HL Playoff positions decided by a points deduction

Created 20th April 2014 @ 19:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

This shows how easy it is to circumvent the system proposed in posts placed above. “using your ETF2L” nick means it’s worth nothing if you can edit it at any given time.

I can submit a new nicknames at anytime, it doesn’t have to be inappropriate to remain “unprofessional” – I still remember Sideshow using the nickname in one of our matches “AdminsRfroglovers”. Quid pro quo.

Just use some common sense, it’s easy to tell when some people are genuine in their nicknames and some people like RouHe are pushing boundaries. When we get minor warnings for people using the same nicknames they always use, Sheepy, Kissakala, Mr Epic….leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Point deduction itself won’t make a difference to us so long as we win our last games, just re-evaluate it for next season please.

Munky

AEUGH

So what about mercs? Do you have to submit a new nickname for every merc you use? Or ask an admin every single time about their nickname situation? What if it is a last minute merc? If you are using a merc from another team does your chosen nickname overwrite the nickname chosen by their team leader?

So much fuss for something so small. Just find a middle ground and make playing a lot less effort.

Last edited by Munky,

kaidus

WiK?

Stop making excuses because you forgot to submit nicknames. The system has been around for so long now and it’s never been an issue for anyone else.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from kaidus

Stop making excuses because you forgot to submit nicknames. The system has been around for so long now and it’s never been an issue for anyone else.

I did submit them, I didn’t do it the way they asked is the issue, don’t even want the minors removed, we did it wrong but I didn’t forget. I want the rule changed, is all…. and it has been an issue for half the teams this season all with minors for the same thing, we got 4 because it took 5 weeks for them to actually be added all at the same time for 3 different matches, the whole time I thought it was being done properly.

Last edited by Hildreth,

kaidus

WiK?

The rule needs changing because you didn’t read the rule? There are obvious reasons why nicknames aren’t submitted on match pages.

Last edited by kaidus,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from kaidus

The rule needs changing because you didn’t read the rule? There are obvious reasons why nicknames aren’t submitted on match pages.

There is no reason to have rules just to have rules. You shouldn’t be punished for someone playing under their normal nickname. It’s retarded.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]I still remember Sideshow using the nickname in one of our matches “AdminsRfroglovers”. Quid pro quo.

Not adding anything here other than to point out that I used the name “Sideshow adminsRfroglovers”. The rule with nicknames is that your official nickname has to be easily identifiable for casters, whatever is after that (assuming it’s not horrific) isn’t relevant.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Not adding anything here other than to point out that I used the name “Sideshow adminsRfroglovers”. The rule with nicknames is that your official nickname has to be easily identifiable for casters, whatever is after that (assuming it’s not horrific) isn’t relevant.

We got a warning because Jamal was named J@m@l

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]

We got a warning because Jamal was named J@m@l

Jatmatl
Jamal

Yeah I can see why.

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Jatmatl
Jamal

Yeah I can see why.

I can’t.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Solid

[…]

I can’t.

Look at them closely. You may notice that they are not entirely the same.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Look at them closely. You may notice that they are not entirely the same.

The game wasn’t even being casted and pretty much anybody who isn’t being needlessly argumentative would have known it was jamal.

Yes, technically we broke the rules and got punished which is fine. But it makes the league look stupid when its clear to everyone that enforcing the letter of the law in this case clearly goes against the intention of the rule. It’s also kind of annoying when even very recently we’ve seen the admins disregard the wording of the rules to make rulings based upon what they think the rules are trying to achieve.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Can we *please* stop talking about the nickname rule, it IS being changed and we’ve been looking into it for the entire season.

Thanks.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]
The game wasn’t even being casted and pretty much anybody who isn’t being needlessly argumentative would have known it was jamal.
[…]

Where would you draw the line? Would “J4m4l” have been ok? What about “_|4/\/\4|_”? Or maybe “⠚⠁⠍⠁⠇” or “йамал”? Would “lamaj” have been ok? They all mean “Jamal”, after all…

My point is: If the rule has no clear cut, people will find a way to abuse it.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

people will find a way to abuse it.

this would be a valid argument if it was actually even a problem in the first place. It literally has no impact on the game whatsoever.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »