x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

[Highlander Season 6] Provisional Feedback

Created 16th February 2014 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 Next »

Popcorp

Ok, let Div 3+ Players to Vote for maps then

bub

Season seems fine. Unless you add koth_coalplant.
I don’t want to play that map. xoxo

Turboklaar

3G

Edit

Last edited by Turboklaar,

Bulow

GG

UGC already did a community poll for maps. It was a few seasons ago now (about a year old) which explains why some maps such as barnblitz do rate lower than they do now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aulp21YWX9k3dEd0MjZlSFN6czQweDhUZktmekttM1E#gid=0

Note that the maps are nearly identical to this (and last season). You either need to pick ‘the best’ maps every season, or if variety is valued, then accept that people won’t like every map. People won’t like every map any way.

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from Oxy

Week 1: cp_steel
Week 2: koth_pro_viaduct_rc4
Week 3: pl_upward
Week 4: koth_lakeside_final
Week 5: pl_badwater
Week 6: cp_process_final
Week 7: pl_barnblitz_pro4

This sounds good.
I would also agree that this season overlaping with so many other leuges and ETF2L 6v6 might become a bit stressfull. Would feel better if you could delay it by a month since practising for two leuges on a tight schedule is not fun.

Mista

While gully is OK for Highlander, process is really not appropriate. Maybe one 5CP map only is enough cp follower is more viable imo for HL. even granary is more breathable than process…

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

http://etf2l.org/2014/02/20/highlander-season-6-powered-by-tt-esports-rule-updates-and-prizes/

The usage of the pl_upward glitch where an engineer builds up the dropdown is now considered as an exploit and will be treated the same as any other map exploit.

Que?, never had a problem with it.

The number of Wildcards available in a season has been changed, as they were mostly not being used for their intended purpose.

Every team can use one wildcard in a season.

Only 1 wildcard?! while there is both UGC/wireplay and 6s going on. ;C

Last edited by Toba,

kzr_

gR.

Week 1: pl_upward
Week 3: cp_steel
Week 4: pl_badwater
Week 5: koth_lakeside_final
Week 6: cp_gullywash_final1

It would be the best imo, 3 playloads – the core of HL, cp_steel, 1 5CP and 2 KOTHs each and everyone seperated by 2 weeks – upward week 1 -> badwater week 4. maybe ending a season in badwater instead of the tradicional barnblitz could be epic

Maps don’t need to be synced with UGC, after all they’re a lower quality league

Last edited by kzr_,

Mundi

dogs.tf

Quoted from Toba

Last edited by Mundi,

Max

Fusion

Quoted from kzr_

Week 1: pl_upward
Week 3: cp_steel
Week 4: pl_badwater
Week 5: koth_lakeside_final
Week 6: cp_gullywash_final1

It would be the best imo, 3 playloads – the core of HL, cp_steel, 1 5CP and 2 KOTHs each and everyone seperated by 2 weeks – upward week 1 -> badwater week 4. maybe ending a season in badwater instead of the tradicional barnblitz could be epic

Maps don’t need to be synced with UGC, after all they’re a lower quality league

That map pool strangely looks like last season’s map pool.

Not viable. We need to mix a few things up a bit if we want to be a quality league and help the community out.

Candle

Quoted from Max

[…]

That map pool strangely looks like last season’s map pool.

Not viable. We need to mix a few things up a bit if we want to be a quality league and help the community out.

If you feel this way, go ahead and make 3-4 maps that are as good or better than the ones we have, and I’d be happy to play on those.
I’m NOT going to play on severely shitty maps just because people want variety. I’d rather have pizza for both lunch and dinner than eat pizza for lunch and a fresh turd for dinner.

Last edited by Candle,

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Candle

[…]

If you feel this way, go ahead and make 3-4 maps that are as good or better than the ones we have, and I’d be happy to play on those.
I’m NOT going to play on severely shitty maps just because people want variety. I’d rather have pizza for both lunch and dinner, than eat pizza for lunch and a fresh turd for dinner.

And I’d rather have salad (that equals turd for me) than pizza in every dinner and evening.

We could just change WHEN the maps could be played and just switch 1 or 2 of the maps and… magic?

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from Toba

wtf is this. This is full on retarded.
Drop city.

Last edited by Rob!,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Rob!

[…]

wtf is this. This is full on retarded.
Drop city.

Wireplay and overlapping 6s season. ;C

Hildreth

Pander
Pander

You say that and then you look at how long some games were delayed by, it’s worth a try. Who said ETF2L cared about other league’s timings?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 Next »