Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 21 Next »

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Sort out the seeding. Two teams were tied in points (3rd) because one team received a major warning. Instead of a tiebreaker game to decide who is higher seed, the team who (golden cap) won the H2H was given higher seed despite scoring fewer points in the season.

IMHO since the tie was not caused by two teams scoring the same points, but because one was deducted due to bureaucracy, this is why I think a tiebreaker game should have been played. If both teams scored the same points then I agree with H2H being used to decide.

As for the argument of ‘it wouldn’t be a punishment if it didn’t affect the points’ it just so happens in this case that the team in 4th only scored 1 point less, leading to this unlikely situation. It could have easily meant we scored a point less than Premtech, in which case there’d be no issue. A tiebreaker should have been used to decide the seed, as it led to the team which won the playoff choose two out of three maps played despite doing worse in the regular season. It’s bizarre.

Last edited by b33p,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

no i dont see anything strange about the reasoning of etf2l

jakeowaty

Quoted from b33p

Sort out the seeding. Two teams were tied in points (3rd) because one team received a major warning. Instead of a tiebreaker game to decide who is higher seed, the team who (golden cap) won the H2H was given higher seed despite scoring fewer points in the season.

IMHO since the tie was not caused by two teams scoring the same points, but because one was deducted due to bureaucracy, this is why I think a tiebreaker game should have been played. If both teams scored the same points then I agree with H2H being used to decide.

As for the argument of ‘it wouldn’t be a punishment if it didn’t affect the points’ it just so happens in this case that the team in 4th only scored 1 point less, leading to this unlikely situation. It could have easily meant we scored a point less than Premtech, in which case there’d be no issue. A tiebreaker should have been used to decide the seed, as it led to the team which won the playoff choose two out of three maps played despite doing worse in the regular season. It’s bizarre.

I think beep is salty cuz he lost, that’s all.

Bulow

GG

I think the best decision was made, but B33p is right that it should be ‘sorted out’ inasmuch as the rules need to be updated to reflect how tied positions will be dealt with in future.

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

I agree with Bulow

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Spreijer

I agree with Bulow

thanks for letting us know U FUCKING IDIOT!”!!!!

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

thanks for letting us know U FUCKING IDIOT!”!!!!

Don’t you dare take this away from me, Scissors. This NEVER happens.

Quoted from Bulow

[…]

Don’t you dare take this away from me, Scissors. This NEVER happens.

Wonder why.

Pete_

PrettyGay

hi etf2l we lost fuck your seeding

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

Wonder why.

If only you hadn’t been kicked for being a lazy badmin, none of this would have happened :^)

Quoted from Bulow

[…]

If only you hadn’t been kicked for being a lazy badmin, none of this would have happened :^)

Lazy? Yes. Kicked. No.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

With the new system there will be a clear outline of what will happen with ties, I understand the concern but a tiebreaker simply to decide 1 of the maps in the next round is crazy. Therefore we took the most logical approach and decided H2H was the fairest method to separate the teams.

Also please stop claiming you had more points, its called a penalty for a reason (it penalises you).

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from Permzilla

With the new system there will be a clear outline of what will happen with ties, I understand the concern but a tiebreaker simply to decide 1 of the maps in the next round is crazy. Therefore we took the most logical approach and decided H2H was the fairest method to separate the teams.

Also please stop claiming you had more points, its called a penalty for a reason (it penalises you).

Good to hear about the new system.

If you didn’t skip so many English lessons at school and could read properly, you’d see that I never said we had more points, as we had equal points.

Last edited by b33p,

quintosh

wL.

Last edited by quintosh,

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from b33p

[…]

Good to hear about the new system.

If you didn’t skip so many English lessons at school and could read properly, you’d see that I never said we had more points, as we had equal points.

It’s your responsibility as a leader, which you proudly let everyone know everywhere, to make sure everyone records and provides their demo’s, uses their proper nickname etc.
If you fail to do that 3 times, you maybe want to consider changing something in your roster or have a look at yourself. You got a major warning: due to repetitive failure. Stop blaming others for “your” mistakes.

Besides that, “despite doing worse in the regular season” you had 2 default wins, premtech didn’t. Please wake up b33p.

You can of course make a video again, maybe that helps.

Last edited by Nik,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 21 Next »