Forum

[Highlander Season 6] Provisional Feedback

Created 16th February 2014 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 Next »

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Like i understand there has been problems in 6s with wildcards http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-28011/page-4/?recent=487392#post-487392 but why take it out on HL?

Last edited by Toba,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Toba

[…]

Taking a wildcard 4 days in advance, for example. isn’t that better than taking the wildcard 15 mins before? Like if the other team refuses to reschedule when you know that you can’t make it that day, then you have to use one.

If you schedule before the scheduling deadline, chances are this scenario won’t even happen. Also bear in mind that if you know 4 days in advance that you cannot play, you can still reschedule your game. If your opponents aren’t cooperating, then yes, you are one of the very few cases where taking the wildcard in advance does not fall into the misuse category. And if you have backups there’s an even smaller chance this will actually happen.

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

it is what it is, and its not the end of the world. thx for the apology but its really not necessary.

I do think less wildcards will equal more defaults or even default hunting when teams are trying to play so many games, but there we go.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Toba

[…]

Taking a wildcard 4 days in advance, for example. isn’t that better than taking the wildcard 15 mins before? Like if the other team refuses to reschedule when you know that you can’t make it that day, then you have to use one.

The idea of a Wildcard is for emergencies, wild-carding 4 days in advance is not usually an emergency. Yep that’s right, hopefully teams will actively schedule their matches and that won’t be a problem!

Hi SmitZ!

And I think the problems are just as bad for HL, a large percentage of Prem matches in particular are wildcarded. It will be implemented into 6v6 in Season 18 if Season 6 isn’t a disaster.

Last edited by Permzilla,

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

As you’re volunteers as ETF2L admins so are team leaders. People have school/work. You need to have 9 people, who will have time on one single day in a week.

Also I remember taking wildcard few days before becouse I have spoken to enemy leader and if we can’t play it before deadline someone need to take wildcard. I always had good communication with other teams but I understand that people might not have time for playing video games, becouse there is lot of much important stuff. Why can’t you understand it if you’re running public service?

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

The idea of a Wildcard is for emergencies, wild-carding 4 days in advance is not usually an emergency. Yep that’s right, hopefully teams will actively schedule their matches and that won’t be a problem!

Hi SmitZ!

And I think the problems are just as bad for HL, a large percentage of Prem matches in particular are wildcarded. It will be implemented into 6v6 in Season 18 if Season 6 isn’t a disaster.

Ok, thanks for answering. Let’s hope all goes well then.

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from Permzilla

Why dont you just do the wildcard limit for prem then if thats where the problem lies?

Chances are the players in prem are much more keen, devoted to the game and have much more free time than the lower divisions. In general the lower division teams are the casual teams and will be much more likely to need the extra wildcard.

Candle

Quoted from Rob!

[…]

Why dont you just do the wildcard limit for prem then if thats where the problem lies?

Chances are the players in prem are much more keen, devoted to the game and have much more free time than the lower divisions. In general the lower division teams are the casual teams and will be much more likely to need the extra wildcard.

This is an okay suggestion.

Mundi

dogs.tf

Quoted from Rob!

[…]

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from quell

(cause its shit anyway, and the game/players benefits more from more proper EU hl)

twitch viewership disagrees

Max

Fusion

Canceling nations cup would be quite a big mistake.

private_meta

STDs

Leaving the current schedule as it is AND reducing wildcards seems to me to be the worst of both worlds, it feels like you couldn’t have made a worse decision somehow.

Also, I don’t quite get it. If I have seen that correctly, the voices FOR 2 wildcards were way more than the voices AGAINST 2 wildcards, why the switch now? It looks like you guys saw 2 people wanting 1 wildcard, now you go for it because “the community wanted it”

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

So how come the admins have gone quiet now we have thought of a good solution that people are agreeing on?

Some admin input would be nice

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from private_meta

Leaving the current schedule as it is AND reducing wildcards seems to me to be the worst of both worlds, it feels like you couldn’t have made a worse decision somehow.

Also, I don’t quite get it. If I have seen that correctly, the voices FOR 2 wildcards were way more than the voices AGAINST 2 wildcards, why the switch now? It looks like you guys saw 2 people wanting 1 wildcard, now you go for it because “the community wanted it”

AFAIK it was decided based on what’s been observed during the seasons, and not just because of some people complaining.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

it is because PREM HL fucked up

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 Next »