Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Rob!

[…]

wtf is this. This is full on retarded.
Drop city.

If you’ve got a better alternative for wildcard abusing we’re on the edge of our seats. Just look at what happened last season and you’ll see why 2 wildcards are too much.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

If you’ve got a better alternative for wildcard abusing we’re on the edge of our seats. Just look at what happened last season and you’ll see why 2 wildcards are too much.

Was “wildcard abuse” ever an issue? Are there any statistics on “wildcard abuse” in the last season? How do you prove a “wildcard abuse”?

I will expect many minor warnings then, since you can use them as wildcards and 2 minor warnings doesn’t matter in the end.

Last edited by Toba,

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

one wildcard is FINE but not when you schedule the season so early it conflicts with wireplay and 6s. THATS the issue here, not the single wildcard.

Last edited by quell,

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

quell gets it

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from quell

[…]

one wildcard is FINE but not when you schedule the season so early it conflicts with wireplay and 6s. THATS the issue here, not the single wildcard.

Ah, the last few posts were about the wildcards. The offer still stands though.

Max

Fusion

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

Ah, the last few posts were about the wildcards. The offer still stands though.

imo its not the right time to make that wildcard rule. Do it next season?

ETF2L didn’t and never will try to destroy another league, organization or any similar TF2 community group. I am not writing this as an official statement, but it’s the truth that has to be pointed out, because it honestly makes me sad to read stuff like “its like they are trying to stop players playing other leagues”.

Before you continue bashing a non-profit organization that makes the whole structure for others to play with, where people willingly give their hours every day – please understand some facts. People were requesting more TF2 seasons, less wildcards and yearly nation cups. Those are the things community wanted for a long time now, and the decisions made by ETF2L staff were made upon that criteria.

If we postpone the upcoming HL season – it will mess up ETF2L in a long term. All 6s and HL seasons, all Nations cups – are scheduled in advance. If we postpone something for a few weeks, we’ll have to cut corners somewhere else. By corners I mean weeks and playoffs that we recently implemented. Either that, or we are going to play TF2 during the whole summer. As far as I know, nobody wants that.

ETF2L reduced wildcards to 1 as they were mostly used for non-urgent things, and yet again – it’s a decision made on community feedback. In all honesty and respect towards some people here – it’s lame and hypocritical to demand a postponed/shorter season, but also at the same time yell at staff for reducing wildcard numbers.

I’ve also heard some people mentioning how Nations cup should be removed or something similar. Sure, it might give us some time in the schedule, but does anybody honestly want that? I am sure nobody will disagree with me when I say (pardon my French) how TF2 is an attention whore when it comes to Twitch, financial support, sponsorship etc. All leagues and communities are trying their best to give competitive TF2 some spotlight. Remove Nation cups, and you’ll remove a big part of TF2.

So tl;dr – it wasn’t our intention to spit on Wireplay and b0nes’ efforts. In my own name, as I do not want to speak for anyone’s behalf (although I slightly did) – I apologize to b0nes. I honestly hope a lot of teams join the upcoming season… If it is of any comfort, mine will.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

ETF2L didn’t and never will try to destroy another league, organization or any similar TF2 community group. I am not writing this as an official statement, but it’s the truth that has to be pointed out, because it’s honestly makes me sad to read stuff like “its like they are trying to stop players playing other leagues”.

snip snip motherfucker.

nobody ever suggest you purposefuly mess up wireplay or whatever ON PURPOSE. and fuck the ‘ doing it for free voluntary ‘ argument cause thats no excuse to be shit or to not listen to what people have to say.

the suggestion in this thread, to sum it up, is to delay etf2l s6 in such a way that it does nto, or minimally interferes with the wireplay season; even if that means removing the HL nations cup (cause its shit anyway, and the game/players benefits more from more proper EU hl)

so instead of playing the butthurt league volunteer card, respond to the above suggestion?

edit; read the rest of ur post and you seem ti say the nations cup is a big part for tf2 publicity. well… it might be for puglicity (is it really?) but in the end isnt it more attractive to watch proper,. well-practiced high level hl games instead?

Last edited by quell,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Yep. I obviously did not intend to schedule this season to interfere and cause problems for other leagues. All this talk of “disbelief at etf2l bla bla bla” is complete rubbish, imagine if another league was in our situation – they would do the same.

As reservoir said, delaying the HL season will completely mess up 6v6 Season 18, Summer Break/Nations Cups and i52. It simply won’t fit without overlapping HLS6 and 6v6S18 so much that they are basically running at the same time. Obviously our league is the first priority not other leagues, so we did what was best for ETF2L. If this doesn’t interfere with other leagues great, if it does then I’m sorry but it has to be like that.

Wildcards were being abused, and by that I mean not being used for their intended purpose. They are intended to be a way out of a sticky situation on the night of the game (someones internet dying, pc dying, rl emergency etc) and at the moment they were being used mostly due to poor scheduling or “needing more practice”. Limiting the Wildcard usage to 1 will decrease the amount they are used for unintended use and keep the season more steady.

Nations Cups are a part of the year schedule now, this is the equivalent of saying “why dont we just get rid of 6v6 because we only play highlander”. Getting rid of the Nations Cups would only be possibly in an absolute emergency.

I apologize to b0nes and anyone else this early season has affected, but it is the only way we can provide a Highlander Season before October-ish.

Last edited by Permzilla,

Quoted from quell

and fuck the ‘ doing it for free voluntary ‘ argument cause thats no excuse to be shit or to not listen to what people have to say.

so instead of playing the butthurt league volunteer card, respond to the above suggestion?

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Saying Nations cup is shit and should be removed is an opinion and a suggestion, I guess. However, seeing there is nothing to do during summer, a casual nations league always seemed as a good move. Having sponsors and a lot of participants each year proves that.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Permzilla

Wildcards were being abused, and by that I mean not being used for their intended purpose. They are intended to be a way out of a sticky situation on the night of the game (someones internet dying, pc dying, rl emergency etc) and at the moment they were being used mostly due to poor scheduling or “needing more practice”. Limiting the Wildcard usage to 1 will decrease the amount they are used for unintended use and keep the season more steady.

How does one prove that wildcard was abused? HL scheduling/leading a team is already hard enough, why make it even harder? Unexpected stuff happens all the time in HL cause it involves 18 people on a server.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Toba

[…]

How does one prove that wildcard was abused? HL scheduling/leading a team is already hard enough, why make it even harder? Unexpected stuff happens all the time in HL cause it involves 18 people on a server.

Taking a wildcard 4 days in advance, for example. Taking a wildcard on the day can’t be proven, like you say. 18 people on a server, only 9 are your responsibility.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

only 9 are your responsibility.

“only”

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Taking a wildcard 4 days in advance, for example. Taking a wildcard on the day can’t be proven, like you say. 18 people on a server, only 9 are your responsibility.

Taking a wildcard 4 days in advance, for example. isn’t that better than taking the wildcard 15 mins before? Like if the other team refuses to reschedule when you know that you can’t make it that day, then you have to use one.

SmitZ

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Wow you’re a fucking halfwit.

Who made this idiot an admin?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »