ^^

The last teams placed in prem always end up like gambles. In season 5 my old team (itsallgood) got placed in prem and that created the same drama just like this thread, since we only had d2 results and a wireplay win under our belt at the time. We got valuable prem experience out of that and was able to improve a lot, and managed the bronze medal which surprised us the most probably.

The biggest issue with having only 6 teams in prem was how closed the club became. It was really hard to get into prem, or to get experience enough to be eligible. Prem teams scrimmed prem. Top prem scrimmed top NA teams. Regular season was shorter etc. With 8 teams the skill difference between top and low will be much bigger, but at the same time the “new kids on the block” can get some valuable experience out of the season. Of course if you get too crushed a team can get demotivated and some teams handle that poorly with roster issues and sometimes folding.

You also get the unfortunate issue of every high team feeling they belong in prem because they’ve won scrims. Looking at you European Chronos . :D

Last edited by Lazybear,

Can we please hear back from quell?

stephen

Quoted from kKaltUu

Can we please hear back from quell?

actually can we not ty

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from stephen

[…]

actually can we not ty

sometimes it’s important to keep up momentum and keep issues in the public’s mind. how you do that is second to the goal itself.

stephen

http://i.imgur.com/apnEeZS.jpg

skyro

#SaveMelee

I’m surprised people still give half a shit about what goes on in prem, specifically since the majority of people in this thread(I’m looking at you quell) don’t even play in the current prem season. What kind of relevant fuck could you possibly give about how hard other people get whipped by prem teams?

Let the season end the way it always does, with a playoff with the best teams in a situation where the bottom half is no longer relevant. If you really feel like changing the way prem looks, stand up and get into prem, and if you can’t, then watch and see how other people do it.

All scenes see their ups and downs, and the biggest competitive scenes are no exception. Just look at the hilarious disaster going on in North American CS:GO right now. That’s basically the same thing: a lack of comparable talent results in a lack of competition with a different area of the scene, in our case the difference between top prem and bottom prem, rather than NA and EU.

foungi

0fo
0FO

@skyro: quell is free to express his opinion, and especially in eu hl we need to value the opinions of the people who watch the casts more, since we’re lagging behind compared to na & 6s.

we (mega) weren’t eager to get rekt in prem. we had really good scrim results against high teams before the season, but were still trialing snipers and pyros. we maybe were better than upp&emone, dk bout wasp, but we didn’t feel like risking it. we would’ve played prem if you forced us to, but you didn’t. instead we’re looking forward to actually competing in prem next season, considering there are still some months to go til then.
to sum it up, give us a reason to play prem. we don’t care about participation medals, we can scrim prem teams to get experience without being laughed at by others. prices and newsposts like the last one motivate teams.

nonetheless, props to upp & emone for actually playing. somebody had to do it, and i hope you guys don’t fold after this season

@hartz: please show up with an actual fair enough roster for the next scrim, we’re bored of winning against you.

Last edited by foungi,

Quoted from foungi

we’re bored of winning against you.

WOW BIG BOY FOUNGI EleGiggle

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from HartzFartz

In my opinion DOSH and upp are better teams than biggus or MEGA.

he started the banter :^)

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from foungi

@hartz: please show up with an actual fair enough roster for the next scrim, we’re bored of winning against you.

If only we had an official 8)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4