Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Munky

[…]

People did use their etf2l names…

… that you can change at any time, which is the reason for the requirement to submit 1 nick per player in the first place.

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
… that you can change at any time, which is the reason for the requirement to submit 1 nick per player in the first place.

Couldn’t you just put that your ETF2L name at the start of the season is your chosen name and any changes after that have to be submitted? Because the implementation of the rules, as they are right now, are creating a lot of issues.

Last edited by Munky,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Munky

[…]

Couldn’t you just put that your ETF2L name at the start of the season is your chosen name and any changes after that have to be submitted? Because the implementation of the rules, as they are right now, are creating a lot of issues.

It’s scheduled to remove the option for players, but as you can see it still hasn’t been implemented. Hence we ask the teams to submit their nicknames via IRC or email (which takes about 30 seconds tops).

We’ve see what happens if we don’t enforce the rule, and it’s been a few seasons since this rule has been implemented.

It’s a really simple rule: submit your players nicknames at the start of the season and when you need a merc. use that nickname for officials and be happy. Rather sloppy from these teams that they let this come so far.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Munky

[…]
Because the implementation of the rules, as they are right now, are creating a lot of issues.

They’re not creating issues because the rule is broken, they’re creating issues because people are too stupid to follow it

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

They’re not creating issues because the rule is broken, they’re creating issues because people are too stupid to follow it

When teams are getting warnings because mercs haven’t had their nicknames registered with other teams then the rules are broken.

Last edited by Munky,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Munky

[…]

When teams are getting warnings because mercs haven’t had their nicknames registered with other teams then the rules are broken.

It’s your responsibility as a leader to make sure all the players you are using have had a submitted nickname.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Munky

[…]

No, it means KS didn’t plan on using him and didn’t submit his nick (which isn’t too bright).
The teams that are playing are responsible to follow the rules. Assuming makes an… etc

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

It’s original purpose was to prevent fakenicking in matches, which itself has happened once with Rouhe. It did not happen once with all of the other cases yet we see several minor warnings handed out to different teams, some of which had teams post on the matchpage the actual nicknames of the players so they can be “approved” by admins. They will be “approved” anyway we all know it.

Rule needs to be re-evaluated, keep it the same as people’s nicknames on ETF2L and if people want to change their names to something silly because they have the sense of humour of a 12 year old (HI SIDESHOW) then well, let them? It’s a game. And fuck this timewasting submitting nicknames shit, waste of everyone’s time, I got 4 pointless minors for a nothing rule.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Tuto

[…]
This, also it’s so fucking hard to just use ones etf2l name in officials, i see

the problem most times is not that people dont use their etf2l names, everyone does, its that nicknames for people you didnt expect to play are not submitted or submitted wrong (so via matchpage instead of signed letter sent to admins)

the rule is retarded, nobody likes it, so be done with it and remove it. so often are you guys such a bad example of authority. keep the site up and post brackets when season starts. what more do you really need to do?

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Rule needs to be re-evaluated, keep it the same as people’s nicknames on ETF2L

Which is impossible, since you’re able to change it at any given moment.

@quell

like I said: the rule is there to encourage whatever professionalism we can muster for the viewers and sponsors.
Removing it isn’t the best idea in that regard.

Balancing this vs the horrible inconvenience of submitting the nicknames of your players, I think it’s safe to say people are trying to create drama where there is none.

And before you comment on why we’ve published the divisions so soon / late (depends on which side you’re looking from) you’re free to show us how it’s done. http://etf2l.org/etf2l/jobs/

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

Which is impossible, since you’re able to change it at any given moment.

@quell

like I said: the rule is there to encourage whatever professionalism we can muster for the viewers and sponsors.
Removing it isn’t the best idea in that regard.

Balancing this vs the horrible inconvenience of submitting the nicknames of your players, I think it’s safe to say people are trying to create drama where there is none.

And before you comment on why we’ve published the divisions so soon / late (depends on which side you’re looking from) you’re free to show us how it’s done. http://etf2l.org/etf2l/jobs/

Yes WOOPYWOOPYYOLOSWAG420, because you like to change your nick on ETF2L to reflect your comedian within doesn’t mean the rest of us do.

Not saying the rule isn’t necessary, it merely needs re-evaluating, don’t like how I can submit nicknames of players I know will be accepted pre-game on the match comments because I don’t want to waste both my time and admins time doing it then having minor warning applied for not doing it “the correct way”. It’s like being in school where you find the right answer but you don’t do it the way it was taught, you get the question wrong?

Last edited by Hildreth,

Candle

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

Said an ETF2L HL admin called WOOPWOOPYOLOSWAG420.

Last edited by Candle,

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Quoted from Candle

[…]

Said an ETF2L HL admin called WOOPWOOPYOLOSWAG420.

Bulow

GG

I heard that witty, handsome, and intelligent team leaders were able to follow the rules and supply official nicknames in the appropriate manner.

I don’t think there were very many cases of this rule being broken last season, so it’s clearly one that is pretty easy to follow.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Yes WOOPYWOOPYYOLOSWAG420, because you like to change your nick on ETF2L to reflect your comedian within doesn’t mean the rest of us do.

Not saying the rule isn’t necessary, it merely needs re-evaluating, don’t like how I can submit nicknames of players I know will be accepted pre-game on the match comments because I don’t want to waste both my time and admins time doing it then having minor warning applied for not doing it “the correct way”. It’s like being in school where you find the right answer but you don’t do it the way it was taught, you get the question wrong?

This shows how easy it is to circumvent the system proposed in posts placed above. “using your ETF2L” nick means it’s worth nothing if you can edit it at any given time.

Nice analogy but not quite true.
If I were to use one, I’d say it’s more as in you find the right answer, but write it on the question paper instead of the question sheet.
Making the teams send in their players via IRC or mail means we can keep the nicks centralised and easy to check.

Repeating it for the last time, the rule will get an update when the functional part of the site that supports it is done.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »